DAT to Google Earth flight simulation

Reaction score
Looks like there are many threads about online converters for TXT logs from mobile app. So I'll just mention one which is:
- offline - you do the conversion on your own machine
- for DAT files, not the TXT files - DAT logs have much more data in case of a crash or lost connection with radio controller during flight

Though it's not really easy to use for non-technical people.

Anyway, converter is here:
dji-firmware-tools/comm_dissector at master · o-gs/dji-firmware-tools · GitHub
(yes, that's the correct place; the converter is just an add-on to the dissectors, which also allow you to view data from flight logs directly)

Example flight is here:

Example from original author is here:
(look into video description for a very crude explanation about creating the KML for google earth)

Also, while I'm talking about offline convertes for DATs, I have to mention DatCon, which creates very basic KML file, but is a great tool for log analysis:
CsvView/DatCon

Reactions: GregWV
Hi Quaddamage! I am a student researching drone forensics, and I've been trying for months now to use converted DAT files to simulate a drone's flight on google earth. I have been able to use DATCon to convert to KML and then plot the pathway on google earth, but I'm trying to be able to simulate the flight path through an animation. I noticed you were able to do that in your second video above- would you mind sharing how you were able to do this?

Thanks!

Ha, I already forgot I even did that.
Only the 1st video is mine. And how-to is within description of the 2nd video.

KML files can include the flight path in few different ways; depending on what you use to generate it, the KML will serve different purpose.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl