[TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter

@flyNfrank, no, I don't use Dashware, maybe this is the problem :)
from my point of view, there are so many columns in the output, that the file is very large and messy, opening it and processing in Excel takes long time and when user wants to find only a few columns he is interested in, it takes long time too
this is the reason why I'm so reluctant if somebody wants new column, especially if there already is (almost) same column in the output
one idea just came to my mind, maybe the solution would be to create another tool, especially for Dashware users
this original version would contain only "text" columns, all RAW values, maximums, totals could be removed
and new version would contain those RAW values and any other values you need for Dashware
what do you think of that?
let me know and I will think about it...

about imperial converter
I personally don't need it as I use metric system, but I know many people use imperial system
I think it could be done, but at the moment I'm not sure, what system is used in TXT logs - I mean, is it always metric system?
for example, if user set app to imperial units, won't log contain values in imperial units too?
because then I wouldn't be able to find out units and correctly convert them

What parameters does Healthy Drones use to calculate signal strength?
there is no such parameter
and answer is written on their site: "It calculates signal strength based on the connection to the remote - it searches for signal loss based on minor signal interruptions"
so they count in 30-seconds intervals, how many logs didn't come from Phantom to RC (and app)

@flyNfrank, no, I don't use Dashware, maybe this is the problem :)
from my point of view, there are so many columns in the output, that the file is very large and messy, opening it and processing in Excel takes long time and when user wants to find only a few columns he is interested in, it takes long time too
this is the reason why I'm so reluctant if somebody wants new column, especially if there already is (almost) same column in the output
one idea just came to my mind, maybe the solution would be to create another tool, especially for Dashware users
this original version would contain only "text" columns, all RAW values, maximums, totals could be removed
and new version would contain those RAW values and any other values you need for Dashware
what do you think of that?
let me know and I will think about it...

about imperial converter
I personally don't need it as I use metric system, but I know many people use imperial system
I think it could be done, but at the moment I'm not sure, what system is used in TXT logs - I mean, is it always metric system?
for example, if user set app to imperial units, won't log contain values in imperial units too?
because then I wouldn't be able to find out units and correctly convert them

I know a decent amount about using dashware but,.....I do not classify myself as a expert or a guru as I do a few others. In my opinion it's @Fdnyfish and @Luap that are the super pro's when it comes to dashware and P3 flight logs. Those 2 would be able to help you by making sure whatever dashware project you were working on got completed right the 1st time.

If a imperial converter could be a simple plug-in then it wouldn't be so bad.

Currently the aileron, elevator, throttle, rudder all go from 10,000 to -10,000 . In dashware just do a math calculation dividing this field by 10 and your values will now be 100 to -100

When I update the converter it will NOT save. It keeps returning back to the same value and my gauges stay messed up due to this odd formula. Is there a fix for this not saving issue?

I have stopped interest in this converter, as it does not work correctly with iOS or my inspire, but it is great work and useful for the few it can help

I have stopped interest in this converter, as it does not work correctly with iOS or my inspire, but it is great work and useful for the few it can help

That's understandable. When people don't respond to questions when they are asked, you'll end up in a situation such as this. I asked you a couple of questions on your website Frank and for whatever your reason you don't respond. You sent me PM here with a question and I responded right away. I'm not the one who has ignored your post here, his screen name is @ferraript. The fact of the matter is, everything in this subject, is free. But regardless of either situation, nobody likes being ignored.

Last edited:
Frank, not for nothing, but you come off being very pushey. I asked the creator of this tool a few questions, he answered, and I moved on. You seem to want everyone to do custom work for you, and when they explain why it's not good for everyone as a whole, you bash them.

You won't have access any longer to my website.

Frank, not for nothing, but you come off being very pushey. I asked the creator of this tool a few questions, he answered, and I moved on. You seem to want everyone to do custom work for you, and when they explain why it's not good for everyone as a whole, you bash them.

You won't have access any longer to my website.

Pot-Kettle-Black.....Frank D. The developer asked request if anyone had any, and if they did he would consider doing them. All I tried to do was get these Converter's to co-exist with one another. The developer and I had a misunderstanding about decimal placement, and nothing more. If you remember right, I sent you a invite to this setup in hopes that you would chime in and help if something wasn't being conveyed correctly. It seems others pointed things out and in turn helped you based on your responses in this thread.

Maybe if you have spoken up and got yourself in a predicament like I did with the developer, then maybe you have something that works you and your Inspire. I'm not positive but I believe the developer said this was for the P3A & P3P.

You obviously have taken everything the wrong way. Shutting my account off on your website is your business. I wish you all the best. Have a nice day.

To be clear, I have no issues whatsoever with @ferraript . I was just saying that I was bowing out of the conversation as his tool does not work for me with an inspire. His work is great like I stated in my earlier post, but I'm not gonna pressure him to do something he does not want to do.

To be clear, I have no issues whatsoever with @ferraript . I was just saying that I was bowing out of the conversation as his tool does not work for me with an inspire. His work is great like I stated in my earlier post, but I'm not gonna pressure him to do something he does not want to do.

So whats wrong with getting a offline converter setup that works with dashware? The benefit of that reaches out to a lot of people.

I just went through the whole topic and also our conversations, but I never wrote I didn't want to do it
actually, in recent updates, I fixed the values you found out being wrong (those that I was able to fix), I also added battery voltage of cells 5 and 6 for Inspire and I did some modifications so my converter works better with iOS too
but until now nobody had offered to help me with modifications for Inspire and I don't have the Inspire so I am not able to do it just by myself alone

If your looking for inspire txt files, I'd be glad to provide them. I will download your latest version and run it again for compatibility

I had success with HealthyDrones and DJI Log Converter

Just downloaded your latest converter and rows E&G have the same values.

Here are a few of my inspire TXT files for you to run on your own.

Attachments

• ConvertedFlightRecords.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 558
yes all logs from using DJIGO and iOS.

And as I said earlier, the only issues I see are the rows E&G have the same values. E should be current and G furthest. So G is correct but E is Wrong (in my situation)

BTW, no need to make a DASHWARE Version of the converter (IMHO), as users can convert any metric numbers to Imperial numbers thru dashware.
I completely agree with this. There's no sense in adding additional columns for imperial units when you can simply do the conversion in Dashware.

I was working on a Dashware profile a couple weeks back but got sidetracked - I can finish it up and post it here for people if it would help anyone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan