The professional filter set for the Phantom 3

I can't comment on the PolarPro but Rainbowers is doing this non profit and has invested the time and resources to develop something amazing unlike many commercial operators out to make a quick buck. This is an extensive set that has no equal. Solid performer and I don't believe anyone else comes close.

I can't comment on the PolarPro but Rainbowers is doing this non profit and has invested the time and resources to develop something amazing unlike many commercial operators out to make a quick buck. This is an extensive set that has no equal. Solid performer and I don't believe anyone else comes close.

Thank you for the honest feedback. Totally liked! :)

Reactions: Rainbowers
Here's an image of a Hospital I captured this morning using Rainbowers GR4 filter. The filter system works extremely well. No gimbal motor overheats, Horizon stays level and easy to add and subtract filters. For transporting, I remove the filter system and put a camera/gimbal support on the lens. The weights stay on the camera/gimbal.View attachment 31950
very happy with your result, thanks !

Here's an image of a Hospital I captured this morning using Rainbowers GR4 filter. The filter system works extremely well. No gimbal motor overheats, Horizon stays level and easy to add and subtract filters. For transporting, I remove the filter system and put a camera/gimbal support on the lens. The weights stay on the camera/gimbal.View attachment 31950
I hope you liked the 50 % spread of the graduated, that was very hard to produce, as all others produced a graduation over the total surface.

Reactions: numbphoto
Yes very nice subtle grad. Like it a lot. Hope others understand the value of the whole package. You have clearly given a lot of thought to every detail.

Reactions: numbphoto
This filter set is completely awesome! Big ups to Rainbowers for putting this project together! Sorry the review took so long, its been overcast here for the past couple days so i didnt get a chance to really test things out (or photograph the blood moon)- but today was the day!

Heres a video i shot with ND32 - UV - CPL 1080 60fps AUTO with stock camera settings.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
As you can see its a huge improvement over stock UV filter because it allows the shutter to slow down enough to get those nice deep colors without overexposing. With color grading and post effects (still learning!) its possible to make these look even better (esp with LOG color and custom settings).

Heres a video shot with ND16 - GR4 - CPL 1080 60fps AUTO with stock camera settings.
The Gradient does its job very well and the matte box lets it spin and position perfectly.

The gradient filters, positionable matte box, and ability to stack make this kit outstanding! I havn't tried any Polar Pro or other kits but im sure this tops them. Thanks again Rainbowers for hooking us all up!

Last edited:
Quite some vignette in the videos. That does not look good to me.

the vignetting is due to having 3 filters stacked on top of each other. The CPL is the culprit though this issue was known when i bought the set so no worries.

If its really an issue you could shoot everything in 4k and crop the vingette out before transcoding to a lower resolution

This filter set is completely awesome! Big ups to Rainbowers for putting this project together! Sorry the review took so long, its been overcast here for the past couple days so i didnt get a chance to really test things out (or photograph the blood moon)- but today was the day!

Heres a video i shot with ND32 - UV - CPL 1080 60fps AUTO with stock camera settings.
As you can see its a huge improvement over stock UV filter because it allows the shutter to slow down enough to get those nice deep colors without overexposing. With color grading and post effects (still learning!) its possible to make these look even better (esp with LOG color and custom settings).

Heres a video shot with ND16 - GR4 - CPL 1080 60fps AUTO with stock camera settings.
The Gradient does its job very well and the matte box lets it spin and position perfectly.

The gradient filters, positionable matte box, and ability to stack make this kit outstanding! I havn't tried any Polar Pro or other kits but im sure this tops them. Thanks again Rainbowers for hooking us all up!
Really fine you made some comparative shots/footage - I'm also after presenting the same shot with different filters and differing camera settings.
The weather is touchy and my activities are not conducive - I did a littlé last weekend - not enough to show something definable and helpful.

I agree with your remarks in regard to 'rainbowers' excellent initiative which I found through this forum and 'numbphoto' - and I'm very glad to have obtained a set.

We are very happy with your results. A tip, do not combine too much filters, and personally, I never use the polarizer, only the graduated filters to be independent of shooting angle and keep video more natural. But it is a success, thanks.

The polariser is obviously something different for folks like me who know little of its application. I discovered that turning it produces a change in the overall temper - I apologise but I find neither android or ipad screens very subtle to say the least - horrible! Grr... and to oscillate between the fiddly and delicate live gimbal and lens/filter and scream-screen somewhat taxing. Photography has come a long way - colour screen visibility is in its adolescence.
I, surely we, are glad of the shared insight into a possibility of only using the cpl under conditions we have ascertained are appropriate. Also not to fill up the space with filters - 'cause there's still a bit of room left 4 more'!
Photography with a drone is, for me, quite odd.
Tnx4tip

We are very happy with your results. A tip, do not combine too much filters, and personally, I never use the polarizer, only the graduated filters to be independent of shooting angle and keep video more natural. But it is a success, thanks.

I agree there is rarely a need for UV + ND + CPL, except for shooting over water in direct sunlight, but i wanted to 'max out' the system for this trial. I forgot to include a sample video with the stock UV filter to compare, it must have slipped my mind.

Last edited:

Thank you for sharing your findings EsteeNJ. I'll hopefully be putting in my order soon. Liked! :)

Taken with ND8 and Grad 4 filters.
This video shows the quality of filters that Rainbowers has produced. I'm testing them out for a commercial shoot coming up shortly.

Last edited:
Taken with ND8 filter and Grad 4 filters.
This video shows the quality of filters that Rainbowers has produced. I'm testing them out for a commercial shoot coming up shortly.
WOW from Aileen, congratulations from Renaat

Thank you for sharing your findings EsteeNJ. I'll hopefully be putting in my order soon. Liked! :)
We are very happy you all are pleased with our mini matte box ! Super guys, it compensates all the suffers we had to invent and produce them.
The industrial guys as srp and polar pro are not really users, I suppose, this is made by a "user".

Reactions: QaaUz and bobmyers

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31