CH7 and older firmware, does it work?

ResevorDG said:
Emailed all three again today. I say we just keep annoying them till they give us the update we want.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Sent this.
Hello DJI,
Have you guys had any luck getting the 7th channel activated for tilting the gimbal on my Vision Plus?
I had it working on my original Vision and now I can't live without it :)
I already have my DJI brand 7th channel lever sitting on the shelf in anticipation of you getting the update rolled out!

Thanks for all your hard work.

Missing my P2V non Plus gimbal tilt action:(
Yours,
not to be a pita but didnt you read any of the previous post about this not working ?

Mori55 said:
ResevorDG said:
Emailed all three again today. I say we just keep annoying them till they give us the update we want.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Sent this.
Hello DJI,
Have you guys had any luck getting the 7th channel activated for tilting the gimbal on my Vision Plus?
I already have my DJI brand 7th channel lever sitting on the shelf in anticipation of you getting the update rolled out!

Yours,
not to be a pita but didnt you read any of the previous post about this not working ?

Obviously nothing has worked with DJI yet, that's why I am writing them every day. They will either fix this issue or be annoyed by me to no end.

ResevorDG said:
Mori55 said:
ResevorDG said:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Sent this.
Hello DJI,

Yours,

Obviously nothing has worked with DJI yet, that's why I am writing them every day. They will either fix this issue or be annoyed by me to no end.

+1

since it's so cheap should i go ahead and pick up the part/arm that goes on the back of the Tx for channel 7 (tilt control)? i'd hate for DJI to release an update giving us the option to us it and i have to wait till the part ships.
If so I've seen 2 different kinds. any suggestions of which one is better?
and just to double check, it does work, but only if the dji app is closed?

DJI wrote me back a few weeks ago when I asked them if the 7th channel could be activated or would ever work in a future update. They said, "Thank you for your email.

The Phantom 2 Vision + tilt can only be controlled by the DJI Vision app.

You can reach our phone support by calling 818-235-0789. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (PST).
We will do our best to help you resolve this issue.

Thank you."

Unbelievable.

YeeaaBoii said:
DJI wrote me back a few weeks ago when I asked them if the 7th channel could be activated or would ever work in a future update. They said, "Thank you for your email.

The Phantom 2 Vision + tilt can only be controlled by the DJI Vision app.

You can reach our phone support by calling 818-235-0789. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (PST).
We will do our best to help you resolve this issue.

Thank you."

Unbelievable.
that's just about the same level of support you always get when you contact them. but those guys who answer the phone's and emails CANNOT be the ones planning what to do release next and how to write the scripts for the updates. the first iPhone didn't sent picture messages but the cheapo metro phones could. apple knew they had to give us the next steps in evolution just like DJI knows they have to give us that tilt back and make the camera zoom. if 1 or both of those options come with the Phantom 3, then they'll have a way for us P2V+ owners to upgrade. thus earning return customers.
It'll be out soon enough. I have a gut feeling and have good guts lol. and when it comes out as a software update i'll already have the stick installed.
is this the same exact one dji would sell on their site? http://www.ebay.com/itm/251519620027?ss ... 1423.l2649

Lets face it its the simplest yet probably most value giving addition they could make to give people more enjoyment from flying, which I am really surprised wasnt on the plus !

;)

neoneo said:
Mori55 said:
Just get the DJI one? Yes app closed , so what good is it?
i cant find it on their site. is this it on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... ink:top:en
i think they'll give it to us soon. very soon!

+1. I have the DJI lever on my PV2 and it installed and it works great. Don't get the knock-offs that come with a plastic post between the lever and the pot. This one comes with a metal rod. I did need to tweak the gains in the Assistant software to get full range of travel. Holding my breath (and very blue) that this function will be put back in the PV2+ so I can move the lever over.

Mori55 said:
+1. I have the DJI lever on my PV2 and it installed and it works great. Don't get the knock-offs that come with a plastic post between the lever and the pot. This one comes with a metal rod. I did need to tweak the gains in the Assistant software to get full range of travel. Holding my breath (and very blue) that this function will be put back in the PV2+ so I can move the lever over.
how often do they come out with updates. is it sporadic or is it a quarterly thing. and do we ever hear about it ahead of time. sorry I'm new to the whole Phantom thing. I never knew they existed until a few weeks ago.

There are no set times for updates, they either tend to issue them when they find a problem, or when they can add a new feature, but they are not too far apart historically speaking.

;)

pyrophantom said:
There are no set times for updates, they either tend to issue them when they find a problem, or when they can add a new feature, but they are not too far apart historically speaking.

;)
my "not too far apart" is once a month. is that what u mean, or quarterly. sorry but I'm anxious :D

Tripnman said:
Well, owners of the PV2 have been waiting for way point functionality since November, so...

Yeah really! I'm following this thread. Hoping for a solution. I thought about downgrading the app to see if that helps.

Scottrod said:
Tripnman said:
Well, owners of the PV2 have been waiting for way point functionality since November, so...

Yeah really! I'm following this thread. Hoping for a solution. I thought about downgrading the app to see if that helps.

Worth a try. I hear it has been tryed but it's worth a try.

Scottrod said:
Tripnman said:

doesnt work..tried it already.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20