CH7 and older firmware, does it work?

Mori55 said:
Hope it's well under that price ! 100 euros is ridicules.

Seems high, but it is hardware included. Might be doing this in parallel with normal function and might use some diodes to not get "back feed". Anyway r&d involved and numbers are somewhat limited so they need some profit.
Hopefully some "China guy" will take up on this and give us cheaper alternative? ;)

Mori55 said:
Hope it's well under that price ! 100 euros is ridicules.
especially for something that definitely should be free. i've never heard of a company releasing a newer model and taking a feature away. thats like releasing a new iPhone but taking away the camera zoom.
is there a way we can constantly bombard them with emails or something complaining about how this should have been standard. maybe lowering the price and/or getting it to us sooner. this company isn't like apple where they're selling millions of these drones a year. a smaller customer base means that they have to listen to gain return customers. we can't stand for knickle and dining.
and honestly, my next drone wouldn't' be a dji drone. i like a lot of things about the turbo ace. as long as it can do what the phantom does as far as return to home etc, dji is slowly pushing me away. my videos of the stadiums i took today was ruined by not having the channel 7 lever. the accelerometer tilt thing just isn't cutting it. i'm def going to have to reshoot when the lever is working right with the app. i'm still gonna post what i have though when I'm done editing.

Need some profit ? I just checked , that's 130.00 $ , I could care less about using the app tilt if I have the lever. Come on guys a profits one thing but gouging is another thing.
I would figure 25.00-30.00 $ without the lever. I'll wait and see if dji offers it in a update.

anyone hoping DJI will help us on this your wrong just got this from them today

Your request (18847) has been solved. Please submit a new request if you have any further questions.

Jason R. Jason R. (DJI Technology)

May 15 14:31

Dear Paul,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technology.

Currently all the gimbal and camera controls are designed to only work through the DJI Vision app. At this time we are not planning on using the 7th channel for the gimbal control.

We hope you have found this information helpful.

Thank you for flying with DJI Technology.

Jason
DJI Technology Customer Service

skyhighdiver said:
anyone hoping DJI will help us on this your wrong just got this from them today

Your request (18847) has been solved. Please submit a new request if you have any further questions.

Jason R. Jason R. (DJI Technology)

May 15 14:31

Dear Paul,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technology.

Currently all the gimbal and camera controls are designed to only work through the DJI Vision app. At this time we are not planning on using the 7th channel for the gimbal control.

We hope you have found this information helpful.

Thank you for flying with DJI Technology.

Jason
DJI Technology Customer Service

So now we hope for someone else, maybe from China?

I can see paying $60-$75ish for it based on a reasonable profit to recoup R&D. Over $100 and I'd really need to think about it, but in the end, it's what the market will bear.

It's not a simple 3-wire Naza X2 tap with diodes. Since the DJI Utilities/Apps is useless, the signaling must be tapped and there must be a mechanism for calibration for the 7th Ch lever range. If you look at their Vision solution:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuAhUXKvVBc
I would think it's similar and will be modified to work with the new gimbal. That being said, they're not starting from scratch so it shouldn't be $130 plus shipping, but will probably be more than $30. I bought my DJI lever for under $10 from Ebay, but didn't install it when I discovered the App issue. We'll see...

I hate the app version so much I would gladly pay it to have the lever fitted !!! Under 100 euros will do for me especially since it seems DJI have no wish to allow it anytime soon. All just a personal thing as with all stuff, depends how bad you want it......I will pay it, and carry on enjoying flying !

;)

pyrophantom said:
I hate the app version so much I would gladly pay it to have the lever fitted !!! Under 100 euros will do for me especially since it seems DJI have no wish to allow it anytime soon. All just a personal thing as with all stuff, depends how bad you want it......I will pay it, and carry on enjoying flying !

;)

+1
It's all about need. What's a glass of water worth? Millions to the guy in the desert.

ResevorDG said:
pyrophantom said:

;)

+1
It's all about need. What's a glass of water worth? Millions to the guy in the desert.

Agree 100%

I understand the need for it, but don't you think if we refuse to pay such a high price, that the price would come down to a reasonable price ? They monitor this forum.
I hate when people postThey'll pay whatever they ask.
I checked yesterday that 100 euros is 130 dollars.

Mori55 said:
I understand the need for it, but don't you think if we refuse to pay such a high price, that the price would come down to a reasonable price ? They monitor this forum.
I hate when people postThey'll pay whatever they ask.
I checked yesterday that 100 euros is 130 dollars.

Nope....who loses ??....us for having to put up with that crap app tilt. They have something people want, and everyone has an option, buy it or not. Nobody knows the price yet as they have not even decided it.

Even if it was 100 euros I would still rather have it than not, the only loser would be me for not having it because plenty will want it ! You could have said the same when the plus was released asking nobody to buy it, but people wanted it and its flying off the shelves. I understand your point but cant help feeling you will be waiting an awful long time if you expect people to protest over the price by not buying it. The rest of us will be flying around rejoicing at the fact we have a working tilt mechanism at last !

:?

Hi,

As a newbie, I don't know if this is of any value...

1. I open up the Vision+ radio, connect it to RC Assist, turn radio and Vision+ on.

2. using a phillip screw driver i turn the gain screw inside the radio and the camera tilts up and down. From the RC Assist, I can see the movement as well...So I presume Channel 7 in Vision+ is already activated.

3. From the NAZA, i cannot see the X1 control..so I presume I cannot control the software gain/speed of the tilt.

My Extender is on warranty claim so I cannot test it with the DJI apps..control the tilt using the Apps and the mechanical gain in the Radio itself.

So, since my LHS does not have a Phantom 2 Pitch Lever in stock, I built myself one..without the presence of my extender (on warranty claim), i can control the tilt of the camera using the DIY (Channel 7) Lever at the bottom of my Vision+ radio.

Will post a short video of this test.

Anyone willing to try this, please do it at your own risk. If anyone wants to try this, try to control the camera tile both with the DJI aps and tilt level and see if both works.

just sharing.

Aqeel200 said:
Hi,

As a newbie, I don't know if this is of any value...

1. I open up the Vision+ radio, connect it to RC Assist, turn radio and Vision+ on.

2. using a phillip screw driver i turn the gain screw inside the radio and the camera tilts up and down. From the RC Assist, I can see the movement as well...So I presume Channel 7 in Vision+ is already activated.

3. From the NAZA, i cannot see the X1 control..so I presume I cannot control the software gain/speed of the tilt.

My Extender is on warranty claim so I cannot test it with the DJI apps..control the tilt using the Apps and the mechanical gain in the Radio itself.

So, since my LHS does not have a Phantom 2 Pitch Lever in stock, I built myself one..without the presence of my extender (on warranty claim), i can control the tilt of the camera using the DIY (Channel 7) Lever at the bottom of my Vision+ radio.

Will post a short video of this test.

Anyone willing to try this, please do it at your own risk. If anyone wants to try this, try to control the camera tile both with the DJI aps and tilt level and see if both works.

just sharing.

yeah..it works up until the point you connect with the dji app..this is known already.

oh really...its either lever or dji aps..not both...i need to explore this further and wait for my extender comes back from warranty.

This is why the DroneExpert will be so popular as both work so you can use lever or app.

;)

7th channel standard on Vision Plus 2 with night vision. $1429 Preorders in October :-/

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj