How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

Does anyone know if Magic Power v5.0 mod causes the battery life on the drone to run down quicker,shorter flight times after enhancing the TX Power signal..Just curious..If not too bad I might give er a whirl on my standard....

Does anyone know if Magic Power v5.0 mod causes the battery life on the drone to run down quicker,shorter flight times after enhancing the TX Power signal..Just curious..If not too bad I might give er a whirl on my standard....
Been using it for a while now. Couldn't tell any difference in flight time.

Hi. I've just joined. I recently bought the p3s and was very disappointed with he range which was a mere 300m at best 400m in an unpopulated area. I bought the argtek antenna mod and then did the power magic 5.3+ mod up to 26dbm for the drone and rc.
After one range test I got 1500.
Very impressive. Thank you very much Papatita. You have made many people very happy.
I just have one question about it. I know it's only for the 2.4ghz part of the remote. Is there a way to increase the power output of the 5.8ghz too? I know 5.8ghz naturally has a shorter range so it would be good if this could be increased beyond fcc levels too or even to match fcc as I'm in Ireland which is CE unfortunately.
Just on another note, on one range test when I lost signal the screen said returning to home followed by "return to home failed/timeout"
But it did come back anyway. I was panicking but after a minute the signal was back and I noticed it was half way back already. Why did it say it failed and timed out even though it did come back anyway? Makes me a little nervous to try another range tesr.

Just one more question. I am getting alerts to upgrade to latest firmware but I am on 1.9.20 already. Does anyone know of a new one out in recent days?
If there is and I update, will I need to run the mod again and is it compatible?
Thanks

Pardon me if this has already been asked, but I do not have a computer. I have an iPad Pro 12.9" I use for everything now. Can this mod be done from an iPad? If yes, is there a tutorial?

Thanks!

Hi. I've just joined. I recently bought the p3s and was very disappointed with he range which was a mere 300m at best 400m in an unpopulated area. I bought the argtek antenna mod and then did the power magic 5.3+ mod up to 26dbm for the drone and rc.
After one range test I got 1500.
Very impressive. Thank you very much Papatita. You have made many people very happy.
I just have one question about it. I know it's only for the 2.4ghz part of the remote. Is there a way to increase the power output of the 5.8ghz too? I know 5.8ghz naturally has a shorter range so it would be good if this could be increased beyond fcc levels too or even to match fcc as I'm in Ireland which is CE unfortunately.
Just on another note, on one range test when I lost signal the screen said returning to home followed by "return to home failed/timeout"
But it did come back anyway. I was panicking but after a minute the signal was back and I noticed it was half way back already. Why did it say it failed and timed out even though it did come back anyway? Makes me a little nervous to try another range tesr.

If in Magic power you set your drone to Japan or US you will find like you already have that you can get 1.5km+. Now before that you would of lost full signal at that 300m mark and caused a return to home. If it only boosted 2.4ghz then all you would get is clear live feed up to around 400m then still get that return to home. I am in CE Australia and went from 200m RTH to 1500m and still a good couple of bars (just hard to stay aligned with the drone) so it's non-consistency caused an RTH and that is all just on a stock standard P3 no mods apart from MP.

On my own note, how doew MP work in with DJI's new DJI GO update etc? Do I upgrade with drone in MP state or should I revert to standard settings and then re-flash MP?

Thanks, I did read here though somewhere that it only boosts the 2.4ghz part of the remote. When RTH was initiated, I still had video feed of where i was.. not great but it was there and moving but I had no control signal which is why I believed the 5.8ghz had lost signal triggering RTH. Mind you Im quite happy with 1.5km to be honest but im just curious if both frequencies can be boosted instead of just the one.
Like yourself though I'd like to know about the FW update.. which is the latest and do we need to revert back to CE to do it and if not, do we need to run Magic Power again after an update?

Another question. Still learning... How do you all record your flight video with DJI GO app details showing instead of just the bare video images. I mean the video you all post showing as you would see it when your actually flying?

Thanks

Reactions: AvionicsAussie
Another question. Still learning... How do you all record your flight video with DJI GO app details showing instead of just the bare video images. I mean the video you all post showing as you would see it when your actually flying?

Thanks

You'd probably get better answers to all of your questions if you started a new thread (or did a search) instead of going way off topic.

You'd probably get better answers to all of your questions if you started a new thread (or did a search) instead of going way off topic.
True I suppose. I'll do that. Thanks.
Would still like to know about the firmware thing though if I will need to run the mod again after the firmware update.

Thanks

True I suppose. I'll do that. Thanks.
Would still like to know about the firmware thing though if I will need to run the mod again after the firmware update.

Thanks

Yes. You'll have to re-install MP... every time that there is a firmware update.

I'm from the States & I have thumbed through all 67 pages. There seems to be limited info for anyone attempting to perform the modification in the States(unless missed the conversation) So before i attempted to upload the script to my hardware I wanted to read the specs in the manual(I seen this was mentioned a few pages back, but did't get much talk) & see what the stated specs were. It states that the wifi as:
upload_2017-7-14_7-34-4.png

The controller specs:

upload_2017-7-14_7-33-34.png

So the wifi specs state a TWP of 27dBm for an FCC Quad.
However, the controller states a TWP of 19dBm.
My question is for an FCC Quad is the nominal TWP 19dBm with the ability to go to 27dBm if it called for or does the craft operate at 27 & the controller at 19? Just looking for some clarification, surely someone with a FCC quad knows the max output of these units. Thanks.
Note: This info was pulled from the Phantom 3 Standard Manual Rev 1.4

Looking at it again the WIFI is stating that 2.4Ghz is 27dBm & that 5.8Ghz is 19dBm. So is safe to assume the FCC controller is already operating at 27dBm?

Looking at it again the WIFI is stating that 2.4Ghz is 27dBm & that 5.8Ghz is 19dBm. So is safe to assume the FCC controller is already operating at 27dBm?
Yes, in FCC mod (US) it operate at 27dBm 2.4g (video feed and telem,) and 19dBm 5.8g (control).

That's what I assumed, thanks for the reply. So essentially Magic Power 5 turns a CE model into a FCC model.
Basicly yes, but i think that there are some optimisation that make video feed smoother even on FCC mode and option to unlock 13 wifi channel in US

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl