phantom 3 pro open heart--- gimbal flashing , fw 1.11.20, esc status error

note: (this following p3p i attempt to fix has its pads of camera port in ofdm module ripped totally off , its gimbal flat cable is cut, i dont knowon which fw it is)
open heart two has started by plastic surgery?, i did some reinforcement for the p3p shell as it has takena strong crash with previous owner, i replaced the ofdm with one i own now i have absolutely no idea what firmware it is on!! , now i will try to find a flat cable for the gimbal, but how to match firmware of ofdm module to that of air craft,??? shall i update this p3p to latest 1.11.20 then roll back to a version i prefer.
in post #48 on this thread is a pic of ofdm module i used to replace the ripped camera port one with

Last edited:
well my first p3p i fixed seem to have an issue during my first indoor test flight with tons of sofa and blankets filling the room (in case any thing goes wrong , i took off and hovered after half aminute or so the aircraft started an imbalanced flight going down to the left, i hit a pillow and i shut down the motors, in the second test it repeated exactly same behavior, in the third and fourth test i held it in my hand from bottom , i kept props on and i armed it and started giving throttle after a minute it started falling to front and left , it seems some thing in front left arm is going wrong, what do you say???it feels like when a bad esc fails after some load??

Last edited:
i couldn't make data logging program work , am getting mad of the java it is not starting the datcon so iam going no where with the first phantom3 board, until then i will go back to the choice of placing the gimbal of this aircraft on the working aircraft i replaced the ofdm on.

it bseems a lot of crashes may cause that capacitor to rip off .
It's sad and a bit worrisome how often we've seen reported that components, buttons, plugs, etc fall off of the PCBs of these Phantoms.
Glad you were able to replace yours. I'm impressed with your diligence and commitment. Cheers! :)

i feel pain for a lovely thing like a p3 to be thrown away, it really deserves sky.. so am typing this and in my brain background this will help others, just like others helped me, really those who spent effort allowing us to eneter the secret city of dji where p3 is a building or maybe a neighborhood among it (i mean mainly those who decrypted , made mods, flashing of components possible....), am just trying to do like them at my scale of knowlege...

now again a new suspected possible reason arised to my brain, this behavior is just like when a capacitor rips off an esc in my fpv quads ... i suspect the capacitor that is on the front end or its soldering since there is that resin that covers the board i didnt feelthe solder was clean, i was on a hurry, ill give it one more try before dismantling the esc main board of p3p that falls to left.

finally, i swaped the main board between the phantom with destroyed gimbal and the one with esc error , i will call this the fixed phantom the bird flew well indoor, good news, but on the other hand i feel i understand nothing about phantom3 firmware other than they are numbers??!! am sure the phantom3pro with destroyed gimbal was on a firmware other than the 1.10.90 all other parts including gimbal were on.!! now i put in an old battery from a p3p on firmware 1.8 in the fixed p3p i go to check firmware version it shows fw 1.8.80+ i plug a battery i previously used on the p3p with esc error to downgrade to fw 1.10.90 the firmware on the fixed p3p shows 1.10.90+ as if the battery is determining the fw of ac, i know the
+ may come from mixed firmwares on modules but what will that affect any way?? is it safe to fly this aircraft as it is if yes why?? and if no why?? or i am advised to make a downgrade to have all modules on same fw, here other questions arise if the flight controller is on fw 1.11.20 and other modules on 1.10.90 does rolling back to 1.9.9 do a harm we are used to roll back a firmware just prior to current but the flight controller will jump 3 versions this way????or i should go update to 1.11.10 here the modules will jump a step forward and flight controller a step back??????????

an urgent question please if i finished updating a p3 and want to update other batteries, the method is to keep what you got on sd sfter update and plug another battery in for purpose of battery update but what if there was a debug file on sd should i delete it to avoid every thing repeating the update???

I wouldn’t think that it would matter, should still just update the battery. Maybe @Oso or @quaddamage would know more about it.
i tried without the debug, no thing happened i tried with .bin only also nothing happened, so i went to app i saw that all my batteries were on same firmware knowing that one was actually in the p3p so this was already done to same fw, the other i used it to down grade to one just before last down grade but it appeared at same firmware in app (maybe those 2 fw share same battery fw)!! the third showed also same firmware by its own maybe it was used earlier on that fw , i may revisit this latter but am happy with the success , ill spend my effort toward trouble shooting the esc error.

