How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

I buy a Signal Booster for DJI Phantom 3 Standard Remote Control
fetch

and i update dji go app now i'm in 3.1.14 and drone in 1.7.90 but i fly only to 332 m.
after a update should we apply the magic mod ? IMG_1365.PNG

Could someone check this and just confirm to me that everything looks ok?

I did the 24dBm mod.

Phantom 3 Standard.

Attachments

• IMG_2891.PNG
    IMG_2891.PNG
    590.6 KB · Views: 622
Has anyone else had issues with the "strong interference warning" lately using MP? I have tried BO 13, BO Auto, BO scan 13-1, I also tried US auto. But it seems with MP 5.3, latest DJI GO and those settings it just wont stop. I use to be able to fly ages without a glitch in my camera feed with this mod. Now I cannot get a smooth feed and it is really annoying trying to move the gimbal to film and then you have gone too far...

Kind Regards
Brayden
i saw that warning for first time 2 days ago. i didnt fly again since then. I will let u know if i get that warning again.

Hi, I haven't seen this been asked before. I live in FCC area

207b4688a2582814087b14fdc469664d.jpg

This is the iwinfo of my rc (phantom 3 4K rc ). The tx power is 27 dBm as expected

4fed25864d70b89754e8957f2bfd2573.jpg

This is the iwinfo of the aircraft (phantom 3 4K). Notice that the tx power is 25 dBm.
If I use magic power to increase the tx of AC to 27 dBm, will I see a difference in range?

Thanks in advance

There's no reason NOT to go 27 dbm. 27 dbm is the USA default, so it will not hurt a thing. If you live in the US and you go with 24 or 25, you are actually downgrading.

Those screenshots are BEFORE the mod. That's why I find weird that the tx power on the AC is 25 dBm

Bought a spare controller for my Phantom Standard, 'IF' I ever needed to use it for some reason, would I need to re-install the MagicPower mod or is it all stored bird-side

Upped my Standard from 24dBm to 27dBm and the video feed went crazy, glitching and freezing constantly whilst the quad was on the ground. Reverted back to 24dBm and it went back to normal.

Is this a common problem when the quad is too close to the controller on the ground?

Guys,I have a lot of errors,even with the dbs mod(installed on argtek base-connectors)...
is it normal ?
Last year,before MP, I did not had so much errors ( well sometime i installed the argtek,i don't know if something went wrong with the connections...)

check :
(MP5)
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

(ce mode)
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

I want to revert back to CE,to check again both(CE-FCC) modes with the DBS mod,installed for sure...(if the errors are huge in both modes,then maybe my r/c inside connections are problematic ?)

What do you think ?

Last edited:
I have found dbs gives much better range if you tilt the antenna down a bit. I think the angle that it naturally sits makes it difficult to keep the panel facing directly at the bird.

Reactions: Alistair McCann
I want to try this...I saw it at the site of itelite,as suggestion

WELL ! I updated the drone to 1.9.20 ,all ok, dji go & litchi,connected OK (still i haven't fly yet)
BUT...telnet from phone or laptop refuses to connect !!

I wanted to see with iwnifo,if the mp5 is on or off...what's wrong ?

..I flew the bird with the 1.9.20 nad i had very good signal ~300m ,I lost video,and chickened ,so i returned ...

The problem is that still can not connect with Telnet,to check what mode I have (CE or FCC)

#UPDATE >>>MOD 5.3+ DONE OK see post 1402

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.