I have been using Litchi for a year and have gone through ups and downs. DJI has had more problems than Litchi. Also, I get a quick response to my questions.

It is a valuable tool when you are doing your work. Just be careful.

Reactions: BigAl07
I’m kinda ticked off. I paid for the Litchi app a few weeks ago, started playing around with it to learn the app. The weather was not cooperating. The night I saw good weather and opportunity to fly the next day, I started seeing, “Don’t use Litchi!”
Now, it has been weeks, like I said, and I am very hesitant to try it. What a waste! Might as well throw the money out the window.
Question I imagine we have all asked ourselves:
What benefits were they trying to give us anyway, that are worth all this? Can’t they just revert to the old, at least until they can make a better try at the new. Maybe they don’t understand their own programming?

With all due respect if you haven't used it yet then you're barking a bit too early. You're kind of "Ticked Off" prematurely IMHO.

I use Litchi almost every single day and it's been flawless as far as the Flight App has been. The Mission Hub (only used to preplan flights on your laptop/PC) had some problems for a few days but that had NO effect on any of my flights. Over the last week I've created 7 NEW flight scenarios and flown them with no problem and flown 11 pre-designed flights and flew each one of them flawlessly.

@gingerbloke nailed it in his message above ^^^^^^^^

Reactions: John Locke
Also, I find you need to up date on a regular basis. DJI changes cause most of my problems.

OK so I decided to take the drone out and man was it heavy snow. I swear it was struggling to go up higher due to the thickness of the snow. But.... No laggy footage and streamed to Facebook. Bit slow on taking pics still. Not as fast as it used to be. Was going to do a mission to test it but no point. Wouldn't be able to see anything lol

Oh and if anyone was wondering... The drone had the littlest bit of water on it due to snow melting. Not even any flakes in the camera. Amazing tech. This thing is strong as anything

You might want to try clearing the cache in your Chrome browser, then use this link. Seems to work fine now using Chrome on Win10pro PC.

Thanks, but I’m using an iPad Pro. It seems that I can create missions in the Litchi app, but I don’t haves access to the routes I created before.

Reactions: Pete43
You might want to try clearing the cache in your Chrome browser, then use this link. Seems to work fine now using Chrome on Win10pro PC.

Hey John. Now a graphic pops up on the Hub that states it’s designed for desktop PC/Mac use only. Use the Litchi app to plan missions on a mobile device. So, there’s my problem. Thanks for everyone’s help!

I’m kinda ticked off. I paid for the Litchi app a few weeks ago, started playing around with it to learn the app. The weather was not cooperating. The night I saw good weather and opportunity to fly the next day, I started seeing, “Don’t use Litchi!”
Now, it has been weeks, like I said, and I am very hesitant to try it. What a waste! Might as well throw the money out the window.
Question I imagine we have all asked ourselves:
What benefits were they trying to give us anyway, that are worth all this? Can’t they just revert to the old, at least until they can make a better try at the new. Maybe they don’t understand their own programming?
Like @BigAl07 says, you're jumping to conclusions out of frustration. Litchie worth every penny, it's a good program. I think it's more stable than Go4 sometimes, but you shouldn't doubt it's value. Litchie offers superior pre-programming for waypoint missions using the Mission Hub, which is now working OK. It had some issues for about a week, but now it's working great. Go4 doesn't allow pre-planning a mission from your bedroom. Litchie mission hub also let you determine MSL elevations from anywhere in the country, one of it's best features IMO, and it provides the elevation differences between waypoints, another convenient feature. You can name and save your missions easily so when you get in the field you can select what you want to execute. It's very important to realize the elevations you program with Litchie are relevant to the launch point you start at. So when you launch at different locations you may not get the same results, height-wise.

Last edited:
Dave,
it all seems fine now (the mission hub) and the actual app on my Android devices has been 100% for me. I bought Litchi ages ago for the Pano feature but just seems to be less 'flaky' than the OEM app (in my experience).

The waypoint feature is very cool but is also a good way to fly your drone into the ground, or a tree. I always export the flight and view in google earth (there are tutorials around for this), but also if I'm fine tuning a WP flight I start with some clearance altitude and review the flight footage, etc before lowering it.

Also, make sure the action for mission end is set the way you want it and I always make sure the last mission waypoint is very nearby.

Thanks for the encouragement and info. As far as flying into a tree, that used to be my common landing area until I bought the Phantom, lol. I named one drone “Tree Hugger” because it had multiple landings in various trees.
I live in N FL where the land is flat, and for a first mission, I plan to fly at around 200’. There aren’t any trees in this area above 120’, so I think I’ll be safe, but your advice about learning Google Earth is something I plan to do.
Blue skies and calm winds!

With all due respect if you haven't used it yet then you're barking a bit too early. You're kind of "Ticked Off" prematurely IMHO.

