Is there anyone that can fix an ESC error?

Reaction score
I crashed my p4 and after the crash it still flew perfectly. The body was damaged so i replaced it, and i (tried) sanding the coating off the motor wires (i spliced them). If there is anyone that I can ship this too, or that can help me please contact me. When I connect the controller it says cannot take off esc error, and all of the esc's are offline. PLEASE HELP!!!!

EMAIL: [email protected]

Phone Number: 856-839-6559

I need to fix this urgently I have a project that is coming up very soon!

Send it to DJI. Their prices aren't too bad. Expect to pay a little extra wherever you go, it almost always ends up costing more when the customer has had a go at it first. Sometimes the job isn't worth doing depending on how butchered it is. In this case it shouldn't be an issue if all you have done is cut the fly leads on the motors (you will probably end up having to pay for new motors though).

I sent mine in to Expert Drones in Va. If you search ESC Error on the internet most will say a Mother Board replacement. You will need to get your own bid for damages. They are not cheap,to fix though.

Send it to DJI. Their prices aren't too bad. Expect to pay a little extra wherever you go, it almost always ends up costing more when the customer has had a go at it first. Sometimes the job isn't worth doing depending on how butchered it is. In this case it shouldn't be an issue if all you have done is cut the fly leads on the motors (you will probably end up having to pay for new motors though).
Okay so I cut the motor wires halfway from the connection to the esc's. I don't see how the motors or the esc's would be affected, unless someone how the heat transferred through the wires and damaged the motors or the esc's. I don't know what to do because if I buy new motors and it doesn't end up working, I will be screwed. My parents know there is something wrong with the esc, but they don't know the whole story behind it. And I don't know how I would be able to ship it to dji.

The ESC error might simply be that the connections to the motors are unsatisfactory. I am saying that a competent repair outfit probably won't be comfortable performing a connection part way along the motor fly leads. DJI definitely won't. They will likely replace the motors so the connections can be performed at the ESC boards. Unless you have managed to create a dead short in your wiring the ESC's are probably ok.

The ESC error might simply be that the connections to the motors are unsatisfactory. I am saying that a competent repair outfit probably won't be comfortable performing a connection part way along the motor fly leads. DJI definitely won't. They will likely replace the motors so the connections can be performed at the ESC boards. Unless you have managed to create a dead short in your wiring the ESC's are probably ok.
Okay, so you are saying that maybe replacing the motors will fix it.

If you crashed the drone you need to find out what motors were affected. That annoying beep, beep, beep at start up is a sound made by the motor. Just because it says error on all four esc motors doesn't mean all or bad. At start up it cycle checks in this order always.. 4,2,3,1. I had a bad esc for motor 4 and 1 right side. I knew the esc was only having a problem with motor 1, is the beeping and flashing red led only on that arm of drone. Since motor 4 is the first motor tested on the bad ear at start up failure for all esc occurs. Try to track down which motor is beeping, flashing red, or twitching as I call it. Dji p4 motors rarely go bad but I replace them them if I crack open the case, 20 dollars a motor not too bad and a rest or assurance. You can do it yourself if you have some knowledge or send it in. They will replace the esc board and possibly the motors. There's you tube videos on opening the case and they are very knowledgeable. Gotta have a good soldering gun, solder and patience. You working on a small board and it's easy to melt the capacitor with the side of the gun. Connections to solder are close together. The power and ground wire are a ***** if you don't have a board holder and even then. Splicing motor wires to save time? There's alot of juice going to those motors, rather have a solid connection. Hope this helps... Also Blade strikes with ground, tree, Bush, finger, dog, cat, ect while motors are running=equals blown MOSFET circuit aka bad ESC board.... Fix this problem DJI

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31