Old Problem, Is There Any Up To Date Way Of Resolving It? ESC Error

Reaction score
I have been repairing a crashed P3 Pro. On completion and powering up I had messages to calibrate the IMU and calibrate the Compass. IMU calibrated no problem. Compass showed an error. I demagnetised it, re-calibrated it and it calibrated.
So everything looked good to go. Without the props on I attempted a take off and got an ESC Error message. This doesn't resolve on trying to restart. I had a similar issue with an Inspire 1 V2, which I resolved by swapping out the four motors and associated ESC boards. With the P3 Pro the ESCs are within the main board, so not an easy swap out. On Phantom Pilots and You Tube there are many posts about this being a Firmware issue. (I still don't understand how DJI can so glibly issue out updated Firmware that trashes so many peoples' drones - it is not good business promotion). I saw that downgrading the Firmware used to be an option but with the issue of V01.11.02 DJI effectively blocked this process. I then saw the use of a Word file in addition to the Firmware you were looking to downgrade to as the solution. I tried going back to V01.10 but on start up the camera calibrates then nothing more happens, no sounds of any computer activity. On checking the SD card it now has a Report file that says V01.11.02 does not allow any changes to the Firmware. So two questions; 1. Can this be resolved by swapping out the main board? 2. Is there an up to date, tried and tested way of resolving the Firmware situation? Please do not suggest re-flashing the ESCs. I am a unbolt / bolt on type of guy, that sort of thing is way beyond my understanding and capability. Appreciate your time, Martin

After posting the above I found a link to a Firmware update P3X_FW_V01.11.0030.bin I downloaded it to an SD card and inserted it into my P3X. It downloaded - deep joy! Once it finished I powered up everything, the FW was updated on the drone. I went to the main screen and attempted a propeller less take off, "ESC Error!!!!!" Deep Despair! I checked the SD card and the report said the FW update had been a success. Is this not a FW issue? Do I need to downgrade to FW_V01.0010? Or is it a mainboard which needs replacing? Thanks for more of your time, Martin

Reactions: Stanzp4p
After posting the above I found a link to a Firmware update P3X_FW_V01.11.0030.bin I downloaded it to an SD card and inserted it into my P3X. It downloaded - deep joy! Once it finished I powered up everything, the FW was updated on the drone. I went to the main screen and attempted a propeller less take off, "ESC Error!!!!!" Deep Despair! I checked the SD card and the report said the FW update had been a success. Is this not a FW issue? Do I need to downgrade to FW_V01.0010? Or is it a mainboard which needs replacing? Thanks for more of your time, Martin
Are the motors starting up?

No, the motors do not start. The app shows everything is good, the Start/GPS field is green. Press take off and slide the bar in the centre of the screen and the ESC Error appears. The motors do not so much as twitch. Do you have a solution????

No, the motors do not start. The app shows everything is good, the Start/GPS field is green. Press take off and slide the bar in the centre of the screen and the ESC Error appears. The motors do not so much as twitch. Do you have a solution????
Yes, sounds like the board needs to be replaced.

to fix this error I downloaded this bin which I saved to onedrive and here is a link phantom 3 0090 FIX bin.rar This started motors, then I upgraded to P3X_FW_V01.11.0030.bin. I did same procedure to three of my phantoms.
If doing this doesn't fix the issue then you might need a different board but I'm absolutely sure this will fix your esc error. I even made a video what to do during downgrade/upgrade.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
to fix this error I downloaded this bin which I saved to onedrive and here is a link phantom 3 0090 FIX bin.rar This started motors, then I upgraded to P3X_FW_V01.11.0030.bin. I did same procedure to three of my phantoms.
If doing this doesn't fix the issue then you might need a different board but I'm absolutely sure this will fix your esc error. I even made a video what to do during downgrade/upgrade.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
can you pretty please re-llink the repair FW. it goes to a file doesn't exist now

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31