Reaction score
Ok, so had prop guards on and flying like normal, but then did a firmware update.... silly me to remove all the the props/accessories for the update and use the long guard screws again... Now... I am getting an esc error and all 4 motors are not working.

My question is: Did the guard screws mess up just the motors or also the esc? I would imagine if I replace all 4 motors they will reconnect to the esc and bam! all good!

I haven't crashed or had any hard landings. So dont see the escs getting damaged...

You probably only damaged the motors. Try replacing those first. Make sure you order the motors that are to be used with your central board (there are two versions).

You probably only damaged the motors. Try replacing those first. Make sure you order the motors that are to be used with your central board (there are two versions).

What if I replace the motors and the esc error is still on?

I want to make sure before I spend $$

If your motors did not spin up when the screws were in them, then it's not very likely that you burned up your ESCs.

I'm assuming that your ESCs are fine if your motors did not try to spin up and burn them out. Either way, it's cheaper to just try replacing the motors first. Those are definitely toast since you drove screws through all of the motor windings. Or, so that's what you said you did.

Well, then you worry about that what-if later :)

It's very unlikely that ESCs too got burned as it's the primary function of the ESCs to limit the current flow by cutting off the voltage.

Reactions: stanseychelles
It's very unlikely that ESCs too got burned as it's the primary function of the ESCs to limit the current flow by cutting off the voltage.
Hi my phantom 3 pro went in sea water for 1 hr,I removed the battery then washed the whole thing in fresh water,then took everything apart then another wash.I used air compressor to drive out as much moisture that I could.I then sprayed all the boards and motors with Wd40 and left it for the night.the next morning I tried to get most of the wd40 residue out with the compressor again.I then used WD circuit board cleaner which left I whitish powder,I got that out again with compressor,I then inserted a new battery as the one that went in water caught fire the same night,lucky it was outside in my garage.I powered on my phantom and all is working,but motors won't start as there is an ESC error.when I power on the craft I can hear the beep sound from the back motors,should all motors make a sound when power on or only the back ones?I'm going to try and swap the motors and see if the front ones make a sound also, to do that I had to cut the wires half way from ESC to motors and used small connecting block.BTW I opened up the motors separate bell housing from the threads, I cleaned the magnets of any small metal debris and sanded the threads there were slight rust on them.now I just hope its just the motors not the main board,help anyone?

Take a look

Attachments

• 1460217301103.jpg
    1460217301103.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 375
I reverse what I've done to the original way they were ,their is a noise from the back motors,so now I'm having droughts.I'm going to order 1 cw motor and 1 ccw motor and switch and see what happens,I don't know if I'm wrong or not but I could be proving that the ESC error that we all get and we change the main boards thinking its that the real problem or it was all simple all along meaning bad ESC could be caused by a fault in a bad motor or two

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic