DJI Phantom 4 Pro/ App Malfuction

Did you not have the DJI Care insurance?

I don't believe DJI Care covers instances where the drone is not recoverable to send in for repair or replacement.

I agree with some of the other posters. When the app crashes, or you notice there are problems -- that's the very first sign that it's time to bring the bird in and figure things out before sending it back out over the water. That being said, this last round of updates has caused the Go app on my P4P+ to freeze and crash multiple times every flight. Re-dic-u-lous!!!

Hindsight is 20 20 of course, But I think your best course of action in a like scenario would be to toggle between sport or atti and back to P mode. This would at least cancel the mission and presumably give you full control at the sticks.

Hope it all works out for you.
It happened within seconds

I'm not a helicopter mech, but I'm guessing that knowledge is not that helpful if one wants to have a deep understanding of how DJI drones work. No?

Why did DJI say it was your fault?
Drones are smaller helo, they function the same way for take off of you do it manually.

Drones are smaller helo, they function the same way for take off of you do it manually.
Not sure I get what your saying here man. Are you a full size heli mech or an RC model Heli mech? Drones function much differently than heli's do! We have sold and flown RC heli's for about 25 years and they are diff as day and night. Plus you say that your app crashed in seconds after you took off. I would have brought it right back immediately and figured out what is causing your tablet to crash!

It happened within seconds

From time to time we all wish we would have, or could have had a chance to do something different to affect an outcome, so please don't take my post as criticizing your actions. Just passing on option.

I wish I hadn't hit a tree with my p3 in 2015, and then sometimes s... just happens.

Sorry four loss and good luck with DJI.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Same here Traveler btw. Def not trying to put flyguy14 down or dog him for what happened. Just trying to sort it out man and possibly learn something too.

Reactions: Traveler
Not sure I get what your saying here man. Are you a full size heli mech or an RC model Heli mech? Drones function much differently than heli's do! We have sold and flown RC heli's for about 25 years and they are diff as day and night. Plus you say that your app crashed in seconds after you took off. I would have brought it right back immediately and figured out what is causing your tablet to crash!
It was right after an update

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Military

Sorry for the defensive responses, I'm trying to figure out the same things you guys are.
I hear ya man. This can be frustrating at times for sure. So DJI looked at your flight logs and came back and said that it was your fault right? What did they say was your mistake that caused this crash? You can upload your flight logs here and let Mr Msinger take a look at them to see if he can see the issue. He is a beast when it comes to figuring out problems with these birds!

They said it was to low, I had it about 5 feet over the surfer in profile mode. Which should have recorded it from the side. It stayed in it locations. I'll upload the fight records

If you don't press the stop on the app, the app still has control of your drone

You have to turn the app back on to get into active tracking to change anything

There is a better way.... especially with app problems.

Switch the TX into (S) sport mode, and any of the special mode functions stop immediately. The drone brakes, and the drone goes into hover waiting for input from the sticks. You can stay in sport mode or switch back to (P) GPS and continue on without any special mode function

The P4 flies with out the app, or even without a smart device connected. When using the special mode functions, you have to know how to get out of them in a hurry in an emergency

I fly with my finger on the switch when in any special mode function or flying waypoints etc

App crash...then put it back into active track during the same flight? Be thankful for 15% off.

For IOS just connect it to ITunes and check the application data section for your logs under the DJI application and save. For Android they are located in the DJI folder on the data partition. Sorry to hear about your loss. I know it must be painful. I have been flying my P4P over a few hundred acres and in my shop testing all the different modes and playing with scenarios just to see what will happen so I don't lose her. Your situation was not intended but remember we have all been learning from others here and your loss will help us understand what we can all do to keep these machines safe and protect our investments. The good news is that you can replace it and for all you know until the logs are reviewed, it may have been some type of other issue. I have seen issues where people have bad batteries that cause strange issues so don't feel too bad. This is unrelated but I bought some speakers from some dudes off of a truck once and lost almost half a Phantom.

Reactions: Simzy666
I guess why DJI is saying its pilot's fault cause in case of app crash, the best move is to press stop on RC to cancel the tracking and restart when app is live. This is the way RC can be used to save the aircraft in case app crashes.

Unfortunately there is no way currently for RC to know if app has crashed and thus it continues tracking.

Also not sure what happens if the surfer falls and goes under water. I believe tracking surfers is a skillful task.

I'm not sure how RTH works in tracking mode.

I suggest negotiate for more but if not successful accept 15%, don't lose it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl