Litchi Mision Hub Auto(TNW) to Custom (WD) question

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Just a newbie here but looking forward to being involved in this great forum. I've been using the Litchi App and VLM for a few months now and have reviewed the help files extensively. One thing I can't seem to figure out is how to change the heading from Auto(TNW) to Custom (WD) for certain waypoints.
Here's the sequence of events for an example:

Go into Mission Settings and set Heading Mode to Auto(TNW)
Place approximately 30 waypoints (headings point to next waypoint..great)
I want to change two waypoints to Custom(WD) however Heading is grayed out.
Go into Mission Settings and set Heading Mode to Custom(WD)
I can now change the heading mode for those two waypoints to whatever I want, however all the other waypoints have changed headings to 0... not what I was expecting!
I could manually rotate all headings for the remaining 28 waypoints but it would be nice if when changing from Auto(TNW) to Custom(WD in mission settings that the waypoints maintain their previous heading.
Hope that's clear as mud..

Does anyone have a workaround for this?

Thanks

Reaction score
Hey I have a p2v+ I see u use litchi. I trying to use it to but I can get it to connect to the qaudcopter. I have a iPhone will it still work?

Reaction score
Hey I have a p2v+ I see u use litchi. I trying to use it to but I can get it to connect to the qaudcopter. I have a iPhone will it still work?

For drones with a Wi-Fi connection (Phantom 3 Standard/4K, Spark), follow these steps:
  1. Make sure no DJI-based apps (including DJI Go, Litchi and other third party DJI drone/osmo apps) are running in the background. If there are any, force kill them
  2. Force close all DJI-based apps (including DJI Go and other third party DJI drone/osmo apps). Please note step 1 is not enough. To force close an app, go to your mobile device Settings - Apps - DJI Go (or other app name) - Force close
  3. Start your aircraft and remote controller if you are using one, and let them initialize for a few seconds
  4. Connect to the Wi-Fi network of the aircraft
  5. Start Litchi

iOS

1. Make sure no DJI-based apps (including DJI Go, Litchi and other third party DJI drone/osmo apps) are running in the background. If there are any, force kill them
  2. Start your aircraft and remote controller if you are using one, and let them initialize for a few seconds
  3. If you have a Wi-Fi based drone (Phantom 3 Standard/4K or Spark): connect to the Wi-Fi network of the aircraft, if you have a USB-based remote controller, plug the remote controller into the mobile device
  4. Start Litchi

Reaction score
Hi ... I have been a 3-4 year Litchi user and I don't think that what you are proposing is possible. Those are Mission specific settings and I don't think you can change them in the middle of a mission. That parameter will be saved with a hub miss, can be changed for a new mission, but not blended into a single mission. I could be wrong but ...

Stay safe and stay home.

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Just a newbie here but looking forward to being involved in this great forum. I've been using the Litchi App and VLM for a few months now and have reviewed the help files extensively. One thing I can't seem to figure out is how to change the heading from Auto(TNW) to Custom (WD) for certain waypoints.
Here's the sequence of events for an example:

Go into Mission Settings and set Heading Mode to Auto(TNW)
Place approximately 30 waypoints (headings point to next waypoint..great)
I want to change two waypoints to Custom(WD) however Heading is grayed out.
Go into Mission Settings and set Heading Mode to Custom(WD)
I can now change the heading mode for those two waypoints to whatever I want, however all the other waypoints have changed headings to 0... not what I was expecting!
I could manually rotate all headings for the remaining 28 waypoints but it would be nice if when changing from Auto(TNW) to Custom(WD in mission settings that the waypoints maintain their previous heading.
Hope that's clear as mud..

Does anyone have a workaround for this?

Thanks
Solved:
1. Go into Mission Settings from Mission Hub (NOT VLM) and set Heading Mode to Auto(TNW)
2. Place your waypoints (headings will automatically be pointed towards next waypoint)
3. MISSIONS->Export as CSV
4. CLEAR all Waypoints
5. SETTINGS->HEADING MODE->CUSTOM(WD)
6. MISSIONS->Import-Select the file you created in step 3

All Headings should be pointed towards next waypoint, however you can rotate individual waypoints.

Reaction score
It’s really a choice of one or the other. Personally I always use custom and manually set the headings. Depending on what you’re trying to shoot you can crab through segments of your flights and get great views that you’ll miss if you’re always looking direction of travel. Well worth the extra time to setup, and use the mission hub for setting your courses, it’s so much easier than the touchscreen device

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rural Rider