Ipad mini 2 vs google nexus 7

Reaction score
New owner of Phantom 3 Standard. Would like to get a used tablet. Have it narrowed down to a choice of two. The first is the Google Nexus 7 (2013 - 2nd generation). The second is the IPAD Mini 2. Any help in reaching a decision would be greatly appreciated.

My iPad Mini 2 is celluar although its not activated no sim card installed and my Nexus 7 is wi-fi only.

I have read some ware that you need a tablet/phone with GPS module for some of the additional flight modes I am not sure if thats true or not.

I hope some one else with more knowledge on that subject will chime in with additional information.

Ordered a IPAD Mini 4 cellular with 16 gb.

Btw - how do I remove the plastic thingy around the camera?

Great choice! I too have been thinking of upgrading this spring, I have been looking at the Dji Crystalsky 7.85 but the price is holding me back right now.

"Btw - how do I remove the plastic thingy around the camera? "

On my Phantom 3 Pro it just pulls out from the right side if you are looking directly at the camera, not sure if its the same on Standard take a look in the user manual.

Last edited:
I use an iPad Mini 2. The main reason is, it'll run DJI Go (the old version for Phantom 3, matrice, Inspire 1), and the newer DJI GO 4 app for the newer DJI drones (P4, Mavic Pro, Mavic Air, Spark). Both are available in app store or google play.

I'd be sure you can run DJI Go 4 on Nexus 7 if you plan to get a newer DJI drone later on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic