Changing to FCC in the UK

Reaction score
Hi,

I’m thinking of doing the mod this weekend on my P3se.

I’m on the most recent firmware and app using iPhone 7 or iPad. I have had it for about three weeks now and have made no changes to it.

I’m borrowing an android phone over the weekend and having read the various posts about the mod I think that I follow the instructions to download on the android a fake gps app and make sure the android is in developer mode and allow it to use the fake gps location.

I set the location in USA.

Using the most recent version of Go connect up as normal ensuring that I am not using cellular on the android and to block any satellite signal to the AC.

This should now trick the gps and I should see a message to change the settings.

I then think that I can disconnect everything and reset the android device to factory settings (that’s how I’m being given the phone)

I can then connect with litchi on my iPhone and as long as I don’t use dji go on my iPhone it will stay in fcc mode.

Is this the correct procedure?

Also will litchi give me all the features I had in Go such as the camera settings etc and will RTH and Follow me still work?

Would really appreciate your advice and wisdom as feeling nervous about doing it until I’m sure I am approaching it correctly and have no risk of breaking my new equipment.

Thanks all for your time

Reactions: The Epitaph
Also will litchi give me all the features I had in Go such as the camera settings etc and will RTH and Follow me still work?
Not sure on the procedure, however if you have not used Litchi before, I would reccomend you test and get familiar with it before making any changes. There are a few settings that require GO to acheive.

Not sure on the procedure, however if you have not used Litchi before, I would reccomend you test and get familiar with it before making any changes. There are a few settings that require GO to acheive.

Cheers.

I’ll consider purchasing today then. I hear a lot say it doesn’t work with P3se and others say it does with iPhones so hopefully I’ll be ok. Will give it a crack

Hi,
I’m borrowing an android phone over the weekend and having read the various posts about the mod I think that I follow the instructions to download on the android a fake gps app and make sure the android is in developer mode and allow it to use the fake gps location.

I set the location in USA.

Is this the correct procedure?

Keep it simple. Just download '3.1.18 FCC English' (link is external), install it on an Android device, fly about 10 minutes with this app and then you're in FCC mode.

Then you install Litchi on your iOS device and then ... fly.

Keep it simple. Just download '3.1.18 FCC English' (link is external), install it on an Android device, fly about 10 minutes with this app and then you're in FCC mode.

Then you install Litchi on your iOS device and then ... fly.

Awesome, thanks very much.

So just use Litchi and not use GO on iOS?

Last edited:
Yep... after you used the modificated FCC version on Android. Nobody misses the DJI Go app on iOS.

Thanks chatikib.

Download the version in your link on the android then fire up the RC & AC, open the app and fly about for 10mins.

Shut it all down and then open with litchi and I’m all done in FCC mode.

Any risk of bricking the P3se doing this?

Thanks chatikib.

Download the version in your link on the android then fire up the RC & AC, open the app and fly about for 10mins.

Shut it all down and then open with litchi and I’m all done in FCC mode.

Any risk of bricking the P3se doing this?
Not at all. You actually do the same as when you fly in America. Nothing has changed permanently on your drone. When there are problems with your drone, this is still covered by the warranty.

Update:

So I installed the 3.1.18 FCC English on the android at the weekend. Connected to the RC and AC. It came up with the message to say it was a mod version as seen in other posts and i accepted the prompt. Once in DJI Go mod version it say about an update of some kind and ignored it (hope that was right).

Flew a full charge at low height and distance as was nervous of something going wrong.

Shut down as per normal procedure and put battery on charge. Once full went out again and this time used litchi but no improvement on the range so don’t think the mod app has worked.

One thing I did notice on the mod version of go after landing and checking the channels before turning everything off is that I still had 13 and not 11.

What’s your thoughts guys?

I never heard that for anyone would not work the modded 3.1.18 DJI Go app. You downloaded it from correct place? See all necessary informations here in the first post of topic:
Switch to FCC mode in Europe, and fly miles instead of just 300 meters with P3SE

Yeah, followed the link above from chatikib and the instructions.

- 3.1.18 installed on android
- turn on RC, AC
- launch 3.1.18 and sign in
- take off, took to 10m height
- flew around in a circle until battery low warning and landed
- looked at the WiFi settings and still showed 13 channels as thought might not be able check again
- disconnect all
- battery on charge
- turned on RC, AC
- opened litchi on iPhone ensuring no instance of dji Go was running in background
- reached distance of 600m before loss (same location where I did a test run day before on dji go iPhone app using channel 6 on 2.4ghz reaching 800m)

Didn’t use any fake gps as was advised in post earlier in this thread that there was no need when using patched 3.1.18.

I’ll try again tonight when I’m home from work.

Yeah, followed the link above from chatikib and the instructions.

- 3.1.18 installed on android
- turn on RC, AC
- launch 3.1.18 and sign in
- take off, took to 10m height
- flew around in a circle until battery low warning and landed
- looked at the WiFi settings and still showed 13 channels as thought might not be able check again
- disconnect all
- battery on charge
- turned on RC, AC
- opened litchi on iPhone ensuring no instance of dji Go was running in background
- reached distance of 600m before loss (same location where I did a test run day before on dji go iPhone app using channel 6 on 2.4ghz reaching 800m)

Didn’t use any fake gps as was advised in post earlier in this thread that there was no need when using patched 3.1.18.

I’ll try again tonight when I’m home from work.
Connect AC RC and mobile, and try to stay on the ground. The change have to happen in one or two minute. A popup window have to come up and inform you about the change.

Connect AC RC and mobile, and try to stay on the ground. The change have to happen in one or two minute. A popup window have to come up and inform you about the change.

Right I think I know where I went wrong then, a pop up message did appear quickly about updates and i ignored thinking it was going to update to recent version.

Will do that tonight then and let you know how I get on.

One more thing - if you want to fly over 800 meters you have to be outside of inhabited area with many wifi signals, you have to be in direct line with your drone without any object inside, and pointing exactly the drone with the back of your controller. The controller battery have to be on full charge with 4 LED.

This is an old thread but, just in case someone views this before the others, I wanted to share this link. This links to a mod of DJI Go version 3.1.34. To download, you need to enter the password 076
The mod does not change your AC to CE mode, it stays in FCC mode and there are a few users in the forums that testify this (just search the forums for "3.1.14").
When Installed, the app does prompt you that your WiFi settings must be adjusted. You have to select OK or Yes but it doesn't actually change, it remains in FCC (check that there are still only 11 channels and not 13).
In FCC mode, my AC was achieving >10,000ft instead of the 1,700ft in CE mode.
3.1.34 uses MapBox which is pretty rubbish compared to Google Maps and Here Maps and I'm not sure if it caches maps for offline use but other than that, this could be the best and most up to date way of flying in FCC mode.

DJI_MOD

Password: 076

Reactions: skolsky
Who is the source? Don’t like to download and install modded stuff without a reliable source...

Hi,

Did you succeed in changing your drone to FCC mode?

I'm trying it out myself, but I don't feel like I'm doing a good job. I'll go and test it tomorrow.

Kind regards
B.

This mod will become Phantom 3 4K? And Drone should be with old firmware?

Last edited:
So, what kind of distances are people seeing after doing this? In a totally open area I am getting just short of 1,000 metres currently and eager to go further...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl