oops! Flashed p3p camera with p3s firmware.

Update:
Just to clarify, since installing a new camera I was prompted to update camera firmware at every startup. The sd card I had installed before this flight had a different firmware bin file on it. I'm not sure at this point if it was for a standard or an advanced . I have numerous cards and had recently updated a standard and advanced models. So when I fired up the phantom pro the monitor message read " opening zip file". That was my oh **** moment when I realized what was happening. The camera image went Way south. Large pixels on the entire display that was bad, bad, bad. I formatted the disk and installed the proper update bin file. This helped but I still had a bad image. Just not quite as bad. I then uninstalled and re installed the GO app. This also helped somewhat.
Then HUNCH sent me a debug file which along with the proper firmware file I loaded on an sd card and flashed the pro again. It too 32 minutes! SUCCESS!!
Thank you HUNCH. Back up and flying.

Congrats!
So you never flashed P3C firmware, just one of the new P3X firmwares, version above V01.07.0060.

HUNCH sent me a debug file which along with the proper firmware file

Would you mind telling us which version of the firmware was proper for you?

So when I fired up the phantom pro the monitor message read " opening zip file".
so the AC unzips a zipped firmware file? i always thought that we had to unzip it first and use an unzipped file on the sd card. is this a new thing?

for
Yes members here use P3S, P3A, P3P etc but DJI wrote the firmware names. (P3 standard firmware is written P3C) mefistotelis (That 1 guy) has it right. He knows his stuff. It is thanks to him and a few others, we have been able to dissect all these firmwares and make changes.
sure not saying anything about that guy im sure he's a genius. just dont know why @quaddamage singled me out for the comment about P3S when I never even used it in the thread to that point.
same thing happened to me the other day when some military guy nigel something singled me out for thinking someone was using go4 even though 2 or 3 other people did the same thing before I did. maybe i need to be tougher and less of a punching bag. jk its all good just some internet forum jokers.

just dont know why @quaddamage singled me out for the comment about P3S when I never even used it in the thread to that point.

@JoBe, you're taking things too much to yourself. It was meant a general comment, but reading it again I admit it looks a bit like it was directed to you.

I apologise for making you feel uncomfortable. I read the forum in-between other tasks, and while I usually read what I wrote before posting, I rarely have time to read it enough times to avoid misinterpretation.

I agree you never misused the term P3S, or at least I've never seen such misuse ;).

Reactions: JoBe
@JoBe

Your name IS quite close to the man in the Bible who seems to have suffered more than anyone else in the Old Testament AND was tortured more by his non-understanding “friends”. I’m talking about Job, as you have probably guessed already. [emoji56]
No offense intended.

Reactions: JoBe
@JoBe, you're taking things too much to yourself. It was meant a general comment, but reading it again I admit it looks a bit like it was directed to you.

I apologise for making you feel uncomfortable. I read the forum in-between other tasks, and while I usually read what I wrote before posting, I rarely have time to read it enough times to avoid misinterpretation.

I agree you never misused the term P3S, or at least I've never seen such misuse ;).
its cool bruh. thnx.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures