[TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter

flyNfrank, did you do any comparison between this tool and the $1 converter to see how the aileron, elevator, throttle, rudder, and gimbal match up? Something seems off, but I'm not sure which is incorrect.

Two different formats make things difficult when it comes to dashware gauges. Dashware users will have to create a gauge for each format.

The problem I had with the Dollar General store converter was he never took into consideration the R/C has not 1 but 4 different lever configurations. He has the 4 fields only set for mode option 1. I believe most users have their R/C set at mode option 2. In my case the RC.elevator and RC.throttle were switched around.

THe has the 4 fields only set for mode option 1. I believe most users have their R/C set at mode option 2. In my case the RC.elevator and RC.throttle were switched around.
You would think DJI GO would output the data to the appropriate location. I wonder how this works when someone is using the custom stick configuration.

Hi folks, I'm glad to present you the result of my work.
A lot of us have been unhappy, because until now, there was no offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter.
And after websites such as HealthyDrones and djilogs.com started to charge for their services, I decided I really need some offline converter. So I created it by myself.

It's quite simple, all you need to do is select input TXT file and output CSV file and press the GO button. There is also option to export JPG images, if they are present in the log.

I don't plan to add graphs, statistics or something like that.
But if somebody would be interested, I can share the TXT FlightRecord structure, at least what I was able to decode.
My thanks goes to (for me) unknown person, who published some sources at this site, so I was able to put missing pieces together.

If you find any error, let me know.
Enjoy ;)

actual version is from 2016/03/09

Would like to take a look if you are sharing.

@ferraript ....would it be possible to add another number position on the speed related column's? It would be like 29.902.

You would think DJI GO would output the data to the appropriate location. I wonder how this works when someone is using the custom stick configuration.

Maybe it does output to the right location now, but somethings possibly missing in the formula? I know the converter needs to know which OS you are using. Could also be why when I have a P3P and the log file is seeing it as a P3A. I'm guessing just a few minor tweaks, maybe?

The problem I had with the Dollar General store converter was he never took into consideration the R/C has not 1 but 4 different lever configurations.
yesterday I did some tests
I was clicking on the buttons on the RC, then changing all kind of settings in DJI GO app
everytime I wrote down exact time of the corresponding action
then I looked into TXT log (and also generated CSV), at those time records
result is, RC stick mode is not present in the TXT log

would it be possible to add another number position on the speed related column's? It would be like 29.902.
why do you need speed in millimetres per second? :)
I think that even now, centimetres per second, is redundant

Could also be why when I have a P3P and the log file is seeing it as a P3A.
maybe iOS version uses different numbering of the drones
with Android version I'm 100 % sure I'm giving correct "translation", because I decompiled (Android) DJI GO app and it's right there:

public enum DroneType {
Unknown(0),
Inspire(1),
P3S(2),
P3X(3),
P3C(4),
OpenFrame(5),
ACEONE(6),
WKM(7),
NAZA(8),
A2(9),
A3(10),
P4(11),
P34K(15),
wm220(16),
Inspire2(17),
NoFlyc(255),
None(100);

I was clicking on the buttons on the RC, then changing all kind of settings in DJI GO app

I didn't say anything about millimeters or centimeters. No doubt want the mph, just want to read 3 positions(or thousandths) behind the decimal point. I like having the ability to see the exact point in which a particular change takes place. The current data as you know displays 2 positions (or hundredths). There could be 3-4 lines in a row that show the same amount, such as:

Line
426) 7.65
427) 7.65
428) 7.65

However, the 3rd position(or thousandths) will show better detail, such as:

426) 7.653
427) 7.655
428) 7.651

As you can now see it was line 427 that the A/C topped out in speed. I can now better cross reference this on the same line on other categories.

maybe iOS version uses different numbering of the drones
with Android version I'm 100 % sure I'm giving correct "translation", because I decompiled (Android) DJI GO app and it's right there:

public enum DroneType {
Unknown(0),
Inspire(1),
P3S(2),
P3X(3),
P3C(4),
OpenFrame(5),
ACEONE(6),
WKM(7),
NAZA(8),
A2(9),
A3(10),
P4(11),
P34K(15),
wm220(16),
Inspire2(17),
NoFlyc(255),
None(100);
1notp3A.jpg

Frank D'Amato(dashware guru) and myself were working on some issues with the Dollar General converter some time back. and we discovered that some of the Category Columns display in different locations of the CSV logged file between Android and ios versions. Now I have no idea how it was fixed overall. But I do know that info is logged as shown in the image below. You see the categories droneType, appType, appVersion1, appVersion2, appVersion3. Depending on the displayed number in each of those columns is determined by the drone and OS type being used.

1osV.jpg

Last edited:
@flyNfrank
1. could you send me one of your P3P logs from iOS app?
2. about information stored in different locations, I know that, even in Android version, for example, battery type and percentage is stored according to flycVersion
3. adding more decimal numbers is not a problem
4. do Dashware users need RAW values of columns? because I plan to remove all those columns, where their meaning is known

@flyNfrank
1. could you send me one of your P3P logs from iOS app?
2. about information stored in different locations, I know that, even in Android version, for example, battery type and percentage is stored according to flycVersion
3. adding more decimal numbers is not a problem
4. do Dashware users need RAW values of columns? because I plan to remove all those columns, where their meaning is known

I attached a zipped txt & csv version.
I only know of one person that uses the RAW values in dashware, and that is for 1 category. I prefer the text wording myself.

Attachments

• fLog.zip
    629.7 KB · Views: 6,655
new version is out
changes include:
- all RAW columns were removed, because their explanation is known
- some numeric values were changed to their meaning, for example RCmode, droneType, appType
- all speed columns now have 3 decimal digits (I still don't understand, why @flyNfrank needs that, but I don't care)
- if location in DETAILS is not known, "Map Loading" text is not shown now

decompiling the DJI GO app didn't help me so much, because it only says the position, length and datatype of columns, but their names are unknown
for example, there are 18 columns in firmware record, some of them show 1.6.40, but I don't know, where they belong (maybe drone, battery, RC, camera, ...)

that means that if no miracle happens, there won't be any new columns in the CSV

new version is out
changes include:
- all RAW columns were removed, because their explanation is known
- some numeric values were changed to their meaning, for example RCmode, droneType, appType
- all speed columns now have 3 decimal digits (I still don't understand, why @flyNfrank needs that, but I don't care)
- if location in DETAILS is not known, "Map Loading" text is not shown now

decompiling the DJI GO app didn't help me so much, because it only says the position, length and datatype of columns, but their names are unknown
for example, there are 18 columns in firmware record, some of them show 1.6.40, but I don't know, where they belong (maybe drone, battery, RC, camera, ...)

that means that if no miracle happens, there won't be any new columns in the CSV

Is there a link to the new version? Thanks for your effort!

This is excellent! I just got my Phantom Advanced and was getting frustrated by all the pay-to-convert websites for these log files. So happy to see an offline tool.

I'm working on a Dashware profile for this log type and I just want to make sure my units are correct - I'm assuming all the distance units are in meters and the speed units are in meters/sec? Is that correct?

Thanks so much!

i believe so, but there are some decimal issues that will need to be fixed in the converter or in Dashware.

I also started s profile, but will wait to finish it, as I have requested some fields to be added and corrected.

This is a great tool, willing to donate for development if needed.

all those conversions can be done in dashware

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan