Reaction score
Hi, after some days of trying to fix the issue by myself I now want to try it here:) I am thankful for every helping hand!

Equipment:
- Phantom 3 Advanced V1.11
- GL300C Remote (should be V1.9.3 but current Version is unknown)
- Huawei P20 Pro - Android 10 / IPhone 7
- DJI Go 3.1.72

Problem:
No communication between Smartphone and Remote when connecting.
Smartphone gets voltage from Remote, but DJI Go App wont open after connecting Smartphone via USB. By opening DJI Go manually there is no Controller detected ("How to connect).
Drone still can be controlled by the Remote.
The error came originally by reconnecting the ribbon cable from the CON and MAIN Board.

My thoughts were that there is a problem with the USB Downlink Board, so I ordered a new USB Circuit Board. After swapping I have still the same issue.

What did I do before swapping?
1. Originally updated the Remote via DJI Go (because of update message)
2. Update was faulty, so the controller didnt come back in functionally Mode. Mobile device connection still worked, but drone was detected as Inspire 1. Downgrade/Update always result in an error. Tried it via emergeny Mode (C1+Shutter).
3. Did a Hardware reset by unplugging battery connection
4. Did a downgrade/Upgrade via DJI Go (down to 1.4.3, up to 1.9.3)
5. After that everything worked fine! All functions came back, Drone was detected as P3A and Transmission was there. Did a Update again and everything worked as designed.
6. The case wasn't screwed well, so I screwed it again and pulled the ribbon cable off in the process, as well from the CON Board, as from the Main Board
7. After screwing together again, the communication between Smartphone and Remote did not work anymore, but the mobile device still gets charged.
8. Reconnected everything again, reinstalled App, Softresetted Controller several times, tried different USB Cables
9. Tried to update (V.1.8.80) Controller again via USB Stick and Card Reader unsuccessfully (as far as I know only possible with DJI GO on the GL300C above V4.3)
11. Tried with and without USB debugging mode (Media) on Android
10. Bought a new USB Circuit Board and swapped it with the old one

That's the current status.
I'm really interested in fixing the error, but for the GL300C there is not much Information with this Problem.

Also I bought a TFID Board for reflashing the USB Circuit Board but now I know that the GL300C has it's Video Downlink function in the DaVinci Chip on the Main Board. So reflashing the USB Board wont be the solution I think?!

Any ideas or instructions to get my Controller back to function?

Last edited:
Reactions: Maxi Drones
Are you using your Android phone for DJI Go? If so, if your phone recently upgraded to Android 12 that may be the problem.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately the same failure occurs with an iPhone 7. Currently I'm using Android 10.

If all else fails, do a repair order with DJI cust service and they will swap out the remote with like new for about $100 incl shipping both ways, fast turnaround. Good luck

Before upgrading I had the exact same issue - these drones and controllers are getting "old" now.

I eventually sent my kit off to DRONE OPTIX who replaced the remote as there was this issue between the USB interface and the main PCB which I just couldn't resolve. They. are one of the few repair shops still offering Phantom repairs so get in touch!

That's a good hint! I didnt find any for the GL300C in the Web. Do you think this one will fit?

Ribbon cable ebay
That is the one.
Mine cracked after being removed about 10 times while I was working on the not charging issue.
You can get generic ribbon cable for far less, you will need to carefully trim the width to match the original cable.
150 mm length is plenty long, example.

Thanks Bpace, It would be absolutely great if this fixes the error:)

It's a bit confusing, because the Ribbon Cable in your link has two equal ends, but the ribbon cable of the RC has one short and one longer end (like in my link below).

Therefore I rather should buy this one?

Thanks Bpace, It would be absolutely great if this fixes the error:)

It's a bit confusing, because the Ribbon Cable in your link has two equal ends, but the ribbon cable of the RC has one short and one longer end (like in my link below).

Therefore I rather should buy this one?

Are you sure the ends are different sizes? Cant get to mine right now.

Sorry, I was wrong. The sizes are the same.
I will order the one from your link.

Thank you so far!
Make sure it is 40 pin Type A, you will have to cut the width down to 32 pins wide.
I'm just figuring this out too....
Like:

Reactions: Phantomics
Make sure it is 40 pin Type A, you will have to cut the width down to 32 pins wide.
I'm just figuring this out too....
Like:
I just ordered a Type A 40 PIN and will try this out tomorrow!

How du you cut the cable?
Just count to 32 pins wide and use a Box cutter or a scissor and get rid of the rest of the 8 Pins?

I used the old cable as a guide and an xacto style hobby knife.
You can cut the entire strip or just 8mm off each end so it can fit into the connector.
Install the cable with the exposed traces facing up.

I 3D printed a jig to help cut them to the correct width.
If you have a 3D printer I can send you the stl file.

I 3D printed a jig to help cut them to the correct width.
If you have a 3D printer I can send you the stl file.
I managed it to cut it correcty by using the old ribbon cable as a template.

Unfortunately it didn't solve my issue.
The connected smartphone gets charged, but the Controller gets not detected by my device.

Thanks for your help tho!

I am having similar issues but hopefully not as bad any one else having similar issues of transmitter not communicating With drone please direct me where to look not trying to mess up this thread just trying to reach while I can
thanks in advance Jim

Last edited:
You're not messing the thread up Jim. Have you read right through the thread? It's a very common problem now with these older drones. Not knowing exactly what your symptoms are, or what you've tried to fix it, it's hard to suggest anything other than to contact DRONR OPTIX for help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers