Mysterious Malfunction, Crash & PARM LOG Interpretation for P4P V1 (SOLVED)

Here's a link to the flight log:
Your Flight Log Viewer is absolutely amazing! Great job. I noticed at the 1-minute and 4.3-second mark that the “propeller fell off”, which must have been when it experienced a catastrophic break. It seems like there might have been a stress fracture or an imperceptible crack in the propeller that wasn't visible during the pre-flight inspection. Regardless of the cause, kudos to you for developing such a fantastic app, @msinger!

Thank you for your patience and assistance. I really cannot thank you enough!! I have been working on this puzzle for a bit now and it's nice to have some closure. This old P4P V1 has been good to me!! Now, I need to figure out what I am going to do with it.

Here are some key points in your flight:
  • 2.3s: Auto take off initiated
  • 14.7s: Downlink dropped (this continued several more times during the next 44 seconds)
  • 1m 4.3s: Aircraft recorded a prop fell off
  • 2m 9.5s: "Your mobile phone Wi-Fi is using the 5.8 GHz frequency and conflicting with the remote controller. Please disable Wi-Fi or change Image Transmission Settings" message displayed (which might explain why the downlink kept disconnecting)
And some other findings (according to the log data):
  • The home point was never marked
  • 0 satellites for the entire 2m 32s flight
  • No record of an attempted ascent prior to the prop falling off (both sticks were in the center position for 99% of the flight)
While you experienced several issues during this flight, it seems that prop was damaged at some point pre-flight and ultimately led to it detaching mid-flight.

I would like to see pictures of the opposite sides of the props please.
From what I’m seeing in the previous pictures, I‘m wondering if they are other than DJI products.

Last edited:
From what I’m seeing in the previous pictures, I wondering if they are other than DJI products.

Attachments

• IMG_9453.jpeg
    IMG_9453.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_9454.jpeg
    IMG_9454.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_9455.jpeg
    IMG_9455.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 64
I do not see the DJI name on that prop. The underside was a clue as I don’t see the typical mold marks that are always there. These aftermarket props are not acceptable for anything that I have in the air. Look closely at this one(definitely DJI)to see the mold marks and the DJI name and prop size that should be there.
I’m not 100% certain this was your issue, but I have always thought the plastic material used by other than DJI makers do not meet specifications needed to insure longevity. Age of your props may be a factor in this unfortunate instance.
8B3F526E-D45D-4D8E-8CCF-5AA05E5BB724.jpeg
16F4ACFC-75B2-4881-AEB7-1C8932D5BE6D.jpeg

I had an issue with aftermarket props. Lucky I was only 2 feet off the ground. Prop plastic so brittle it broke in two places. Recycled plastic and not enough binder to help it flex.. Never had a good aftermarket battery. Got three when I was buying crashed drones. 10 min max, hot as blazes. Hours to charge up.

From what I’m seeing in the previous pictures, I wondering if they are other than DJI products.
Forgot to mention, good catch on the non OEM DJI props. Very good probable cause of this failure. So many things need to work properly to keep these safely in the air. Batteries and props being what we can easily monitor and control. Others reading this thread should take note..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl