P3 SE - solution to switching between FCC and CE mode, I used both, and it works for sure!

Was this helpful?

• Yesss!

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • No, useless...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yes, in my case the same window to switch WLAN settings will pop up when I lose connection with the AC and it reconnects, just the same way like it does with other versions of the app.

It's strange that you don't have the frequency switch option, i understand you have it with other versions of the app so its not related with phone ability to use 5ghz and can be related to some "mod" to the app?
Yes, i did have the switching option with 3.1.22 and it worked! but the app that i downloaded from the link on the Russian site was 3.1.18 and as you can see there is no switching option. Also when i installed it did not download resource packages from DJI server. Don`t know if it`s apps version related, but with 3.1.22 it downloaded packages first and then unpacked. Will try it for sure tomorrow if it`s not raining to see the range. Russians made it sticky post that instruction for reverting back to FCC and using it without FAKE GPS or any other app. I really hope that they solved this unfair limitation DJI put on SE.

Yes, i did have the switching option with 3.1.22 and it worked! but the app that i downloaded from the link on the Russian site was 3.1.18 and as you can see there is no switching option. Also when i installed it did not download resource packages from DJI server. Don`t know if it`s apps version related, but with 3.1.22 it downloaded packages first and then unpacked. Will try it for sure tomorrow if it`s not raining to see the range. Russians made it sticky post that instruction for reverting back to FCC and using it without FAKE GPS or any other app. I really hope that they solved this unfair limitation DJI put on SE.

My bad, you were talking about 3.1.8 and I understood 3.1.18...Now it's clear the differences with app I am running!

We've tryed with the 3.1.8 version above with "russian moded" firmware 1.3.20.

First we've enabled FakeGPS, turned on remote and AC and connect it. After the wi-fi notfication popped up, we've closed the app without hitting "OK" and deleted it with all the folders and settings and install 3.1.8.

The drone flew 440 m in distance and 200 m in height which is the best distance so far...

After that I've removed the app and repeated the process again but now I've closed the app before the wi-fi notification... Same distance no gains or difference.

I couldn't tell if it's flying in FCC mode, the distance was fair and the longest so far but the area is highly urban, with lots of wi-fi's and buildings again...

You should try it yourself, cause maybe it was flying in FCC mode... gonna check the log file tomorrow.

I think the right way to bypass CE mode is really by hacking the app and not the firmware or including config file to the dji.go folder...

One question: Why does and how do we get that HD icon to show instead of the Wi-Fi icon for Image Transmission Settings, does anybody know?

Anyway, i think we're really close to the solution, cheers ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: psyke
in general i think the DJI GO app sucks! and it`s a shame that a big company like DJI it self cannot provide us with a reliable app to fly our drones! I get the HD icon sometimes as well without any logical explanation...... Could it be because i have DJI GO4 installed as well.....?and somehow the two apps get mixed up...don`t know....
Can`t wait to try the flight distance for my self an see if i am flying in FCC mode.

P.S. after i did the switching, and before i uninstalled the 3.1.22 version i`v checked the 2.4ghz in the DJI GO app and it was showing 11 channels instead of 13 like in CE mode.

Sorry for the double post but I've managed to do some testing.

The drone was set to FCC mode using the techniques mentioned in this thread.
DJI Go was removed, cleared the DJI and .here-maps folders.
Downloaded DJI Go 3.1.8 from the link I've posted in the previous post.

As far as I can tell I couldn't switch back to CE mode using 3.1.8 english version. Had GPS signal on the aircraft and on the device, restarted aircraft under GPS signal, reconnected the phone with GPS signal.

No wifi window was ever prompted. I even disconnected from the drone, switched to my home wifi to fetch the maps and reconnected to the drone wifi with my phone.

The only disadvantage is that you can't set the aircraft - remote controller connection on 2.4ghz but it appears to be stuck in FCC mode on 5ghz.

In the russian forum they use 3.1.8. They're using a russian translated version but my guess is that besides the translation there is nothing else modified. English version should work aswell.
DJI GO--For products before P4 3.1.8 (arm) APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror
Yea, now i` v checked again my DJI GO version and it is actually 3.1.8 and not 3.1.18 sorry for the misleading info in one of my previous posts.... I deleted it so it wont confuse people.

Reactions: psyke
Sorry for the double post but I've managed to do some testing.

The drone was set to FCC mode using the techniques mentioned in this thread.
DJI Go was removed, cleared the DJI and .here-maps folders.
Downloaded DJI Go 3.1.8 from the link I've posted in the previous post.

As far as I can tell I couldn't switch back to CE mode using 3.1.8 english version. Had GPS signal on the aircraft and on the device, restarted aircraft under GPS signal, reconnected the phone with GPS signal.

No wifi window was ever prompted. I even disconnected from the drone, switched to my home wifi to fetch the maps and reconnected to the drone wifi with my phone.

The only disadvantage is that you can't set the aircraft - remote controller connection on 2.4ghz but it appears to be stuck in FCC mode on 5ghz.
did you get a chance to test this setup you have now with 3.1.8 app version and switched FCC mode? It is snowing like hell were i am and i can`t test it for myself.
One more thing we should figure out is how can we switch to 2,4ghz with this 3.1.8 version so we can get even better performance. The main problem is that the RC after restart always switches to 5ghz connection to the AC, coz if it had the ability to memories the last state of set the frequency, we could do the switch with app version that works (3.1.22 for example) and the install the 3.1.8 version and go ahead an use the 2.4ghz connection between RC and AC.

Last edited:
did you get a chance to test this setup you have now with 3.1.8 app version and switched FCC mode? It is snowing like hell were i am and i can`t test it for myself.
One more thing we should figure out is how can we switch to 2,4ghz with this 3.1.8 version so we can get even better performance. The main problem is that the RC after restart always switches to 5ghz connection to the AC, coz if it had the ability to memories the last state of set the frequency, we could do the switch with app version that works (3.1.22 for example) and the install the 3.1.8 version and go ahead an use the 2.4ghz connection between RC and AC.

It's pouring like hell here as well so I didn't do a flight test but I did get 8+ GPS satellites while testing the 3.1.8 app.
The silver lining is that from what I've heard, 2.4ghz connection between RC and AC is bugged anyway on the latest version of the android app. So having 5ghz in FCC is good enough for me. Can't wait to do a test outside.

It's pouring like hell here as well so I didn't do a flight test but I did get 8+ GPS satellites while testing the 3.1.8 app.
The silver lining is that from what I've heard, 2.4ghz connection between RC and AC is bugged anyway on the latest version of the android app. So having 5ghz in FCC is good enough for me. Can't wait to do a test outside.
bummer.... we need that test flight!!! Maybe someone who lives in a dry location could do all this and test it..:rolleyes:

Ok guys, I can CONFIRM THAT THE APP 3.1.8 DOES NOT SWITCH BACK TO CE MODE!
As some noticed there is no way to choose 2.4 or 5 ghz channels in that app version, but it works fine!
I had the chance to check it today and no wlan window showed even if I had gps on.
I've been able to fly well over 500 meters with full signal as you can see.
NOTE: you DON'T need the russian firmware, I used the the original 1.3.20 firmware. I think it should work with the latest too as it's the app that switch ce/fcc modes, I'll check this later.
Sure we actually have a way to solve the weck signal problem, I just hope we will have the 2.4ghz back too somehow!
Screenshot_2017-12-17-15-39-05[1].png
Screenshot_2017-12-17-17-29-40[1].png

Ok guys, I can CONFIRM THAT THE APP 3.1.8 DOES NOT SWITCH BACK TO CE MODE!
As some noticed there is no way to choose 2.4 or 5 ghz channels in that app version, but it works fine!
I had the chance to check it today and no wlan window showed even if I had gps on.
I've been able to fly well over 500 meters with full signal as you can see.
NOTE: you DON'T need the russian firmware, I used the the original 1.3.20 firmware. I think it should work with the latest too as it's the app that switch ce/fcc modes, I'll check this later.
Sure we actually have a way to solve the weck signal problem, I just hope we will have the 2.4ghz back too somehow!
View attachment 92303 View attachment 92304
That is a GREAT news!!! unfortunately i still can`t test it , but i am sure that your test is good enough!