I agree that I haven’t really used it, but what ticked me off was spending the cash, and then reading here on PhantomPilots from many users how Litchi was no longer working.
I opened my app to look at my saved missions, which I haven’t flown yet, and they are all gone. It doesn’t exactly inspire confidence in their product.
I apologize to you, as I seem to have made a personal attack on you. That was unintentional.
What I really needed was a little encouragement. I had not read about it being fixed, except in posts where the “fix” was refuted by another user.

Like @BigAl07 says, you're jumping to conclusions out of frustration. Litchie worth every penny, it's a good program. I think it's more stable than Go4 sometimes, but you shouldn't doubt it's value. Litchie offers superior pre-programming for waypoint missions using the Mission Hub, which is now working OK. It had some issues for about a week, but not it's working great. Go4 doesn't allow pre-planning a mission from your bedroom. Litchie mission hub also let you determine MSL elevations from anywhere in the country, one of it's best features IMO, and it provides the elevation differences between waypoints, another convenient feature. You can name and save your missions easily so when you get in the field you can select what you want to execute. It's very important to realize the elevations you program with Litchie are relevant to the launch point you start at. So when you launch at different locations you may not get the same results, height-wise.

Thanks for the encouragement. I’ll give it another GO.

Ok, I apologize to all whose feelings I hurt, trashing Litchi. I just looked, and found that my saved missions are back!
I will start using the app as soon as the weather cooperates. Thanks all, for the encouraging words.

I found that the more I use litchi the more I find reasons to use LITCHI more. It's helped me on some of my larger projects over the last couple of years and it's just a lot of fun to "tinker" with it.

Reactions: VegasFlyer
Dave,
it all seems fine now (the mission hub) and the actual app on my Android devices has been 100% for me. I bought Litchi ages ago for the Pano feature but just seems to be less 'flaky' than the OEM app (in my experience).

The waypoint feature is very cool but is also a good way to fly your drone into the ground, or a tree. I always export the flight and view in google earth (there are tutorials around for this), but also if I'm fine tuning a WP flight I start with some clearance altitude and review the flight footage, etc before lowering it.

Also, make sure the action for mission end is set the way you want it and I always make sure the last mission waypoint is very nearby.

I have to disagree with the waypoint feature being a good way fly into a tree or into the ground. I’ve never had either happen to me. IMHO, it’s better to plan missions in Google Earth first then export them and bring them into Litchi. I don’t trust starting with Litchi first.

My last mission was to fly into a tight canyon that I’d only seen in Google Earth. Needless to say, I lost connection as soon as I entered but I knew that would happen. The highest peak was about 760’ and my max altitude coming out was 942 feet. It took me over 3 hours to plan it and it worked flawlessly capturing some great video. My AGL was set at 180 feet. I’ll upload it as soon as I fix my PC.

As stated elsewhere, you cannot count on the satellites to give you an exact measurement over uneven ground. You really to pad the numbers to ensure a safe flight especially flying over wooded areas.

Reactions: Neon Euc
I agree that I haven’t really used it, but what ticked me off was spending the cash, and then reading here on PhantomPilots from many users how Litchi was no longer working.
I opened my app to look at my saved missions, which I haven’t flown yet, and they are all gone. It doesn’t exactly inspire confidence in their product.
I apologize to you, as I seem to have made a personal attack on you. That was unintentional.
What I really needed was a little encouragement. I had not read about it being fixed, except in posts where the “fix” was refuted by another user.

Are you sure you were logged in to the Litchi app first? If not, you won’t see your list of missions.

I guess my thinking is that a waypoint mission has the potential to deliberately fly into or through stuff if you don't think it through, or plan ahead. I always export/check in Google Earth before flying a mission, so I think we're on the same page - just going about it in different ways.

Litchi app has been 100% for me, no errors or 'weirdness' - my only negative experience has been dropped photos on pano mode but this has disappeared since using fast microSD cards.

I have to disagree with the waypoint feature being a good way fly into a tree or into the ground. I’ve never had either happen to me. IMHO, it’s better to plan missions in Google Earth first then export them and bring them into Litchi. I don’t trust starting with Litchi first.

I guess my thinking is that a waypoint mission has the potential to deliberately fly into or through stuff if you don't think it through, or plan ahead. I always export/check in Google Earth before flying a mission, so I think we're on the same page - just going about it in different ways.

Litchi app has been 100% for me, no errors or 'weirdness' - my only negative experience has been dropped photos on pano mode but this has disappeared since using fast microSD cards.

Yes, we're on the same page. :) There's a new link on Litchi that also recommends using Google Earth first. (I do things just a tad differently though) The primary reason why I use it first, and Litchi alludes to this, is that you can plan in 3D. I would never have planned that canyon mission in 2D. There are boulders in there the size of a house that I would not have spotted. Once I bring it into Litchi, I do things like adjusting altitude,curves, and POIs. Let me make it clear: it's your choice. Below is the link that shows exactly what I do. Give it a shot one time with something easy!:)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT