DJI Phantom 4 Pro/ App Malfuction

I see... so it was an accident.

It seems like it. At least that's what DJI was saying in the first place right? Either way it sucks to lose your Phantom but this will teach all of us to take extra care when flying over water. I think I will stick to just flying over places that I know it's possible to recover at the moment. When I am flying I am thinking all the time oh it would be terrible if it went down here or there and now I purposely avoid those places not only because I can but because I don't want to go there to retrieve it in case of an issue. Happy I got the State Farm coverage last weekend. Picked it up for the P4P and my camera. It was super cheap and easy to get, had coverage in a day and ready for the weekend. They claim it's "no questions asked coverage" and they didn't even want my social for credit report purposes.

Jesse

I am not sure but I would think so. It would just be a feature of the application for something like that. That bird has a follow me mode right?

im not sure to be honest ive never had the balls to look and/or try it lol someday ..........someday.

Reactions: K9VXV
Are you sure this is the log from the flight you are talking about by the water? This flight looks totally inland. From a tennis court to a residence.

Take care,
Jesse
They won't let me upload the last flight!

MSINGER THANK YOU I was able to Roll back my K1 Shield back to the earlier version.
My crashing Problem has STOPPED Thank you very much sir.

Roll it back to an earlier version is all I could tell you Flyguy14

Are you sure this is the log from the flight you are talking about by the water? This flight looks totally inland. From a tennis court to a residence.

Take care,
Jesse
It won't let me send the last flight records of the crash, what should be my next step?

It won't let me send the last flight records of the crash, what should be my next step?

Dang. You are using Android right? Are the logs in the flight log viewer in the app? I know on IOS you can output to csv right in the app. I am not sure what the output looks like but try and press the menu and see if you have that option on the flight log screen that show the map and flight playback.

Let us know please, we want to help you and help others.

Have a great weekend.

Jesse

Here is how that export works in IOS. Press the share button at the bottom and then export CSV up in the right. Once again I am not sure what this data is because I don't have my computer with me at the moment but it might help us understand what happened.
cf2a11522de0a8d015bf06a1c51e3b95.jpg

There is a better way.... especially with app problems.

Switch the TX into (S) sport mode, and any of the special mode functions stop immediately. The drone brakes, and the drone goes into hover waiting for input from the sticks. You can stay in sport mode or switch back to (P) GPS and continue on without any special mode function

The P4 flies with out the app, or even without a smart device connected. When using the special mode functions, you have to know how to get out of them in a hurry in an emergency

I fly with my finger on the switch when in any special mode function or flying waypoints etc
Knowing that bit of knowledge gained from this forum has saved me a couple times when doing waypoint missions. Also fly with finger on the switch

Reactions: FunN4lo
DJI erased my records of the incident. They are using bully tactics to try and keep this quite. Beware! I'm taking them to court for Puffery and to get my money back or a replacement.

DJI erased my records of the incident. They are using bully tactics to try and keep this quite. Beware! I'm taking them to court for Puffery and to get my money back or a replacement.

I took off from a cliff of the coast of San Diego, I started by flying up and down the coast, the app had started shutting off on flight(3 times to be exact) I noticed that the drone was losing altitude from the start.(no wind) There was a surfer about 20 yards off the coast. I started active tracking on him,(put it in profile mode) worked the first time. I raised the altitude about 5 feet because I noticed it was losing altitude again. The app went out again, I had to reload it. I put it back in tracking mode, but the drone just stayed in its location before it started heading the opposite direction and crashed in the water. Life guards took me on a boat to try and recovery it. No luck. I call DJI to start a claim, update my flight records.They sent a response saying it was my fault. 1.I have the last video of it's flight and it clearly shows it wasn't in profile mode 2.The flight records have me taking off from the ocean 5 minutes after I took off (DJI stated that it should start recording as soon as the engine turns on)3.When the app went out,I pressed the home button and it went up and down in the ocean.

Sorry for your loss. I feel your pain.

But you self describe issues that should have told you to stop what you were doing. Then you self describe actions that show you did not know how to over come the issues that you were having. That is operator error of poor judgement, and inadequate pilot knowledge of your craft. That is no different than someone crashing their car because they were going to fast, or over corrected, etc, etc. And then expecting Ford, Chevy, Toyota, or whoever, to replace their car under manufacturers warranty. Those actions get fixed with insurance on a car. No different on a drone.

DJI does not have to offer you anything. Take what they are giving, or move on

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT