P3 SE - solution to switching between FCC and CE mode, I used both, and it works for sure!

Was this helpful?

• Yesss!

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • No, useless...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I would like to say a big-big thankyou to all of you, who collaborated to find the final solution to the stable flight in FCC mode in Europe!

I have the evidence, that you can fly with latest firmware (1.5.40) and with App version 3.1.8 in FCC without any problem, no magic before start, just switch on and enjoy the flight.

Today I made two long flights with two full battery – and no problem at all. My favorite place is an abandoned Soviet secret military base. It was the base of mobile rocket defensive units at the top of the hill near my home. The nearest place which accessible with car is 1300 meters from the top of hill. I parked, and started my bird. The hill is about 150 meters high, so I have to rise to 180 meters if I do not want to hang on the tree while filming the bunkers.

Can confirm, that the FPV screen is a bit more laggy as it was with 3.1.23, but it is good usable to control the bird. As I have time will create a video about my flight

This day was great experience, that was what I expected from my expensive toy, that is what I was hoping for.

Thank you Akosss, (I know you already lost your faith in the SE and already sold it – myself was very close to do the same) and thanks again everybody who helped to solve the switch our equipment to a fantastic usable miracle. And even thank you DJI to create this great aircraft ;)

Now, is time to start to enjoy our hobby! :) :)

over_the_base.png

Last edited:
I think many of us have been very close to sell this drone! lol!
Sure I personally lost any faith in dji and their customer care!

Reactions: Mauroat
I think many of us have been very close to sell this drone! lol!
Sure I personally lost any faith in dji and their customer care!
Yep- me too was very close of buying Mi Drone :)))) And i don`t think DJI have a customer care or service at ALL. Support...???? none! That`s actually a great way of losing customers too! The good think is that there are still ambitious people that dig in the mess they come up with- regarding software

Yep- me too was very close of buying Mi Drone :)))) And i don`t think DJI have a customer care or service at ALL. Support...???? none! That`s actually a great way of losing customers too! The good think is that there are still ambitious people that dig in the mess they come up with- regarding software
The DJI moderators are always on time if there is a complaint. But this time they were the big absentees. Actually, they did not respond to any complaints. And that is a shame because the product is good but the service is at a very low level.

The DJI moderators are always on time if there is a complaint. But this time they were the big absentees. Actually, they did not respond to any complaints. And that is a shame because the product is good but the service is at a very low level.
Actually the only big problem with DJI is there software development team- Android especially. They do better with iOS as we all know that DJI GO works better and a lot stable with their drones. Sometimes i even think they do it on purpose to boost Apple products sales in Europe :))))) No offence to iOS fans ;-) I myself was out looking for iPad 2 mini just to fly my drones with.

Hi boys,
I really want to thank for the successful research !!!!!
I already wanted to sell it, but the question is whether someone would buy it reasonably :-(
Today I finally after a long time fly safely ... (f.1.5.40, app 3.1.8)
There are plenty of questions...
if I understood well, we were flying all the time out of the US in fcc mode
(I was hoping in the CE, and it will switch to fcc :))
Do I feel like it switches to everyone? P3, P4, Mavic ???
Have DJI lied to customers all the time that they fly in fcc mode?
After a forced switch to CE, the dron is dangerous and far from meeting the parameters they promised ...
Why the mode switches to version 3.1.23 and return to 3.1.18 does not help?
Litchi wrote twice, they do not have a DJI SDK kit and interest edit the program for "obsolete" dron :-(
Please write to them too, maybe they will be compassionate :)

as an excuse for my bad English (googletransl.) i attach a non-GPS mode image :)))

Thanks!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20171217_135259.jpg
    IMG_20171217_135259.jpg
    400.8 KB · Views: 424
Hi boys,
I really want to thank for the successful research !!!!!
I already wanted to sell it, but the question is whether someone would buy it reasonably :-(
Today I finally after a long time fly safely ... (f.1.5.40, app 3.1.8)
There are plenty of questions...
if I understood well, we were flying all the time out of the US in fcc mode
(I was hoping in the CE, and it will switch to fcc :))
Do I feel like it switches to everyone? P3, P4, Mavic ???
Have DJI lied to customers all the time that they fly in fcc mode?
After a forced switch to CE, the dron is dangerous and far from meeting the parameters they promised ...
Why the mode switches to version 3.1.23 and return to 3.1.18 does not help?
Litchi wrote twice, they do not have a DJI SDK kit and interest edit the program for "obsolete" dron :-(
Please write to them too, maybe they will be compassionate :)

as an excuse for my bad English (googletransl.) i attach a non-GPS mode image :)))

Thanks!!!
Welcome aboard. You have a nice hat for your bird. Fly safely.

Our complaints was, that we wasn't able to hack the equipment, and force it to hurt the European radio emission regulation. If DJI want to sell products in Europe, they have to be compliant to local regulation, and they are not allowed to help us doing this.

It's clear, that the european regulation regarding drones will be always stricter. I think, it's not to far the day, when in many countries we will have to ask for licence for our vehicle because of the many trash, what is available on the market.

I hope that the strategy of DJI will help us to get this licence for this genial technical creation, what we have :)

Just few questions, with post #194 suggestion what happen if you lost signal to bird? Will it switch to CE? Also since 3.1.8 running on 5Ghz FCC what's the max distance can be obtained?
If you use app 3.1.8 your drone will never switch back to CE. Max distance depends, DJI promise 4 km, under real condition is it some lower, but can be even a bit more.

thanks for the answer
I read all post in thread so was confused a little, with 3.1.8 running can I turn on Data on my phone to have internet connection? under what circumstances it will revert back to CE?

btw during the process changing CE to FCC does the drone need to be shielded to not have GPS Signal?

thanks for the answer
I read all post in thread so was confused a little, with 3.1.8 running can I turn on Data on my phone to have internet connection?
Yes, you can, no problem.

under what circumstances it will revert back to CE?
You have to install new app version, if you want to switch again to CE mode

btw during the process changing CE to FCC does the drone need to be shielded to not have GPS Signal?
Yes, you have to shield the drone if you are in Europe, and want to switch to FCC mode

thanks
btw where to find the Heremaps and Amaps
having hard time to find under android
It is not necessary to delete them. If you are in FCC mode just uninstall the app, and install the 3.1.8 version. It will work fine.

Ok,so again not good. I tryed eaiting for 10 minutes, still pic is freezing, and cant get position on aircraft on gps. I dont thinl this is working for me,for some reason,and im mot cery happy to fly when its like this.****

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures