CsvView - an app that visualizes .csv files

I'm guessing that you ran TXTlogToCSVtool with the imperial option? CsvView only understands metric units for TXTlogToCSVtool. I'll fix CsvView so that the error message is more informative.

Now that you say that, I know that what I did. I got confused on the log with all the metric symbols appeared which threw me off.
I'll run it with a full metric file next.

That cleaned up all the red text, none appeared with metric setting.

@BudWalker I wanted ask if you thought the Thrust Angle is dictated by direction of wind?

The short answer is that thrustAngle alone is not an indicator of wind. thrustAngle is computed from motor speeds. As such it can be considered to be the final response of every input the P3 receives. Wind is just one of those inputs. Other inputs would include control stick inputs as well as the random fluctuations in roll, pitch and yaw.

The reason I asked, yesterday I was viewing Thrust Angle using the GeoPlayer. I noticed it didn't matter where the a/c was at on the flight path map, the wand pointed in the same direction for the most part. Even in areas of the map where I knew the Pitch and Roll were shifting back and forth somewhat violent, the wand still maintained that same direction.

Hello, CsvView is such a great tool, thank you very much! :)

But one thing I wasn't able to manage yet: How to use the standard gauges of Dashware? (Not the ones which are present in the Dashware profile of DatCon). Does somebody have an idea how to make them work or has a working profile to put into some of the Dashware folders?

Hello, CsvView is such a great tool, thank you very much! :)

But one thing I wasn't able to manage yet: How to use the standard gauges of Dashware? (Not the ones which are present in the Dashware profile of DatCon). Does somebody have an idea how to make them work or has a working profile to put into some of the Dashware folders?

Why would you need to see or use dashware gauges with CsvView? Maybe you are thinking of the gauge names that sometimes match a data file name? The only way Dashware and CsvView coexist is that they use the same data file input to function their tools.

You're probably thinking about State Signals, or Series Signals?

Ah sorry, I forgot to mention: I'm testing to use CsvView to trancode the .TXT files into a .CSV file and than load this .CSV into Dashware. I know that also Healthydrones is offering these option, but I want to test which of both versions creates more detailed .csv logs. I think this is with CsvView but it would be great if I could compare the results with the standard gauges of Dashware.

Ah sorry, I forgot to mention: I'm testing to use CsvView to trancode the .TXT files into a .CSV file and than load this .CSV into Dashware. I know that also Healthydrones is offering these option, but I want to test which of both versions creates more detailed .csv logs. I think this is with CsvView but it would be great if I could compare the results with the standard gauges of Dashware.

In that case then it will most likely be CsvView due to the converter it uses now converts close to 185 data columns. Are you wanting CsvView mostly just for file conversion from .txt to .csv?

CsvView relies on TXTLogToCSVTool to do the conversion from .txt to .csv. You can obtain TXTLogToCSVTool here. You might want to consider posting your Dashware questions there. Seems like I recall some discussion about Dashware in that thread.

Ok, I'll post my question in the other thread too. Just wanted to know if maybe somebody created such a profile in the past who is working with CsvView and DashWare.

It's the file name that matters. Dashware profiles mean nothing to CsvView. When you use CsvView, you select a flight log file from either .txt, .csv, or .dat to view the data in the form of a graph.

Yes, I understand. I'm not using CsvView in order to open .csv files and use it to display graphs. I just use it as file format converter: I open a .TXT logfile and export it within CsvView as .CSV which is readable with DashWare.
This Export "relies on TXTLogToCSVTool" as BudWalker explained, the created .csv files of both are similar, but not identical. Probably because the latest CsvView is not using the latest version of TXTLogToCSVTool

I just wanted to compare the results of the different TXT=>CSV converters available for the Phantom 3 and which of them creates the "best" or "detailed" Csv file for the purpose of using within DashWare.

There is a new version of CsvView/DatCon. This new version has some new features as well as bug fixes. If you get a chance try out the MagData Player. The new versions can be obtained here CsvView and here DatCon. Both versions are a beta that will turn into a non-beta versions in a few days if there are no problems.

Reactions: polarisax
I'm getting this Mcafee security alert when trying to unzip the latest version of CsvView PC version. Any ideas? Would like to try it.

Attachments

• CSVVIEW-1.JPG
    CSVVIEW-1.JPG
    185.4 KB · Views: 363
I'm getting this Mcafee security alert when trying to unzip the latest version of CsvView PC version. Any ideas? Would like to try it.
I don't use Mcafee here so I'm not totally sure. But, I think Macafee is telling you that it doesn't like the fact that it is a .zip. Not that being a .zip is necessarily bad, but it's possible that the contents of the .zip could be bad. I think you can download it and then tell Macafee to scan it before unzipping it. Actually, Macafee should scan it automatically when you download it.

Reactions: npalen
For those using CsvView 3.6.0 the public GoogleMap API key is incorrect. The GeoPlayer will say this
upload_2018-7-1_14-22-56.png

Just insert this key
AIzaSyD1IIRi3toLYXNs_04Bay7C8GnJmlqkvwA

and it should work

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4