CsvView - an app that visualizes .csv files

Btw, My GeoPlayer seem to work before getting a Key. Also, after installing the Key there was no change in the GeoPlayers function.

Other then viewing the flight, is there some other functions it should be doing?
Is the Google Map image displayed. Something like this?
upload_2016-8-10_9-27-6.png

Yes exactly like that, before and after adding the Key. The yellow indicator shows the direction the aircraft is pointing during flight. Should there be more to it?

*Edit: my button faces are not yellow.

Yes exactly like that, before and after adding the Key. The yellow indicator shows the direction the aircraft is pointing during flight. Should there be more to it?

*Edit: my button faces are not yellow.
You must've entered the key on one of your earlier attempts.

I open CsvView and from the SigPlayer menu I select the 'Forward Thrust Value over Distance'. But that is not what comes up. It brought up 'RC.elevator and hSpeed[m/s]' instead.

Not sure what happened, but I'm guessing this is something I can fix or change on my own, right?

Also I think I might have asked this before but don't remember a response. On the data category "HOME.aircraftHeadDirection" the only value input is a number "1". Do you know if there is any other data associated with that setup? It might be exactly what I've been looking for as I need something other then Yaw to indicate the exact straight forward flight direction.

All I can say is that 6 other users have reported being able to get a key and use it. I haven't heard anyone else report this problem so I'm assuming there others besides those 6 who don't have this problem. I'd rather wait until another user reports this problem before trying to determine why you can't copy and paste the key.
Actually, I had the same problem. I had to use the log to identify, that there was space symbol ahead of the key.
Maybe you could take the key that user enters and use trim() on it.

Also I think I might have asked this before but don't remember a response. On the data category "HOME.aircraftHeadDirection" the only value input is a number "1". Do you know if there is any other data associated with that setup? It might be exactly what I've been looking for as I need something other then Yaw to indicate the exact straight forward flight direction.

When I say Other data associated with that setup, I'm referring to is there a 2,3,4, that might reference the nose direction? As it is now, we only see a number '1' from top to bottom of the column.

CsvView 0.9.7 is available. Obtain it by going here.

Beta 0.9.7 Release Notes
1. SigPlayers can be saved, savedAs, exported, imported, and deleted.
2. Traces can now use a common axis
3. Several bugs have been fixed
4. txtSignals.xml and datSignals.xml have been cleaned up some.

When viewing a graph, would it be safe to say that the data displaying along the bottom of the graph represents the time of the flight in seconds?

And if that is correct, would there be anyway to match the number displayed on the bottom with each line in the file? (I realize if each line is set at 10th a second it would be 10 lines equal a second. Just curious if other formulas could work also)

BudWalker, when using Value Tracking in a SigPlayer, would it be possible to add to the tool a feature that would let the user select a start and end point and the new feature would show the average amount with in that selection?

Say you were viewing battery voltage graph and you want to find out from one marked point to another how many volts were used with in that section only. An example could be, say you wanted to check the amount of volts used from the point in which the aircraft launched until reaching 80ft. Or, with the tailwind we had on this flight, it used X amount of volts going to....and X amount on the return trip.

This feature would work with which ever type of formula being used, as in feet, meter, mph, volts, amps, ect.

I think this would be a very nice addition if you think it's possible or not.

CsvView 0.9.8 is available. Obtain it by going here. 0.9.8 wasn't quite ready to be released, but it's being released because it uses the newest version of TXLogToCSVtool. The only real shortcoming of 0.9.8 is that the User Manual hasn't been updated.

Beta 0.9.8 Release Notes
1. Workspace can be exported as .zip. Allows a .DAT to be converted to a .csv then zipped and attached to a PhantomPilots post
2. Workspace can be loaded from a .zip that was created by the export .zip feature.
3. GeoPlayer has options to display the AC path, Tablet path, yaw of the AC.
4. In addition to the Track mode where the cursor moves with the mouse there is now also Pick mode. In Pick mode the cursor is set by left clicking the mouse.
5. Source type created for Litchi, FPV, and Autologic apps
6. Support for DJO Go App all versions.

Last edited:
That sounds awesome. I can't wait to use it! Number 4 caught my eye..... :)

CsvView 0.9.9 is available. Obtain it by going here. Somehow 0.9.8 didn't have the most recent version of TXLogToCSVtool. (Some may recall that this was the main reason for releasing 0.9.8 :confused:) The User Manual has also been brought more up to date.

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated!

This discussion is probably a lot more appropriate here then in a different thread.
I loaded a .CSV file and find this red text:

Signal: distance [m] invalid colName CUSTOM.distance [m]
Signal: height [m] invalid colName OSD.height [m]
Signal: zSpeed [m/s] invalid colName OSD.zSpeed [m/s]
Signal: travelled [m] invalid colName CUSTOM.travelled [m]
Signal: hSpeed [m/s] invalid colName CUSTOM.hSpeed [m/s]
Signal: ySpeed [m/s] invalid colName OSD.ySpeed [m/s]
Signal: HOME.height [m] invalid colName HOME.height [m]
Signal: RC_GPS.xSpeed [m/s] invalid colName RC_GPS.xSpeed [m/s]
Signal: xSpeed [m/s] invalid colName OSD.xSpeed [m/s]
Signal: HOME.goHomeHeight invalid colName HOME.goHomeHeight [m]
Signal: RC_GPS.ySpeed [m/s] invalid colName RC_GPS.ySpeed [m/s]

Do these need edited into the txtSignals.xml?

This discussion is probably a lot more appropriate here then in a different thread.
I loaded a .CSV file and find this red text:

Signal: distance [m] invalid colName CUSTOM.distance [m]
Signal: height [m] invalid colName OSD.height [m]
Signal: zSpeed [m/s] invalid colName OSD.zSpeed [m/s]
Signal: travelled [m] invalid colName CUSTOM.travelled [m]
Signal: hSpeed [m/s] invalid colName CUSTOM.hSpeed [m/s]
Signal: ySpeed [m/s] invalid colName OSD.ySpeed [m/s]
Signal: HOME.height [m] invalid colName HOME.height [m]
Signal: RC_GPS.xSpeed [m/s] invalid colName RC_GPS.xSpeed [m/s]
Signal: xSpeed [m/s] invalid colName OSD.xSpeed [m/s]
Signal: HOME.goHomeHeight invalid colName HOME.goHomeHeight [m]
Signal: RC_GPS.ySpeed [m/s] invalid colName RC_GPS.ySpeed [m/s]

Do these need edited into the txtSignals.xml?
What generated the .csv?

TXTlogToCSVtool
I'm guessing that you ran TXTlogToCSVtool with the imperial option? CsvView only understands metric units for TXTlogToCSVtool. I'll fix CsvView so that the error message is more informative.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4