CH7 and older firmware, does it work?

Glad to see it has arrived and is working great. I bought 2 rotary pots before a firmware update ruined it, so not sure whether to go for the rotary or the lever now, but if anyone is thinking about doing the rotary version its a relatively simple soldering job of wires to the pot board but if you are not a soldering person then just do the lever dont risk ruining your TX.

The positioning of the lever i quite ike so you dont need to remove your hand off the right stick to use it.

Want to know from the people who have installed it with the lever, are there gentle transitions possible with the lever which i guess means is it fairly responsive or sluggish in control terms (the responsiveness was why I favoured the rotary pot to make smoother transitions). Great to see it working tho.

:D

pyrophantom said:
Glad to see it has arrived and is working great. I bought 2 rotary pots before a firmware update ruined it, so not sure whether to go for the rotary or the lever now, but if anyone is thinking about doing the rotary version its a relatively simple soldering job of wires to the pot board but if you are not a soldering person then just do the lever dont risk ruining your TX.

The positioning of the lever i quite ike so you dont need to remove your hand off the right stick to use it.

Want to know from the people who have installed it with the lever, are there gentle transitions possible with the lever which i guess means is it fairly responsive or sluggish in control terms (the responsiveness was why I favoured the rotary pot to make smoother transitions). Great to see it working tho.

I am not using the lever (sorry) but do use a slide (linear) potentiometer and can report that the movements are very smooth.
It is very linear and even if I move the pot fast the movement is linear and gradual. Only problem with the lever (on the back of tx) that I can see is how to judge where/how much to move the lever since there will be a delay on the reaction.
Using the slide-pot it is easy to find a position of how much travel you want

cougar said:
My Drone Expert parts for channel 7 fix just arrived, will install this afternoon

Update: Works just fine, now I am able to control with my lever AND the screen in the app.

ALSO WORKS in 1.08 :D
Do you have a picture of the other side of the module? Does it have screw holes or is it glued together?

I'm wondering if it's actually using the extra wires on the CAM connector, or if it's only using the same 3 wires that are on the OEM connector and the others are just there because it's easier to source fully populated JST-SH jumpers.

Entropy512 said:
cougar said:
My Drone Expert parts for channel 7 fix just arrived, will install this afternoon

Update: Works just fine, now I am able to control with my lever AND the screen in the app.

ALSO WORKS in 1.08 :D
Do you have a picture of the other side of the module? Does it have screw holes or is it glued together?

I'm wondering if it's actually using the extra wires on the CAM connector, or if it's only using the same 3 wires that are on the OEM connector and the others are just there because it's easier to source fully populated JST-SH jumpers.

Hi, Sorry to say I did not take any more photos but here is a link to a great write-up (post 4721)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 2&page=315

Interesting there is a central board firmware update today then ?? Anyone know what this is about ?

Good job you mentioned it as it doesnt show that on the DE installation video !

Mine shipped now hurrah !!

Ch7 works for me as long as app is not paired with P2v+. Once paired can only control through software,
Reading this forum I'm seeing conflicting reports.

Can anyone confirm if ch7 slider control works with latest firmware and latest software?
Must you have the dronexpert mod or not?
Someone mentioned the boaster app. Does it unlock ch7?

Would be nice if someone created a matrix of drones and software versions and put in the corresponding cells if ch7 works or not.

Drone Expert works. :cool:
Booster app ch7 still working on it, but is coming soon :D

Great news from http://uk.hardware.info/reviews/568...he-phantom-quadcopters-dji-phantom-3-features
But we also keep updating the experience of our current products through software and firmware upgrades. One of the features that we’ll add to the current Phantom 2 Vision Plus is an option to tilt the camera up and down, without taking your hands of the controller. (Currently, tilting the camera is done with the smartphone apps). We plan to add that feature in this year
So good to read that !!!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4