Last edited:
Reactions: KachemakDiver
by the way one thing i forgot to mention though, this working board that am using on the fixed p3p was changed but i notice that the log files show the fw (update, downgrade) activity i did with the other earlier board with esc error though it was no more physically connected this means that the gimbal board has a form of memory??!! that keeps the logs...
very strange!

well i came upon some thing strange i will post hopefully i will get an explanation or solution, i will post it here and in other threads or forums, its some thing ive been having and testing for a couple of days, the fixed is on fw1.8.80 and the rc on gl300A is on 1.8, i did the first test flights indoors and out doors for a short time no more than 3 min, as i felt safe to fly i started my first out door flights i came to a strange trouble , after taking off by some 5 min or less or more the video starts lagging and making interference until it becomes non flyable, i started trouble shooting i swapped the transmitter, to another gl300A i have same problem... i linked the p3p to a gl300B the problem was gone!!! i repeated the test over and over with same results??? could it be a bug on gl300A on 1.8 ??? has any one came across such a trouble?? by the way gl300B is also on fw 1.8.

well i came upon some thing strange i will post hopefully i will get an explanation or solution, i will post it here and in other threads or forums, its some thing ive been having and testing for a couple of days, the fixed is on fw1.8.80 and the rc on gl300A is on 1.8, i did the first test flights indoors and out doors for a short time no more than 3 min, as i felt safe to fly i started my first out door flights i came to a strange trouble , after taking off by some 5 min or less or more the video starts lagging and making interference until it becomes non flyable, i started trouble shooting i swapped the transmitter, to another gl300A i have same problem... i linked the p3p to a gl300B the problem was gone!!! i repeated the test over and over with same results??? could it be a bug on gl300A on 1.8 ??? has any one came across such a trouble?? by the way gl300B is also on fw 1.8.
so far i have flown twenty times with no video issue on gl300b. but on gl300A after 3min or so inflight or onground interference and bad video starts????

Usually pixelation like that with a gl300a is from mismatch firmware on the controller. Or over loaded device, not able to process fast enough. Looks like you ruled that out though.
the same exact thing happened on another gl300A on fw 1.8 so two randomly gl300A are making same exact symptoms they start good then go gradually to a toasted un flyable video so i think its not about over load could it be a bug in fw 1.8 of gl300A i dont know exactly thats why ill go trial and error

Overheating.

If it was FW bug, turning the RC off and on again would restore the video and the cycle would repeat.
good point!! now how to resolve the over heating i mean if a link is available to some possible solutions

Overheating.

If it was FW bug, turning the RC off and on again would restore the video and the cycle would repeat.
by the way i posted a strange thing i felt earlier on another thread on gl300A i will qoute it here too. "well another story today, a friend bought his GL300A to me to help him after turning on by 20 sec it starts beep beep.... tone endlessly, i once saw this on another gl300a but the fix was easy simply the throttle stick should be moved a bit to center and its good to go and stops beep, now in the current gl300A i tried to move all sticks and buttons but with no result, i tried to factory reset i once read it on github to press c1 then c2 then camera option and turn off but it didnot work too, so i started a firmware downgrade, my freind addmited when i told him that i see fw 1.9.2 installed that he saw in app update required and he pressed it... any way i decided to roll back to fw 1.8 the gl300A was on for 7min when i made my desicion but still beep beep.. it took 15min and the upgrade done, no more beep beep , the big story today is not all this but i remember once i pressed the download of firmware a sound like a fan started inside the transmitter!!!o_O i own a gl300b and a gl300A but never heard of a fan inside tranny, i kept listening closely its a fan i even feel some air blowing...once update over every thing started ok but after a min or so the fan starts up, who has some knowledge or info on this???i know gl300A contains vid processor but a fan too?? is it on all gl300A or this is not a gl300A ??" is this related to the overheating possibility??

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic