phantom 3 pro open heart--- gimbal flashing , fw 1.11.20, esc status error

into a new open heart , today i bought a broken p3p, it has lost connection to controller and ofdm only blinking red, tried binding it to multiple transmitters ,but it only blinks red and nor the transmitter identify the quad, it has one of the antennas ripped off, and the gimbal dancing, the gimbal flat have some scratches on i dont know yet how much it is usable!! now the first question on phantom 3 pro are there several types of flat cables for the gimbal, for example i have one wih P01107.09 KW1708 , and another one marked P01107.08 KW1542 and a third marked P01107.86CF KW1924, are they the same or inter changable????

hers a pic of scratch! its a rip of layer ... name it what you like how series is it??!!

Attachments

• flat8.jpg
    flat8.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 121
into a new open heart , today i bought a broken p3p, it has lost connection to controller and ofdm only blinking red, tried binding it to multiple transmitters ,but it only blinks red and nor the transmitter identify the quad, it has one of the antennas ripped off, and the gimbal dancing, the gimbal flat have some scratches on i dont know yet how much it is usable!! now the first question on phantom 3 pro are there several types of flat cables for the gimbal, for example i have one wih P01107.09 KW1708 , and another one marked P01107.08 KW1542 and a third marked P01107.86CF KW1924, are they the same or inter changable????
I’ve never had any problems with the numbers on the cables, as long as they are OEM 2 layer. I’ve used some aftermarket cables that are 2 and 3 layers, and they work, they just aren’t as thick.
From the looks of the picture I would change it out. As far as the crazy dance goes, take the roll motor cover plate off and see if the flat side of the roll motor shaft is in its proper position.

i need to start at the gimbal then i can see the hidden result file to check the modules, the dance of gimbal is over i did lower its position on its yaw axe but it is not arming properly it turns to an angle and stays tilted a bit up and pointing right

well i did a first step that verified some thing , i placed the gimbal of broken p3p am attempting to get back to life (from now on i will call it sick p3p) on a healthy p3p, the good news the gimbal is sending video to app, the bad news the gimbal is still out of balance tilted up to the left and stuck there, now on this gimbal the flat is suspect since its physically not looking so well!! i ordered two flats but in the meanwhile,, i wonder if there is a way to check if the flat is responsible or some thing else on gimbal for this bad behavior

well i did a first step that verified some thing , i placed the gimbal of broken p3p am attempting to get back to life (from now on i will call it sick p3p) on a healthy p3p, the good news the gimbal is sending video to app, the bad news the gimbal is still out of balance tilted up to the left and stuck there, now on this gimbal the flat is suspect since its physically not looking so well!! i ordered two flats but in the meanwhile,, i wonder if there is a way to check if the flat is responsible or some thing else on gimbal for this bad behavior
I would suspect that the black flat cable and the roll motor is the cause of the problems.

• Love
Reactions: mj2019
in the mean while i will proceed to solve the ofdm issue not binding , i wonder if there is a way around a ripped off ofdm module connector cable ports that connect it to the gimbal?? i have a working ofdm ripped off connector , those 6 wires may be soldered each to a certain pin on the board, if there is a link or thread to this fix , i need it please

well a question has just arised i was messing with an esc on a small quad and all of sudden an idea whispered!! ,the first faulty phantom3 pro i started this thread for its fix that has esc error and will arm or not but fly a minute then fall! i replaced the board ,but i still have the faulty board and its motors, now the beep beep continuous sound it makes is just like when you turn on an esc mounted on motor that is not connected to any rx signal , does that mean that on that board the communication to esc motor is not there.. so theoretically the ic that orders a certain (esc + motor)is the fault,,, if am correct how to check that by a multi meter??

hello guys i have a question ive started fixing a p3p it had a non working gimbal i swaped it with another gimbal that i have flashed and is working i verified it on a working p3, now the other pronlem is the ofdm module it is not red or green as usual it is blinking a red color every sec( not a fast blink), and it is not responding to pressing the link button next to ofdm led status , now i noticed that one antenna on one leg is torn could that be the reason ???

Not hard to figure out with multimeter where you need to solder.

For hints, match this:
Ribbon cable connector to ofdm module
With this:
OFDM Receiver board service interfaces familiar to the

Not hard to figure out with multimeter where you need to solder.

For hints, match this:
Ribbon cable connector to ofdm module`
With this:
OFDM Receiver board service interfaces
i just started trying to fix the reserve ofdm module with ripped off to gimbal ribbon to replace another faulty ofdm (the faulty only blink red with near yellow color and is not binding) ; so now we have 6 pins after checking the links you provided on github, i identified 5 pins but still not able to identify usb select pin??
i know i can solder to resistors next to the ribbon port location but that will be too weak so i found the service ports pads may give stronger connections, in the figure below are the ports i intend to use , if any one has suggestions or prefer other locations from their experience please check the figure and correct me. this may help a lot of users of p3 i didnt find it any place though this ribbon ripoff is common

Attachments

• 6pinribbon.jpg
    6pinribbon.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 124
some one sent me this link DJI Phantom 3 advanced crash - compass error - YouTube . i watched it and read the comments, the guy pretends that dji told him that this is a compass error, all what i know is a compass error may cause a fly away especially during an rth or purely controlled gps ?????!!! a quad relays on gyros to stabilize how will a compass error make it roll??? it may lose heading to my knowledge, by the way after opening the vid i saw many vid on you tube state the same thing!!?? that compass error leads to uncontrolledly flight and to crash in few seconds

by the way the compass has nothing to do with firmware update right??? i mean you can exchange any two compass units between any two p3 regardless of fw on quads being different ???
is hot glue good to be used to fix compass in its place?

by the way the compass has nothing to do with firmware update right??? i mean you can exchange any two compass units between any two p3 regardless of fw on quads being different ???
is hot glue good to be used to fix compass in its place?
Correct, compass can be installed on any P3P’s or Advanced. I use liquid tape to secure the compass board in place.

i just started trying to fix the reserve ofdm module with ripped off to gimbal ribbon to replace another faulty ofdm (the faulty only blink red with near yellow color and is not binding) ; so now we have 6 pins after checking the links you provided on github, i identified 5 pins but still not able to identify usb select pin??
i know i can solder to resistors next to the ribbon port location but that will be too weak so i found the service ports pads may give stronger connections, in the figure below are the ports i intend to use , if any one has suggestions or prefer other locations from their experience please check the figure and correct me. this may help a lot of users of p3 i didnt find it any place though this ribbon ripoff is common

Yeah , I suggest you to buy another ofdm transceiver from eBay, it is very cheap, you can find 30 usd only.

Reactions: KachemakDiver
Yeah , I suggest you to buy another ofdm transceiver from eBay, it is very cheap, you can find 30 usd only.
it is working before i took it off the p3 it was on it armed and i flew the quad, though without a gimbal , but really the telemetry data in app are very handy you are not totally blind, its like you are half blind , at least you can determine your battery and heading from app, i insist to fix it though i will buy a replacement but i cannt throw any working thing away!!

i will be always thankful for a help to find the usb select pin!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31