[TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter

Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm glad to present you the result of my work.
A lot of us have been unhappy, because until now, there was no offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter.
And after websites such as HealthyDrones and djilogs.com started to charge for their services, I decided I really need some offline converter. So I created it by myself.

It's quite simple, all you need to do is select input TXT file and output CSV file and press the GO button. There is also option to export JPG images, if they are present in the log.

I don't plan to add graphs, statistics or something like that.
My thanks goes to (for me) unknown person, who published some sources at this site, so I was able to put missing pieces together.

If you find any error, let me know.
Enjoy ;)

Notice 1: It is confirmed that the TXT logs of Inspire, and also TXT logs from iOS app, have a little bit different structure (not known to me), so, please, don't be surprised when you see some strange values

Notice 2: Some of you requested the structure of the TXT log, so, here you have it too
- edit: since DJI GO 2.8.4, TXT logs are encrypted, so the structure file is useless

Notice 3: Tool can be also run from command line like this, example:
TXTlogToCSVtool "C:\temp\inputFile.txt" "C:\temp\outputFile.csv" J I G
It will try to read inputFile.txt and write the output into outputFile.csv.
Optional parameters:
J ... it will also export JPGs, if they are present in the log
I ... imperial units will be used
G ... it will also export GPX file

Notice 4: The tool is freeware and it is intended for your own personal use only.

Notice 5: Please, don't ask for decrypting algorithm. It's not shareable. Explanation here.

Notice 6: DJI is adding some misleading bytes into newer logs, so if primary version from TXTlogToCSVtool.zip doesn't work, try experimental version from TXTlogToCSVtool-exp.zip. For Mavic Mini logs, it's best to use TXTlogToCSVtoolMM.zip.

actual version is from 2020/01/24

Attachments

• TXTlogToCSVtool.zip
    406.5 KB · Views: 15,253
  • TXTlogToCSVtool-exp.zip
    282.5 KB · Views: 2,645
  • TXTlogToCSVtoolMM.zip
    281.9 KB · Views: 2,509
Last edited:
Thanks for doing this, was hoping I didn't have to do it myself.
However I'm getting errors each time I use it on different files and not getting any usable data.
Error in 0f/firmware at byte 12
Error in 01/OSD at byte 123

There is some differences between android and ios OS's. But I don't think they matter in this case due to the limited amount of fields.

What you've put together here is very nice. I appreciate your efforts big time! This allows the txt file to be converted anywhere anytime even when there's no Wifi connection.

Currently there is a few minor issues but more importantly, nothing major. Do you have any plans to add any more fields? What are the chances of doing a setup similar to the "comprehensive.csv" on dji.com that has roughly 150 fields?

Last edited:
Worked perfectly. Thanks a bunch.

Do you have any plans to add any more fields? What are the chances of doing a setup similar to the "comprehensive.csv" on dji.com that has roughly 150 fields?
last time I used their converter, I got 170 columns
my tool gives 174 columns
I think that's more than enough :)

at the moment I am looking into decompiled sources of DJI GO, but it's all mixed up
I don't know if I can get more data

last time I used their converter, I got 170 columns
my tool gives 174 columns
I think that's more than enough :)

at the moment I am looking into decompiled sources of DJI GO, but it's all mixed up
I don't know if I can get more data

I Happily stand corrected! I must have converted the file and then opened the wrong one to reference. I just quickly and notice there was much more columns then I saw yesterday. I will look them over and see what we have to work with. Will you need a dashware profile created? If so I can send you a convo.

@ferraript
I get more data than I can handle.
Busy hiding fields I'm not interested in or that have no data.

Surely you're not complaining about something that is free.

I know for a fact this @ferraript put in some serious hours and effort to put this together. I know I sure as heck appreciate what has been put together.

Reactions: W2JFI
flyNfrank, did you do any comparison between this tool and the $1 converter to see how the aileron, elevator, throttle, rudder, and gimbal match up? Something seems off, but I'm not sure which is incorrect.

Reactions: Bagotfish
these values should be fine
I just changed the scale, so it is the same like @BudWalker is using in his DAT converter, from -10000 to 10000
The .txt file produced by the Go App uses a [0, 2048] range. I suspect this is the output of the control stick digitizer. Somewhere between that output and the .DAT field that range gets changed to [-10000, 10000]. I.e. DatCon doesn't change the scale, it just reports what it sees in that field.
@msinger

I have to correct you, it uses range 0x016C ( = 364) .. 0x0694 ( = 1684)
It's been a while since I was looking at .txt files. I seem to remember that the value for the neutral position is 1024. Did I get that right? I must've just assumed that 1024 being neutral means that the interval is [0, 2048]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan