P4P ESC Error after Shell Replacement

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I had a little crash with my P4P the other day, bent the gimble arm and dented the shell a little (mainly cosmetic). I replaced the yaw arm to fix the VPS error.

While I was at it I went ahead and replaced the shell, before putting the bottom shell back on I threw the battery to test everything out and make sure it was working. No red lights, thought all was good.

After I finished putting the bottom shell on and gimble too. I fired it up and connected to my phone - there pops up ESC error on ALL 4 motors.... HELP! All there is no sound when I start up the drone now, there was before I put the shell on.

Did I fry all 4 motors? Or both ESC boards? Or is it possible that my soldering wasn't connecting the wires well enough.

thanks in advance

Probably the soldering job, if you clipped the ends of the motor wires. The motor wires have a thin coating of enamel on each strand. You have to scrape each strand clean to make the solder take to the wires.

Probably the soldering job, if you clipped the ends of the motor wires. The motor wires have a thin coating of enamel on each strand. You have to scrape each strand clean to make the solder take to the wires.

I remove the motor wires from the ESC board rather than clipping the wires. Do I still need to scrap the ends of the wires clean?

Can this cause a short in the power? Now the drone won't even fire up...

If they were already tinned, they should have been relatively easy to solder, without the scraping. You may need a pro at this point.

yep, I double and triple checked the wires to ensure they are in the proper locations.

I'm afraid I am have shorted something out by firing up the drone. I know the soldering was on tight and in the correct spots,

yep, I double and triple checked the wires to ensure they are in the proper locations.

I'm afraid I am have shorted something out by firing up the drone. I know the soldering was on tight and in the correct spots,
check flex cable from MC to 3in1 and from 3in1 to ESC

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4