P3P Link Failure(s)

Reaction score
Hi all ... I know there are a myriad of threads on this topic, but most are merely instructions on how to follow the standard RC to Bird relinking, of which I am aware [RC on (with cable connected and tested), tablet/phone on, bird on, DJI Go to RE/Link RC, depress button aft of red LED on sensor body Left]. I tried 4 different cables and 3 different tablets Each time, after responding to the frequency message, the tiny button press has no effect and the process times out. At one point, I switched to an iPad Air and had momentary success as immediately after that I tried to reconnect with my preferred device and was unable to connect with any combination thereafter. My Controller is the GL300C and a factory refurb and I've used a Nexus 7, and Haiwei 3, and iPad Air and a Galaxy S7 Edge,

This bird was last flown last spring (May) using the Haiwei, and worked with no issues, Last night at 3a, my minor epiphany arrived and had me charge the controller fully and try again with no luck. I have a 2nd P3P that uses a GL300B. My plan now is to charge that controller up fully and see if I can successfully link to this bird instead.

It that doesn't work, I'll try to link the GL300C to the older P3P.. I'm thinking that between these 2 processes, I can narrow this down to either a controller failure or a sensor failure?

Have I missed another sequence or other trouble shooting idea? Both of these birds have been at 1.11.20 since released, and represent the last available firmware upgrades for the 3 series professionals.

Thanks for your help folks!

Best,

UPDATE: Well, I got out another P3P, an older version with the older motors and the GL300B and here is what I did:

Both controllers, the GL300B and the DJI refurb GL300C were able to link to the older P3P, and neither to my new(er) P3P. So, I'm ruling out cables, and both controllers as part of the problem. This leaves the aircraft with a problem, either a hardware issue or a software issue (duh). All birds are running 1.11.20 firmware btw.

Suggestions? Would it be a waste of time to try and refresh the firmware? Am I looking at removing and or replacing the VPS (vision position sensor?). Do these fail with some degree of regularity and would a VPS failure prevent linking?

Suggestions?

I've never heard of the VPS module failing or it interfering with the linking process but I suppose it's possible. Its easy enough to swap the the VPS modules to test your theory. How do you know both birds are running the same FW if you cant link to one of them to see? I suppose it can't hurt to do a FW update on your refurb. It's not flying right now so it's not like you will make anything worse.

I've never heard of the VPS module failing or it interfering with the linking process but I suppose it's possible. Its easy enough to swap the the VPS modules to test your theory. How do you know both birds are running the same FW if you cant link to one of them to see? I suppose it can't hurt to do a FW update on your refurb. It's not flying right now so it's not like you will make anything worse.
FYI that he has two threads going on this issue. Here is the other:

FYI that he has two threads going on this issue. Here is the other:
Thanks @Oso just noticed the other thread now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31