P3 SE - solution to switching between FCC and CE mode, I used both, and it works for sure!

Was this helpful?

• Yesss!

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • No, useless...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Please try the way I do it:

1- Open fake GPS, set fake location
2- Turn on remote controller
3- Open DJI GO app and push on "camera" when it will open, make sure the map is reflecting your fake location, if not, switch off and then on GPS on phone and try again, if still not close DJI GO and open again, insist until the fake location is reflected on the map inside the app.
4.- Now switch on your aircraft and you should be ready

Somehow, even I deleted .here and DJI folders and reinstalled, with no SIM, no WLAN, fake GPS, the Here map points a red dot roughly where I am. It gets the location from somewhere, can't figure out where. I think it does this on the first time I have to launch Go with internet connection to login. I should try a VPN evasion on that cause.

Litchi working non problem
Sorry for not being clear about my question. I was asking about Android, but anyways.... If you switch to FCC mode with all the tricks and FakeGPS, can you then use Litchi as usual but in FCC mode, or it goes somehow back to CE mode even with Litchi?

Does anybody now how can i try an older version of Litchi. A have payed for the app on the Gstore, but the version there is the latest.

Thanks for taking the time and trying to test this out.
While I greatly appreciate his efforts, I'm not sure if the methods described by akossss would be viable and here's why:

I've found a thread on the hak5 forums where users are reverse engineering the Dji Go4 app in order to force FCC mode. ( Remove CE limits from DJI products and other fun stuff in DJI Go4 )

Here's how he describes the process of determining the location:
1.) check if aircraft has gps -> if yes, use the coords to determine which country (done on phone!)
2.) if 1 failed -> check if mobile has gps ......
3.) if 2 failed -> check if mobile has SIM, if yes look for MCC and determine sim country
4.) if 3 failed -> check if mobile has internet, if yes go to: https://mydjiflight.dji.com/api/v2/geocoder_service/geoip and parse the json result

The problem is that we don't know when these functions are called since some users here have mentioned that they were prompted to adjust WiFi settings mid-flight, upon reconnecting to the aircraft after a disconnection. Obviously flying with the aircraft GPS obstructed and using FakeGPS in order to circumvent steps 1 and 2 would not be a viable/safe solution.

Some users reported that they've found similar function calls made in the DJI Go3 app (the one we're using).
I've searched that thread and I haven't found anyone doing a similar modification to the DJI Go3 app.

So I guess we would need to try to replicate what they're doing with the Dji Go4 app.
how does RTH works with this

hey guys, did anybody tryed with this?
howto:dji_configs [dji.retroroms.info]
I've heard that they've disabled configs in the newer versions of the firmware.

First, a bit of a backstory. I own an older Android device which doesn't support 5ghz wifi and an iOS device (iPad 4 3g, old model aswell) but it supports both 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi.

On the Android device I was only able to use the 5ghz connection between the aircraft and the remote control since the phone had to be connected via the 2.4ghz frequency. With 5ghz on CE mode my range was limited to about 200m. There are some users which have reported problems with switching to 2.4ghz on the Android app. In my case, the switch seemed to work because once I've activated 2.4ghz in the app, I wasn't able to find my phantom access point. This was expected because the phone didn't support 5ghz anyway.

On my iOS device I'm able to use a 2.4ghz connection between the aircraft and the remote control. In CE mode the max distance was approx 720m, which seems a lot more than the expected 500m.
I believe it could have gone a bit further and cancel the RTH but I've stopped there.

Here's my experience with switching to FCC mode.
In order to switch to FCC mode I've followed the same steps mentioned by users in this thread.

On the Android Device:
1. Uninstalled the DJI Go app, removed the heremaps and dji folders from the phones storage.
2. Installed FakeGPS, configured it to a random location in the US.
3. Installed DJI Go, logged into the DJI account.
4. Closed the DJI Go app, started airplane mode (no wifi or mobile connection), made sure FakeGPS is still running, removed the credentials to my home access point so it doesn't auto-connect.
5. Started the remote control, while the airplane mode was still enabled - switched the phone wifi on, started the DJI Go app and connected
6. Started the aircraft, the wlan window appeared in the DJI go app, wifi restarted, FCC mode was successfully enabled since the 2.4 ghz mode had 11 channels available.

Nothing new so give all the thanks to the wonderful people in this thread who deserve the credit for figuring these steps out.
At this point I've closed everything and switched to the iOS device. I connected everything in the following order (RC turned on, iPad connected to the RC access point, aircraft started). Once connected, the iOS obviously found the drone in FCC mode and as far as I could tell, it remained in the FCC mode.

I never did anything to hide my GPS location on the iOS device. Even more, I made sure was near a window and I had some GPS signal on the iPad and on the aircraft.
The iOS app has switched back to CE mode only in one instance: while being in FCC mode, I switched the frequency from 5ghz to 2.4ghz. That disconnected the iPad from the RC and it automatically connected to my home wifi. Upon reconnecting to the RC access point, I was prompted with the wifi dialog.

So I went back to the Android device and this time I haven't uninstalled anything. Just started FakeGPS, stared airplane mode, started wifi, connected to the drone in the way mentioned in the steps above, bam, back to FCC mode.

Back on the iOS device I removed the home wifi so it doesn't auto-connect to it and started some tests. I haven't managed to bring the wlan toggle to CE mode. I tried to gain genuine GPS signal to both the iPad and the aircraft. I also tried to shut down the aircraft and let restart while everything else was connected in order to simulate a signal loss/reconnection and I wasn't propted with a wlan window at all.

I'm guessing that RTH should work without any problems since the GPS of the iPad wasn't tempered with at all. The location of the RC and the aircraft was accurate on the map while remaining in FCC mode and while reconnecting to the drone.

I will try to do a real flight test tomorrow and come back with the results.

I do realize that this is not helpful to many because I don't think everyone has Android and iOS devices lying around but I sure hope this helps in some way.

There are some users on the russian forum ( Dji Phantom 3 SE обсуждение - 4PDA ) claiming that on Android, the 3.1.8 version of the DJI Go app is the last one which can not toggle from FCC to CE. Basically they're suggesting that once you've set the FCC mode through the methods mentioned here, you can uninstall the app and install the version 3.1.8 from an apk ( DJI GO--For products before P4 3.1.8 (arm) APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror )

Has anyone had the chance to verify this?

I've heard that they've disabled configs in the newer versions of the firmware.

First, a bit of a backstory. I own an older Android device which doesn't support 5ghz wifi and an iOS device (iPad 4 3g, old model aswell) but it supports both 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi.

On the Android device I was only able to use the 5ghz connection between the aircraft and the remote control since the phone had to be connected via the 2.4ghz frequency. With 5ghz on CE mode my range was limited to about 200m. There are some users which have reported problems with switching to 2.4ghz on the Android app. In my case, the switch seemed to work because once I've activated 2.4ghz in the app, I wasn't able to find my phantom access point. This was expected because the phone didn't support 5ghz anyway.

On my iOS device I'm able to use a 2.4ghz connection between the aircraft and the remote control. In CE mode the max distance was approx 720m, which seems a lot more than the expected 500m.
I believe it could have gone a bit further and cancel the RTH but I've stopped there.

Here's my experience with switching to FCC mode.
In order to switch to FCC mode I've followed the same steps mentioned by users in this thread.

On the Android Device:
1. Uninstalled the DJI Go app, removed the heremaps and dji folders from the phones storage.
2. Installed FakeGPS, configured it to a random location in the US.
3. Installed DJI Go, logged into the DJI account.
4. Closed the DJI Go app, started airplane mode (no wifi or mobile connection), made sure FakeGPS is still running, removed the credentials to my home access point so it doesn't auto-connect.
5. Started the remote control, while the airplane mode was still enabled - switched the phone wifi on, started the DJI Go app and connected
6. Started the aircraft, the wlan window appeared in the DJI go app, wifi restarted, FCC mode was successfully enabled since the 2.4 ghz mode had 11 channels available.

Nothing new so give all the thanks to the wonderful people in this thread who deserve the credit for figuring these steps out.
At this point I've closed everything and switched to the iOS device. I connected everything in the following order (RC turned on, iPad connected to the RC access point, aircraft started). Once connected, the iOS obviously found the drone in FCC mode and as far as I could tell, it remained in the FCC mode.

I never did anything to hide my GPS location on the iOS device. Even more, I made sure was near a window and I had some GPS signal on the iPad and on the aircraft.
The iOS app has switched back to CE mode only in one instance: while being in FCC mode, I switched the frequency from 5ghz to 2.4ghz. That disconnected the iPad from the RC and it automatically connected to my home wifi. Upon reconnecting to the RC access point, I was prompted with the wifi dialog.

So I went back to the Android device and this time I haven't uninstalled anything. Just started FakeGPS, stared airplane mode, started wifi, connected to the drone in the way mentioned in the steps above, bam, back to FCC mode.

Back on the iOS device I removed the home wifi so it doesn't auto-connect to it and started some tests. I haven't managed to bring the wlan toggle to CE mode. I tried to gain genuine GPS signal to both the iPad and the aircraft. I also tried to shut down the aircraft and let restart while everything else was connected in order to simulate a signal loss/reconnection and I wasn't propted with a wlan window at all.

I'm guessing that RTH should work without any problems since the GPS of the iPad wasn't tempered with at all. The location of the RC and the aircraft was accurate on the map while remaining in FCC mode and while reconnecting to the drone.

I will try to do a real flight test tomorrow and come back with the results.

I do realize that this is not helpful to many because I don't think everyone has Android and iOS devices lying around but I sure hope this helps in some way.

Two Things:

1 - the config file, as far as I found in that page, is not firmware relatated, but it is a config file for the app, actually works under dji go 4 and I don't know if it works under the 3 version, I'll check as soon as I have good weather and a little time! ;)

2 - there seems to be a connection between the wlan switching and the frequencies used: when I recevied the Ac I had no problems flying over 1000 meters just using the 2.4ghz but now if I try to switch from 5 to 2.4 my tab and phone will no longer see the receiver wifi.
People with ios devices seems not to suffer from this issue and they still can fly over 1000 meters in ce mode.
I just can't figure out why the 2.4 ghz is no longer working with android devices!

BUT what you wrote made think about something: did anybody tryed denying "phone access" tyo the dji app? this might be the reason why in ios the switch happens only if a internet wifi or mobila data are "reached", while it always show on android systems, but it's just a guess, I may be totally wrong!

Reactions: psyke
Andy, if you use app such as "wifi analyzer" to check what frequencies there are, bare in mind, that if your connection between AC and RC is made trough 5ghz in the app "wifi analyzer" you will only see 2.4ghz SSID of the RC As soon as you choose the 2.4ghz frequency inside the DJI GO app, and the connection between the AC and RC is made through 2.4ghz in your "wifi analyzer" app you will only see the 5ghz SSID of the RC and 2.4ghz is not there anymore . I tried that and that`s how i found out, that you cannot see the frequency that makes the connection between AC and RC if they are connected. Last night i did what the Russian site suggested for going back to FCC mode and keeping it but a don`t have the chance now to test it outside.
1. Used 3.1.22 DJI GO app and FakeGPS procedure to switch to FCC (11 channels in 2.4ghz range)

2. uninstalled it, deleted all the folders related to it, including the here maps one.
3. downloaded the 3.1.18 app from the link that they posted and installed the app. I think it` s some kind different from others, because it just started extracting the "resource package" without needing to connect to DJI servers.

4. i started the DJI GO app, logged in and did not see the wifi switching window- Fake GPS was OFF
On the Russian site they have instruction for doing all this.

The bad thing is that there is no frequency switching option it that version (3.1.18) so i cannot be sure what is going on.... I assume that the connection between the AC and RC is now 5ghz because i can see the 2.4ghz in the "wifi analyzer" app.

Andy, if you use app such as "wifi analyzer" to check what frequencies there are, bare in mind, that if your connection between AC and RC is made trough 5ghz in the app "wifi analyzer" you will only see 2.4ghz SSID of the RC As soon as you choose the 2.4ghz frequency inside the DJI GO app, and the connection between the AC and RC is made through 2.4ghz in your "wifi analyzer" app you will only see the 5ghz SSID of the RC and 2.4ghz is not there anymore . I tried that and that`s how i found out, that you cannot see the frequency that makes the connection between AC and RC if they are connected. Last night i did what the Russian site suggested for going back to FCC mode and keeping it but a don`t have the chance now to test it outside.
1. Used 3.1.22 DJI GO app and FakeGPS procedure to switch to FCC (11 channels in 2.4ghz range)

2. uninstalled it, deleted all the folders related to it, including the here maps one.
3. downloaded the 3.1.18 app from the link that they posted and installed the app. I think it` s some kind different from others, because it just started extracting the "resource package" without needing to connect to DJI servers.

4. i started the DJI GO app, logged in and did not see the wifi switching window- Fake GPS was OFF
On the Russian site they have instruction for doing all this.

The bad thing is that there is no frequency switching option it that version (3.1.18) so i cannot be sure what is going on.... I assume that the connection between the AC and RC is now 5ghz because i can see the 2.4ghz in the "wifi analyzer" app.

I am using the 3.1.18 version of the app and there is indeed frequency switching option, also can and does switch to CE mode...

Screenshot_20171216-204719.png

Screenshot_20171216-204633.png

I am using the 3.1.18 version of the app and there is indeed frequency switching option, also can and does switch to CE mode...

View attachment 92279

View attachment 92278

Well...i don`t have the option to switch between 5 and 2.4ghz
Screenshot_20171216-221543.png

About switching, will have to check. Its raining very hard now, and it`s dark, but tomorrow if the conditions allow it i will do it. Does the same window pop up for switching? coz on the Russian site they clame that 3.1.8 does not have the switching capability...

Last edited:
Well...i don`t have the option to switch between 5 and 2.4ghz
View attachment 92282
About switching, will have to check. Its raining very hard now, and it`s dark, but tomorrow if the conditions allow it i will do it. Does the same window pop up for switching? coz on the Russian site they clame that 3.1.18 does not have the switching capability...

Yes, in my case the same window to switch WLAN settings will pop up when I lose connection with the AC and it reconnects, just the same way like it does with other versions of the app.

It's strange that you don't have the frequency switch option, i understand you have it with other versions of the app so its not related with phone ability to use 5ghz and can be related to some "mod" to the app?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaz_12