How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

So I performed the mod,..I think??

I got to step two and had a telnet error and remembered I had forgot to run as administrator, went back into app as administrator and it step one to restart and it ran for a sec and finished saying enjoy your new mod? I compared what I had on my screen compared to what the video shown and it was the same,..am I good to go?? Is that it? Just go fly??

This is only for 2.4Ghz
No offense, but I'd like to hear that from @PapaTita. I know it's always been like this, but MP 5.3 has an option to set the Region Code to US, and I'm wondering what that does exactly. If it effectively overrides the GPS location detection and makes the P3S think to be always in US (FCC mode), then 5.8GHz might be affected too.

No offense, but I'd like to hear that from @PapaTita. I know it's always been like this, but MP 5.3 has an option to set the Region Code to US, and I'm wondering what that does exactly. If it effectively overrides the GPS location detection and makes the P3S think to be always in US (FCC mode), then 5.8GHz might be affected too.
No offense it's been discussed several times in the thread what spectrums are affected.

Tested: p3s w/ argtec mod and magic power mod.

3600' lost control over a/c and rth what is odd and unexpected is I never lost video, it didn't even get choppy?

Reactions: PapaTita
So what does that US Region Code option do, exactly?
Basically removes two options.
Removes channel 13.
Removes scan from 13-1.
I tried the bo option to see if any of my devices would be able recognize ch 13 & was unsuccessful. I resorted back to US & auto scan & everything worked as intended.

Reactions: 0v3rrid3
Basically removes two options.
Removes channel 13.
Removes scan from 13-1.
I tried the bo option to see if any of my devices would be able recognize ch 13 & was unsuccessful. I resorted back to US & auto scan & everything worked as intended.
Thanks for the explanation, too bad they haven't figured out a way to go around the GPS location detection, and make it work at FCC levels in CE areas. That would be the perfect hack.

Thanks for the explanation, too bad they haven't figured out a way to go around the GPS location detection, and make it work at FCC levels in CE areas. That would be the perfect hack.

That is exactly what happens! You tell me that my P3S gets out to 1510m after MP but before that it only 220m? Now I can reach 1550m! Not just 1km, but even further again! There is no way on earth anyone in a CE region has got there drone to 1.5km video or no video. I set my as Japan and put it at channel 13 only then went out of town.

Papa tita has confirmed with me that it is thought to do so but not proven. Well if my stock standard P3S with only MP run on it can get to 1510m that is 110% proof in the pudding! FCC it is.

Attachments

• AA best.png
    AA best.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 524
Not to mention that the exact way that the video is tricked by MP (Into "FCC" power) is by Fooling/Mock location setting that it keeps pinging it as being in the Country you set in MP.

Do you really think that it can boost to 27dbm (FCC) 2.4ghz in a CE area without fooling it? This is exactly how it works, as it does it's geo location check it now believes it is in corrosponding country and adjust's the remotes output levels (notice I say levels?).

It doesn't run a check and say ok my 2.4ghz (Video) is in Japan/America so I won't restrict it back to a CE standard. But wait my 5.8ghz (RC) is in Australia so I better not let them have the 19dbm associated with an FCC.

It runs a script from what I understand that on startup and periodically afterwards checks location for which it then decides to restrict or not restrict both outputs. Papa added a file that it now checks for and then it now tells the system what you set it for in MP.

VIOLA!

That is exactly what happens! You tell me that my P3S gets out to 1510m after MP but before that it only 220m? Now I can reach 1550m! Not just 1km, but even further again! There is no way on earth anyone in a CE region has got there drone to 1.5km video or no video. I set my as Japan and put it at channel 13 only then went out of town.
Papa tita has confirmed with me that it is thought to do so but not proven. Well if my stock standard P3S with only MP run on it can get to 1510m that is 110% proof in the pudding! FCC it is.

I don't understand why @PapaTita doesn't clarify this, once and for all. There are people like @cadeet that swear MP boosts the video feed only, while you seem to have pretty convincing evidence that the 5.8GHz control signal got affected, too. Hence my confusion.

Do you really think that it can boost to 27dbm (FCC) 2.4ghz in a CE area without fooling it? This is exactly how it works, as it does it's geo location check it now believes it is in corrosponding country and adjust's the remotes output levels (notice I say levels?).

Well, apparently not only it's possible, it's definitely the way Icarus works. I tested it myself: video feed was greatly improved (27dBm in CE area), control signal remained weak, max 600m, where I passed 1km here in US (FCC area). So there is a way to boost the 2.4GHz signal without affecting the 5.8GHz.

I set my as Japan and put it at channel 13 only then went out of town.

Could you tell me exactly what MP settings are you using, to reach 1500m in CE? I don't have any plan for another EU trip at the moment, but I'd like to know. Here's a screenshot of MP 5.3, as a reference, with the advanced options exposed:

MP53.jpg

Could you tell me exactly what MP settings are you using, to reach 1500m in CE? I don't have any plan for another EU trip at the moment, but I'd like to know. Here's a screenshot of MP 5.3, as a reference, with the advanced options exposed:

View attachment 85847

I am not 100% sure on Region

But TX power 27,
Either BO or USA (pretty sure I went USA)
Then I went with channel 13 only option.

Which ever region it was I went with, that region wasn't meant to work with CH.13 but it worked great.

I think I went BO, Then changed it to USA.

If not it is the other way around, but both worked well. The channel 13 option here in Australia made a good difference.

Is it working on phantom 3 se, did someone try it?
Magic Power 5.3 worked for me on my Phantom 3 Std . Latest firmware and Go versions. Only one test flight, but I got my range back and flew the entire battery without an app disconnect. I was never losing RC control. Just image and app connection. Wasn't working since April.

Magic Power 5.3 worked for me on my Phantom 3 Std . Latest firmware and Go versions. Only one test flight, but I got my range back and flew the entire battery without an app disconnect. I was never losing RC control. Just image and app connection. Wasn't working since April.
I know that it working for standard, but I was asking about SE. P3 standard and p3 SE are similar but different models.

i really apreciate [user]PapaTita[/user].
I bought my P3S yersterday, i charged it and i went for a fly, in the city, i could get only 80m distance and 30m altitude, and it lost signal, i had sight of view. So i was really angry.
The P3S came with firm 1.8.1 and as I already saw a youtube video from Papa Tita flying with 1.9.2 + magicpower i decide to try. After a few tries and 2 hours, i could get my drone with 1.9.2 (i had a lot of problems updating, from sd, always fail, from celphone via wifi it fail, and i got an alarm, well, finally i could get it to 1.9.2 by sd, formating via usb cable directrly from the drone).
I didnt went to try how it works, i just did the mod from Papa Tita, and get my P3S to FCC, with magicpower and let the default values 24db.
So the night arrived, I recalibrate everything and i did my 2nd flight. i could get 120m (because I set a max) and 350m distance. I was at my house in the city, there were some 4 or 5 floors buildings, a lot of cables and houses.

first flight in the city with stock 1.8.1
39c937da0e.png

Rage and update to 1.9.2 + magicpower default 24db
68b099e5df.png

second flight with new firm + magicpower
a8553b46f8.png

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members