Gimbal could not move when flied the drone in the wind

Reaction score
I tried to fly my P4P+ in 18miles/hour wind and to take some photos (short distance <500m, altitude <50m), I found the gimbal could not move at all. It kept in downward position. Then I took the drone home and re-calibrated the gimbal and IMU, everything was fine. I flied at home, gimbal showed normal.

Does anyone see the similar situation?
What's the reason?

Thanks!

Ground winds might have been that......But winds at altitude are much much more....them tiny gimbal motors maybe could not move the camera because of the higher winds Up in the air....thats my 2 cents worth ! i'm positive others have ideas too as why.

When you took off, was the gimbal in the correct position? I only ask as I have had a few power ups where the gimbal goes through it's dance, but then ends up pointing down or off. When this happens, I will power cycle the power not the P4 and on the 2nd attempt, the gimbal will position the camera correctly.

Paul Caldwell

When you took off, was the gimbal in the correct position? I only ask as I have had a few power ups where the gimbal goes through it's dance, but then ends up pointing down or off. When this happens, I will power cycle the power not the P4 and on the 2nd attempt, the gimbal will position the camera correctly.

Paul Caldwell

It seems the problems of wind or the weak gimbal. I fly the drone right now without wind at all, all are normal.

Ground winds might have been that......But winds at altitude are much much more....them tiny gimbal motors maybe could not move the camera because of the higher winds Up in the air....thats my 2 cents worth ! i'm positive others have ideas too as why.

You are right, the sky wind is much stronger than ground wind. The tiny gimbal is not strong enough to resist the wind. Everything is normal this morning without wind.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl