[TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter

Hi Ferraript

Great tool! So nice to be able to do this offline.

One file (zipped and attached) seems OK in HD but I get an error with your tool (version 2016/03/16): "Error in 0D/RECOVER at byte 9146".

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2016-03-19_[15-15-01].txt.zip
    474.4 KB · Views: 431
ferraript, do you have any changes scheduled for this software soon? Like category name changes, or additional columns?

new version is out
- error in RECOVER records, reported by @Fdnyfish and @mikeve, was fixed
- progressbar was added
- advanced mode was added: you can now choose number of decimal digits (where available) and also format of yaw values (default is -179 .. 180, you can choose 0 .. 359)

please be aware, that iOS app produces TXT log with little bit different structure (not known to me), so if you see strange values in CSV, don't be surprised

new version is out
- error in RECOVER records, reported by @Fdnyfish and @mikeve, was fixed
- progressbar was added
- advanced mode was added: you can now choose number of decimal digits (where available) and also format of yaw values (default is -179 .. 180, you can choose 0 .. 359)

please be aware, that iOS app produces TXT log with little bit different structure (not known to me), so if you see strange values in CSV, don't be surprised

Thanks for this - works a treat. Love the progress bar! Helps a lot.

@ferraript Is there anything I can do to help with the iOS TXT log?

@ferraript .......WOW what a nice step up! I really like what you've accomplished.
buttrock.gif
applause.gif

I was able to come up with only 3 minor request.

1- The Vertical Speed data and column are missing. I'm not sure which location set has the proper CUSTOM.vSpeed or
OSD.vSpeed.*Please add the mentioned vSpeed column.

2- The columns BM-elevator BN-throttle are correct only if using R/C Stick Mode1. The problem is, the majority use R/C Stick Mode2 which switches the data in those 2 columns making it incorrect in the FlightLog. *Please switch the names in columns BM and BN.

3- In post #47 I posted details requesting the full data string appear in the description area when the cursor enters formula box.

Btw, I can't tell you how much I appreciate what you have done. This is without any doubt you have the best TXT to CSV Converter. I have a feeling though you are going to continue surprising us with your super cool additions.

-Frank

@flyNfrank :
1. I think that OSD.zSpeed is what you are talking about
2. I am using RC mode 2 too and those columns are fine in my case, so I don't know, maybe it has something to do with iOS app difference again?
3. I don't think I can affect how your Excel works with CSV data

Hey @ferraript ,

1. Yes you are correct about OSD.zSpeed. I mentioned adding a actual OSD.vSpeed column because not everyone knows about OSD.zSpeed being the same data.

2. I have only used this converter with Android. In the converted flight log the stick input it shows the aircraft launching from the ground is the BN - RC.throttle column. In my experience the throttle stick is what moves the aircraft forward and backwards.

3. My Excel can not be set to read or display data different based on the same file type. If you open a djilogs comprehensive csv file and as an example go to any latitude or longitude cell you should see 10 number digits of data. Now, when you select one of these cell's, in the large description area near the upper page between 11-12 number digits depending on which of the two you've selected from. ( on your converted file, it shows the same amount of number digits as what is displayed in the cell) This is not something that is important. It's just a situation that if that data exist then let's make access to it.

@flyNfrank :
1. Even djilogs csv uses zSpeed name and I think or at least I hope, that people know about 3-dimensional space and x,y,z axes :)
2. Well, sorry, but I won't change names just because you use them wrong. Elevator controls pitch (forward/backward movement) and throttle controls thrust (ascending/descending). See Aircraft principal axes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
3. CSV is simple format. It's not possible to store there, how should Excel display numbers. This can be done manually only (and then saved to xls format).

@flyNfrank :
3. CSV is simple format. It's not possible to store there, how should Excel display numbers. This can be done manually only (and then saved to xls format).

3. So do suppose this is something that is done on the server, and not possible with the offline software?

3. So do suppose this is something that is done on the server, and not possible with the offline software?
I don't know what you mean.
I believe that Excel automatically displays 10 digits for all numeric values when opening csv files. And as I wrote, additional settings can be done manually only, by applying specific format to cells or columns.

I don't know what you mean.
I believe that Excel automatically displays 10 digits for all numeric values when opening csv files. And as I wrote, additional settings can be done manually only, by applying specific format to cells or columns.

I'm just having a hard time understanding this situation. Without adjusting any settings, I can open a .csv flight log converted on djilogs, select a particular long number in a cell, and find 2 additional digits added to the length overall. On ferraript's converted .csv flight log the same file type is limited.

Does anyone know if there is even a explanation for the difference between the 2 converters?

OSD.vSpeed is just derived column from OSD.zSpeed (vSpeed = -zSpeed) so it's redundant and I hope you will survive without it :) (as nobody else needs it)

On ferraript's converted .csv flight log the same file type is limited
This is not true. For example, if you choose 9-digit decimal output for lat/lon, in csv you'll see 2+8 digits values and when you select any cell, in formula bar you'll see 2+9 digits value. Behaviour of Excel is still the same.

OSD.vSpeed is just derived column from OSD.zSpeed (vSpeed = -zSpeed) so it's redundant and I hope you will survive without it :) (as nobody else needs it)

This is not true. For example, if you choose 9-digit decimal output for lat/lon, in csv you'll see 2+8 digits values and when you select any cell, in formula bar you'll see 2+9 digits value. Behaviour of Excel is still the same.

I was only showing you that it does in fact exist on the other converter. It started out not being listed on that converter's data either. But per the large group of Dashware users and someone requesting it be added, it was added without hesitation. Ever notice the last 6-8 columns on the mentioned comprehensive flight log? Some of which end in (dot)dashware. Btw, I don't know if you're familiar with gauges in dashware, but when the same data doesn't share the same file name, the user has to do one of two things. Either create additional set of Data Types, or create an another gauge.

You ask if anyone has request or problems to ask. But rather then see the thread die, I make some request only to come back and find your sarcastic responses including a reason or two why you don't want to do them.

Here's a great request. Why not put together a imperial converter? Or see if it can be added to the existing converter as a plugin?

You need to know my intentions are meant to appear as though I've complained in some fashion. They are legit request whether they are taken that away or not. The work you've done here is awesome and it would be ok if you stopped with what you have. I can also stop requesting as well. Thanks for what you've done.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31