Gimbal dies after 10 seconds

Reaction score
Hi. My phantom 3 gimbal is not responding. It switches on when i boot the quad, does the POST, after 10 seconds it stops working. I also can't see picture on the Dji App during the time it's on. Any known solutions to this problem?

Did you crash?

That's the problem
I've tried with and without card, I doubt that's the problem. No one else has experienced this?

This is what happens
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've tried with and without card, I doubt that's the problem. No one else has experienced this?

This is what happens
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This was happening to mine and reformatting the card resolved it. Also check the About screen in the app and give a list of the FW Versions. The other instance that it happened to me was when I upgraded from 1.1.9 to 1.3.2 on the aircraft and still had 1.1.9 on the controller.

Reactions: jasonq and carty87
This was happening to mine and reformatting the card resolved it. Also check the About screen in the app and give a list of the FW Versions. The other instance that it happened to me was when I upgraded from 1.1.9 to 1.3.2 on the aircraft and still had 1.1.9 on the controller.
Thank you, let me try this fix. I will report back soon.

Holy crap it worked! Thanks brother! The card needed formatting! I owe you 50 Beers!:D:D:D

You can put it in a USB reader and format it on the computer, or format it in the app on the P#

No crash, put a new SD card in and formatted it. Drone flys, but I have no camera?? Any thoughts?

I'm running the current version 1.4 or something. Should I go back to the 1.3?

I'm running the current version 1.4 or something. Should I go back to the 1.3?
Does the Camera commands show up on the device-- IOW are they operable. If so, format the SD card in the P3.

No. I have no camera controls, the icons are not lite up. However if you move the camera with your hand, you can see on the screen the little ball move up and down

And it will fly, but I have to use the road map. It's just a black screen with dji in the middle. But all systems are normal including camera. It has me stumped!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31