[TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter

I tried that, but it wasn't jiving with my altitude. what format is the osd.zspeed in? m/s?
As far as I can tell, yes, m/s. I haven't done the math to double-check, but at full vertical throttle I was getting about 8 MPH ascension, which at first glance seemed reasonable. I'll do the math in a bit and verify.

As far as I can tell, yes, m/s. I haven't done the math to double-check, but at full vertical throttle I was getting about 8 MPH ascension, which at first glance seemed reasonable. I'll do the math in a bit and verify.
Math checks out. I went up about 350 feet in roughly 30 seconds, and that translates to around 8 MPH.

I'm assuming all the distance units are in meters and the speed units are in meters/sec? Is that correct?
I read binary values and convert them to numeric values, that's all
I live in Europe, I use metric units and CSV outputs from my logs show values in metric units
I don't know if this works the same way in iOS app, or, if somebody has DJI GO app set to imperial units

Warning:
My tool was made especially for Phantoms 3, I can't guarantee it provides correct values for other drones such as Inspire
and it turned out, that for example CUSTOM fields in Inspires' log contain something else than the same fields in Phantoms' log

then I have question for those of you that want 3 or even more decimal digits in speed / distance fields
could you explain me what is it good for?
for example, the difference between 1.230 m/s and 1.234 m/s is 4 mm/s
you really think that 4 mm/s make any difference?
the precision of GPS + GLONASS is 1 meter at best and you care about millimetres, it's just ridiculous

new version is out
important changes:
- RAW values are back
- added new columns: voltages of cell 5 and 6 for Inspire, APP_GPS section (looks like only P3P logs contain it)

some of you requested the TXT log structure, I attached it in the 1st post too
Awesome! Keep up the great work, and thanks for sharing!

This is awesome! I'm out sick for a week and come back to this bit of awesomeness... I'm working on an offline utility similar to what you'd find at HealthyDrones and this is the last bit that'll make my tool that much for useful. Thank you very much for your hard work and effort! It's much appreciated.

Warning:
My tool was made especially for Phantoms 3, I can't guarantee it provides correct values for other drones such as Inspire
and it turned out, that for example CUSTOM fields in Inspires' log contain something else than the same fields in Phantoms' log

then I have question for those of you that want 3 or even more decimal digits in speed / distance fields
could you explain me what is it good for?
for example, the difference between 1.230 m/s and 1.234 m/s is 4 mm/s
you really think that 4 mm/s make any difference?
the precision of GPS + GLONASS is 1 meter at best and you care about millimetres, it's just ridiculous

There is no reason to insult someone for making a simple request. If you did not want to make the revision, all you had to do was say no thanks. Actually I gave an example explanation why the request was made. It's NOT about the SPEED! IT GIVES A POINT OF REFERENCE. If you know the exact point in which the Aircraft traveled it's fastest in a particular section, you then have the option to cross reference across the log with other categories.

Let's say we are trying to figure out the point at which the Flight Pitch is the fastest. So we find where the Flight Pitch is at -40 degrees. We see the -40 degrees happened to be on Line # 1403. So when we get to Line #1403 hSpeed we find that 4 consecutive lines show the same amount. Let's say lines # 1401, 1402, 1403, 1404 all displayed the speed 29.06. At this point we have no idea if the speed was increasing or decreasing at line #1403, or if any of the other 3 lines were even faster.

Additional numbers on the speed formula gives better detailed resolution. Again, it's not about the physical speed. It's the point in which something takes place.

Btw, for what it's worth, you could leave everything just as it is and I would still be grateful for all you have done. I appreciate your effort.

Last edited:
1. I was not insulting anybody, I asked very kindly.
2. I think you still don't get it. So I will write it one more time. The accuracy of current GPS systems is 1 meter at best. And just because log says, for example, that speed is 12.345 m/s, and 100 ms later log says, that speed is 12.346 m/s, it doesn't mean at all, that aircraft is accelerating. Actually, in that moment, real speed could be 11.999 m/s. Those decimal digits are totally meaningless and can be misleading. But do what you want, I'm done with explaining.

I do get it, and understand what you're saying. The fact is it doesn't matter that the displayed number is not precise. It can be 8, 9, 10 seconds slower then the actual speed of the craft just so long as the rest of the lines are consistent with being off as well. I'm using the number as a point of reference only. I'm not using it to find the actual speed of the craft. Say I'm looking for the slowest point while the craft was at 41 meters altitude.

Can you respond to post #47? (click link)
[TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter

can I provide a txt file so you can make it work with Inspire also?

Attaches is an inspire txt file using ios

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2016-03-19_[11-21-56].txt.zip
    274.6 KB · Views: 464
currently getting this error with inspire file
image.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.