So, in the end the solution to go back to fcc mode is this:

1 - Uninstal Dji Go app from your mobile, also delete DJI folder and the two hidden folders .HereMaps and AMAP

2 - Install Fake Gps, launch and point it to some place in the USA (you need internet connection to see the map) NOTE: Be sure tu only use gps for positioning services!

3 - Install Dji go 3.1.23 or any recent version you want that actually switches from fcc to ce. Launch it and log in then exit app and shut internet connection, better delete any wifi nearby.

4 - Turn receiver on and connect mobile and receiver.

5 - Turn on aircraft and let it bind to receiver

6 - Launch Dji go and enter camera view, wait for the wlan window to show and click OK. Edit** Once the remote restarts gon in the frequency page and check you only have 11 channels under the 2.4ghz option so you are sure you entered fcc mode **

7 - Unistall dji go and delete all the folders as in point 1

8 - Install dji go app 3.1.8 (here is a link Free Download APK File of the DJI GO v3.1.8 for Android - APK4Fun )

9 - launch dji go and log in

Now you can turn fake gps off and you're ready to fly as you always did!
I think there's not realy need of fake gps when you install 3.1.8 version, but I haven't check so this way I'm sure it works!
FIRMWARE version: I used 1.3.20 just because I had this on, but I don't think it will affect the result, I'll check this too later

Last edited:
So, in the end the solution to go back to fcc mode is this:

1 - Uninstal Dji Go app from your mobile, also delete DJI folder and the two hidden folders .HereMaps and AMAP

2 - Install Fake Gps, launch and point it to some place in the USA (you need internet connection to see the map) NOTE: Be sure tu only use gps for positioning services!

3 - Install Dji go 3.1.23 or any recent version you want that actually switches from fcc to ce. Launch it and log in then exit app and shut internet connection, better delete any wifi nearby.

4 - Turn receiver on and connect mobile and receiver.

5 - Turn on aircraft and let it bind to receiver

6 - Launch Dji go and enter camera view, wait for the wlan window to show and click yes

7 - Unistall dji go and delete all the folders as in point 1

8 - Install dji go app 3.1.8 (here is a link Free Download APK File of the DJI GO v3.1.8 for Android - APK4Fun )

9 - launch dji go and log in

Now you can turn fake gps off and you're ready to fly as you always did!
I think there's not realy need of fake gps when you install 3.1.8 version, but I haven't check so this way I'm sure it works!
FIRMWARE version: I used 1.3.20 just because I had this on, but I don't think it will affect the result, I'll check this too later
Just one more step maybe we should do before uninstalling the version we used to switch from CE to FCC.
step 6 1/2 Launch the app again and make sure you have 11 channels in the 2.4ghz frequency-just to be sure that switching actually happened . ;-)
Hope Andy wont mind for adding this.... :)

Just one more step maybe we should do before uninstalling the version we used to switch from CE to FCC.
step 6 1/2 Launch the app again and make sure you have 11 channels in the 2.4ghz frequency-just to be sure that switching actually happened . ;-)
Hope Andy wont mind for adding this.... :)
Right, and done! thanx! ;)

Reactions: StoyanK
I can confirm that FakeGPS is no longer needed once you have 3.1.8 installed. I would actually advise to remove it completely or make sure that it's stopped at all times when attempting to fly.

Once you do have that version installed, you can even connect to your home wifi to download your local maps and use the app normally without any worries.

Hi everibody

Finally I was able to make long range FCC flights with the configuration describen in first post of this topic.
My method was
Config:
FW: 1.3.20
APP: 3.1.18
SIM card disabled
Wifi free area
FakeGPS always on
(I flew in 5 Ghz mode)

