Reaction score
Hi all,
you may be aware that I had a battery failure (cut out when I flicked return-to-home). Of course I believe that the repair should be free. However if I am blamed for some peculiar reason, I have the option for repair but I also HAVE to pay for the diagnostics cost on top of postage. I'm not too worried about postage, I have a vague idea how much that could cost; but if (I pray not) I am charged for diagnostics of a smashed up phantom 2, how much do you think it would cost?
Thanks!
Baldrick.

better off just buying a new p3s

Reactions: Phantomix
better off just buying a new p3s
Least helpful reply ever! :D The answer is no, as my P2 is better for what I want to achieve. It is an aerial platform for GoPros, not an all-in-one. If I were to upgrade it would be an Inspire 1. Anyway, this is irrelevant. I do not have the money for a new drone right now, so please could someone give an approximation of the diagnostics cost?

Least helpful reply ever! :D The answer is no, as my P2 is better for what I want to achieve. It is an aerial platform for GoPros, not an all-in-one. If I were to upgrade it would be an Inspire 1. Anyway, this is irrelevant. I do not have the money for a new drone right now, so please could someone give an approximation of the diagnostics cost?

Why not take a video of the damage inside and out. Also one of what happens when you power it up. Replacement parts for the P2 are rather inexpensive in today's market so maybe repairing it yourself will cost less.

Why not take a video of the damage inside and out. Also one of what happens when you power it up. Replacement parts for the P2 are rather inexpensive in today's market so maybe repairing it yourself will cost less.
Hmmm. I will certainly search for the parts and see how much it would all cost. However, I truly believe DJI to be at fault, so if the penalty for me being wrong is a lot of money, I may not take the risk. However, if they say I AM wrong, and charge me very little for diagnostics, then give me a quote for the cost of repair, I would review the situation. Basically, it all depends on how much cash I risk in an attempt to get a free repair (cash that I may or may not have to spend).

Hmmm. I will certainly search for the parts and see how much it would all cost. However, I truly believe DJI to be at fault, so if the penalty for me being wrong is a lot of money, I may not take the risk. However, if they say I AM wrong, and charge me very little for diagnostics, then give me a quote for the cost of repair, I would review the situation. Basically, it all depends on how much cash I risk in an attempt to get a free repair (cash that I may or may not have to spend).

What's it going to cost you by taking videos as I suggested.and posting the youtubes here. Nothing at all.

What's it going to cost you by taking videos as I suggested.and posting the youtubes here. Nothing at all.
Good point. I have photos ready though, so here they are:
IMG_0947.JPG IMG_0943.JPG IMG_0949.JPG IMG_0941.jpg IMG_0948.jpg IMG_0950.JPG IMG_0951.JPG

This may be way off, but i THINK that it is $69
i just think i remember hearing that somewhere, but it is probably wrong

Right now you need new shell, 6 pin cable and gimbal repair. So now open the shell an put a fresh battery reconnect the GPS cable and lets spin up the motors (this can be done with the props on as long as the P2 is weighted down) want to see if there is damage to the ESC modules.. Video tape this and post it on youtube make the footage at least a minute long.

Right now you need new shell, 6 pin cable and gimbal repair. So now open the shell an put a fresh battery reconnect the GPS cable and lets spin up the motors (this can be done with the props on as long as the P2 is weighted down) want to see if there is damage to the ESC modules.. Video tape this and post it on youtube make the footage at least a minute long.
So... basically start up the drone and 'fly it' without props..? And with the shell top off but with GPS attached?

So... basically start up the drone and 'fly it' without props..? And with the shell top off but with GPS attached?

I said you can run the motors with the props on as long as the P2 as long as the landing gear is weighted down so it cannot take. What you would be doing in testing this way is to see if there was any damage to the ESC modules which would be much easier to see with the props on.

Do you have a full FPV system on your craft ?? Have you also preformed the last test to see if all the motors are OK??

All but my transmitter. The antenna welding broke, not too fatal, but i have removed it. Could I power up without transmitter but with everything else?

Take a photo of the antenna connector from both side of the transmitter to see if it can be replaced or repaired. You do not need the TX nor gimbal powered up to check the motors and ESC boards.

You also haven't answer my question regrading the FPV system.

Take a photo of the antenna connector from both side of the transmitter to see if it can be replaced or repaired. You do not need the TX nor gimbal powered up to check the motors and ESC boards.

Away from home until tomorrow so can't test motors yet. Yes I do have the full FPV system, except the antenna which broke. I will take photos. Does not look too serious, just welding...

If you have a good case that it was a manufacturing defect and it's 6 years the sale of goods act in the uk should cover you if you bought it in the eu, especially in the uk. I'd take what ever proof you have back to the retailer and make your case, if your sure it a manufacturing defect and you don't get a good response from the retailer you can make a small courts claim which is easy and cheap. I had a crash, my own fault, looked a lot worse than yours especially the gimbal. Every repair shop i contacted said it was write off, I bought a new shell and sent my gimbal from Ireland to to this guy...USDRONEREPAIR. The gimbal had lots wrong, it cost about 60-70$ for repair plus shipping. He worked wonders on the gimbal...check out his Facebook page and good luck.

If you have a good case that it was a manufacturing defect and it's 6 years the sale of goods act in the uk should cover you if you bought it in the eu, especially in the uk. I'd take what ever proof you have back to the retailer and make your case, if your sure it a manufacturing defect and you don't get a good response from the retailer you can make a small courts claim which is easy and cheap. I had a crash, my own fault, looked a lot worse than yours especially the gimbal. Every repair shop i contacted said it was write off, I bought a new shell and sent my gimbal from Ireland to to this guy...USDRONEREPAIR. The gimbal had lots wrong, it cost about 60-70$ for repair plus shipping. He worked wonders on the gimbal...check out his Facebook page and good luck.
Thanks a lot for the info! It seems that everyone seems pretty sure this is very much repairable by myself. Definitely new shell and gimbal repair... Is the USDRONEREPAIR fast? Because if I'm honest it may not take too long to put this thing back together. Jason, I am going to do your tests soon. And I will upload photos of my transmitter ASAP also. Why do we think it downed in the first place? I know that when I flicked the 'return to home switch' it instantly failed. Here is the video for you. I will get everything else done as soon as I can. Thanks so much for all of your help so far, please keep giving me ideas :D
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

US drone repair was fast with mine, on his Facebook page he used to show that he would turn around repairs in x number of days, check with him. I can't say enough how courteous and what a super repair he did to bring my gimbal back from the dead.

US drone repair was fast with mine, on his Facebook page he used to show that he would turn around repairs in x number of days, check with him. I can't say enough how courteous and what a super repair he did to bring my gimbal back from the dead.
I will contact him tomorrow once we see the damage internally :D Thanks so much.

Reactions: datincan

I tried to start up motors, but lights just flash red 5 times each combo I try?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic