DJI Go crashes when I try to open Camera using Android 5.1.1 on Galaxy Tab A (2016)(SM-T280)

Reaction score
I am trying to use a Galaxy Tab A (2016)(SM-T280) to operate by Phantom 3 Professional using the DJI Go App. The app opens and connects to device, but when I click the Camera button, the app immediately closes and returns to my app screen on my device.

I can use the app on a large Galaxy Tab A device I have that runs a newer Android Version, but am now of the belief that 5.1.1 is the latest version available for this device. In searching these and other forums, I sometimes find threads that seem to indicate 5.1.1 is fine, but after having tried some of the suggested resolutions, I'm about to give up. Can this tablet be used somehow? I really like the smaller size of it compared to the full size tablet. Thanks.

I am trying to use a Galaxy Tab A (2016)(SM-T280) to operate by Phantom 3 Professional using the DJI Go App. The app opens and connects to device, but when I click the Camera button, the app immediately closes and returns to my app screen on my device.

I can use the app on a large Galaxy Tab A device I have that runs a newer Android Version, but am now of the belief that 5.1.1 is the latest version available for this device. In searching these and other forums, I sometimes find threads that seem to indicate 5.1.1 is fine, but after having tried some of the suggested resolutions, I'm about to give up. Can this tablet be used somehow? I really like the smaller size of it compared to the full size tablet. Thanks.
My guess is that your older tablet is abit overworked by the go app. I dont have the go app open in front of me but I know the app caches photos and video to the tablet (as well as storing it on the sd card on the aircraft). That caching ability can be disabled in the app. I'm guessing disabling the caching to your device might eliminate your crashes. Caching the camera might be what puts the app over the edge of what your tablet is capable of. Good luck!

Reactions: brigerdrones
Thank you for the replies. Having tried everything (except Litchi) that you and other threads have recommended, I decided I was putting a lot of effort into a dead end when the real solution was to just find a newer tablet. Mission accomplished. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.