Walkera gimbal Up-Dwn level holding problem - PLEASE HELP!

Reaction score
Hello guys! I am newbie to Dji phantom drones.. I bought P2 vision with modified gimbal and camera ..original was removed , Walkera 2D gimbal and for xiaomi and gopro was installed... Gimbal by itself works perfectly fine, all axis are stable and camera stays still... but when I connect the pitch connector of gimbal to phantom, the gimbal starts to work incorrectly ... I can tilt the camera up and down on my RC controller with no problem., BUT, ..when I tilt the drone forward , the camera starts to point up... if I tilt it more, the camera tilt up all the way.......the same thing in opposite situation ...when I tilt the drone back, the camera starts to point down... depends on how much I tilt the drone, the tilt of camera changes...generaly, it doesn't keep it's horizontal point......the "side to side" tilting works nicely and camera stays still but forward-back is not correct.. here is the video of that >
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

..I don't know how to fix it in assistant..it seems like some kind of phantom setting, because, as I said, the gimbal works nice , when I disconnect pitch control cable from the phantom......but I WANT to control the tilt of camera during the flight , so I am not satisfied with solution like keeping it disconnected . .. what are the possibilities? any experiences anyone? .solutions? .......firmware is updated to last version.. thanx for any help

Maybe you should watch this video.

Maybe you should watch this video.

thank you for your answer, unfortunatelly, It didn't solve that problem.. I think it's more like the setting of phantom, than it is in the gimbal itself .. the communication between those two is messy ..I only want to tilt the camera when I pull the lever on my remote...but it tilts even when the back/forth tilt of the drone changes .... as soon as I disconnect the pitch link from the phantom, the gimbal works perfectly fine....but I have no option to move the camera while taking shots in the air...:(

Last edited:
What settings have you put into the assistant? Is the controller type set to upgraded version, have you calibrated the lever in the RC asst software and calibrated the TX in both the rc software and in the phantom assistant, i don't know how these connect up so I'm just throwing advice out, is it connected to the bottom pin on the F2 socket on the
Naza unit, is that wire connected to the correct plug on the gimbal ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

thank you for your answer, unfortunatelly, It doesn't solved that problem.. I think it's more and ike the setting of phantom, than it is in the gimbal itself .. the communication between those two is messy ..Connected to tilt the camera when I pull the lever on my remote...but it tilts even when the back/forth tilt of the drone changes .... as soon as I disconnect the pitch link from the phantom, the gimbal works perfectly fine....but I have no option to move the camera while taking shots in the air...:(
Just curious. Why do you need to tilt the camera? Can you see what the camera sees like FPV? I have 3 Phantom 1s and 2 Walkera gimbals. A 2D and 3D. I have never connected the pitch control on either. I have read where many have problems with that. When just connected to power, they seem to work fine. I figure if I cant see what the camera sees, what is the point.

Just curious. Why do you need to tilt the camera? Can you see what the camera sees like FPV? I have 3 Phantom 1s and 2 Walkera gimbals. A 2D and 3D. I have never connected the pitch control on either. I have read where many have problems with that. When just connected to power, they seem to work fine. I figure if I cant see what the camera sees, what is the point.

I have FPV kit so I can see what the drone sees...despite that, I will not use FPV always, and I can vizualize, what the camera sees (I know and use it quite a lot) ..aand...it's the point of filming.. when you fly over some object and you want to keep the center of the frame at that particular subject or object, it makes a huge difference in the movie dynamics and feelings from it...for example, you're flying over the lonely tree and you want to keep it in the center of the image frame while passing over it ....or another example, when you're not satisfied with the position of camera / of the horizon on the screen and you want to correct it immediately, in the air.........I am quite pedant when it comes to capturing images and videos:) ..that's the main reason I bought phantom - for good aerial filming ...not just for fun :) ..so I believe you understand :) ...but yes, I will do it as you said ... I'm gonna keep only the power plug of the gmbal connected...hopefully, I will figure out some proper solution soon

What settings have you put into the assistant? Is the controller type set to upgraded version, have you calibrated the lever in the RC asst software and calibrated the TX in both the rc software and in the phantom assistant, i don't know how these connect up so I'm just throwing advice out, is it connected to the bottom pin on the F2 socket on the
Naza unit, is that wire connected to the correct plug on the gimbal ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I came through almomst every possible calibration I could make.. :D ..the gimbal settings in assistant seem to be not usefull...whatever the value I set, the movements and reactions of gimbal stay unaffected - maybe it's because it's not original gimbal installed on it ....I can move with setting bars ...and numbers are changing..but the numbers are grey ... not black.so it loox like "not active"....the box "Fpv mode" is also not changing the behavior of the gimbal... every other parts of settings are taking the place..but gimbal settings are unavailable ...... I tried to calibrate the gimbal itself using it's own calibration button and trimmers ..but it didn't make a change... regarding the cables, I am not sure where it goes..I got the phantom with the cables already installed (from the guy who used it before me) ..but I think he had no issues with gimbal, or he didn't notice that behavior ....the firmwares are up to date in both phantom and the remote ...thanx for the tips anyway! .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31