I can confirm, that after flying in CE mode deleting App and folders and reinstalling App is not necessary, and doesn't change anything.
With or without reinstall I get the same results.
My sequence starting from CE mode:
  1. switch off AC and RC and stop the App
  2. Start FakeGPS on mobile
  3. Shild down AC so it can not see satelites (I used a big pot lid)
  4. Start AC
  5. Start RC
  6. Connect Wifi on mobile to RC
  7. Start DJI Go, and wait for switching window - if it doesn't switch, stop and restart App until it switches (map have to show fake area)
  8. If switched to FCC mode (control on Wifi switch display, in 2,4 GHz band you have to see 11 channels) unhide satelites
  9. As you see good GPS signal start motor, - pay attention to recoding of start position (it have to happen automacally) map have to show real position
  10. Start quickly and enjoy the stable good quality FPV signal :)
If you start from FCC mode you have to change order - switch on Remote Controller as last
  4. Start AC
  5. Start DJI Go App
  6. Start RC (After app)
  7. Wait for connecting wifi and get camera picture
  8. unhide satelites
  9. As you see good GPS signal start motor, - pay attention to recoding of start position (it have to happen automacally) map have to show real position - If you get wifi switching window go back to first sequence
This way I was able to perform 1300 meter flight with stable, good quality signal, doesn't wanted to go further. In CE mode my drone can't fly more then 500 meter. Changed battery and flew same distance again.
At the same time, while doing these successfull attempts I had several unsuccessful experiments as well. I had two starts with 50 meter limitation (in previous post I described the phenomenon - don't know the reason, possible is related to the low-temperature battery) And one time the drone switched back into CE mode in the air 100 meters ahead of me, as I wanted to start the video recording.

At the moment I can't tell the reason of random switch back phanomenon

As next I will try the sequence from Psycho Andy and 3.1.8 App version

Last edited:
Hi everibody

Finally I was able to make long range FCC flights with the configuration describen in first post of this topic.
My method was
Config:
FW: 1.3.20
APP: 3.1.18
SIM card disabled
Wifi free area
FakeGPS always on
(I flew in 5 Ghz mode)

I can confirm, that after flying in CE mode deleting App and folders and reinstalling App is not necessary, and doesn't change anything.
With or without reinstall I get the same results.
My sequence starting from CE mode:
  4. Start AC
  5. Start RC
  6. Connect Wifi on mobile to RC
  7. Start DJI Go, and wait for switching window - if it doesn't switch, stop and restart App until it switches (map have to show fake area)
  8. If switched to FCC mode (control on Wifi switch display, in 2,4 GHz band you have to see 11 channels) unhide satelites
  9. As you see good GPS signal start motor, - pay attention to recoding of start position (it have to happen automacally) map have to show real position
If you start from FCC mode you have to change order - switch on Remote Controller as last
  4. Start AC
  5. Start DJI Go App
  6. Start RC (After app)
  7. Wait for connecting wifi and get camera picture
  8. unhide satelites
  9. As you see good GPS signal start motor, - pay attention to recoding of start position (it have to happen automacally) map have to show real position - If you get wifi switching window go back to first sequence
This way I was able to perform 1300 meter flight with stable, good quality signal, doesn't wanted to go further. In CE mode my drone can't fly more then 500 meter. Changed battery and flew same distance again.
At the same time, while doing these successfull attempts I had several unsuccessful experiments as well. I had two starts with 50 meter limitation (in previous post I described the phenomenon - don't know the reason, possible is related to the low-temperature battery) And one time the drone switched back into CE mode in the air 100 meters ahead of me, as I wanted to start the video recording.

At the moment I can't tell the reason of random switch back phanomenon

As next I will try the sequence from Psycho Andy and 3.1.8 App version
Just follow the instruction from 194 post and you will be fine with the distance. No need to use Fake GPS when you are flying and keep guessing would it switch to CE in mid flight or will it return back to you if you loose connection. Referring to this post from the Russian site https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=830131&view=findpost&p=68220934 you can upgrade to 1.5.40 and still fly in FCC, just click on the "Спойлер (+)" to see some screen shots. (has to be done under 3.1.8 DJI GO version!) Still to be confirmed from someone here on this site.

Last edited:
Just follow the instruction from 194 post and you will be fine with the distance. No need to use Fake GPS when you are flying and keep guessing would it switch to CE in mid flight or will it return back to you if you loose connection. Referring to this post from the Russian site https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=830131&view=findpost&p=68220934 you can upgrade to 1.5.40 and still fly in FCC (has to be done under 3.1.8 DJI GO version!) Still to be confirmed from someone here on this site.
I will do the test with latest firmware and 3.1.8 version app, and will confirm if it works for me as well

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj