Reaction score
Hi, I have just ordered a p3a (Black Friday Pre-Sale in the UK). I am considering getting a tablet to use with it rather than use my compact smartphone.
Three that I have considered are the Nexus 7 32GB 2nd Gen, Samsung Galaxy Tab A and the iPad Mini 2nd Gen.

My question is: Has anyone experienced any issues with either of these devices whilst flying, especially since the latest firmware update. It may help me to decide on which device I should get. I don't want to spend a whole lot of money on a tablet just yet as I need to learn whether I am going to become comfortable with flying the drone before spending on accessory upgrades but I need to know beforehand what works and what doesn't. Any useful help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I own all three of those devices. I haven't used my Tab A for a while, but my Nexus 7 (2013) and iPad Mini 2 both work well with the current version of DJI GO.

Reactions: Nivek and sinxa
Not sure if those are the only 3 your considering but if not another tab many people recommend and is relatively inexpensive is the nvidia shield k1. I use one and it's a beast :) stay away from Acer iconia tab 8 lol I tried one and was not impressed so replaced it with the shield based on peoples recommendations and couldn't be happier with the decision.

Reactions: Nivek
Not sure if those are the only 3 your considering but if not another tab many people recommend and is relatively inexpensive is the nvidia shield k1. I use one and it's a beast :) stay away from Acer iconia tab 8 lol I tried one and was not impressed so replaced it with the shield based on peoples recommendations and couldn't be happier with the decision.
Thank you also GhostRider. I have read that the K1 is a good tablet. I am however, concerned about the way DJI appear to be leaning towards IOS rather than Android. It seems many pilots are finding their tablets will not work or have issues after installing the latest firmware update from DJI. That is not to say that older Apple devices (e.g. iPad Mini 1) will be exempt from such issues, but my budget was limited and so I purchased a 2nd user iPad Mini 2 instead.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31