CH7 and older firmware, does it work?

tizzl10 said:
Scottrod said:
Tripnman said:
Well, owners of the PV2 have been waiting for way point functionality since November, so...

Yeah really! I'm following this thread. Hoping for a solution. I thought about downgrading the app to see if that helps.

doesnt work..tried it already.

****. This is frustrating. I was able to install the lever, calibrate it, get it working, and unless the app is open and connected it works! Now I just have to figure out a way to connect with the app without it disabling the **** lever. I just don't get it. Like someone earlier said, the app must be constantly reporting the position of tilt for the camera instead of only while being adjusted. That's a **** programming issue. Not much we can do about it unless DJI released the code.

Scottrod said:
****. This is frustrating. I was able to install the lever, calibrate it, get it working, and unless the app is open and connected it works! Now I just have to figure out a way to connect with the app without it disabling the **** lever. I just don't get it. Like someone earlier said, the app must be constantly reporting the position of tilt for the camera instead of only while being adjusted. That's a **** programming issue. Not much we can do about it unless DJI released the code.

Scott, did you do this with the old or new app?

I only tried the new app. Wishing that I could downgrade to an earlier version of the app to try that. I think it might work if I tried that.

Scottrod said:
I only tried the new app. Wishing that I could downgrade to an earlier version of the app to try that. I think it might work if I tried that.

I have an iOS and downgrading that is hard. I hear it is easy to downgrade an android. If doing that works I will happily an Android 7" tablet to get the 7th channel working.
But I'm not going to buy another tablet until I know it will work.

Scottrod said:

dude..i have already done this..it doesn't work. even with the earlier versions of the iphone app and android app. I suspect there is code in the either the flight control software or camera/gimbal software that disables the 7ch once it connects to the app.

tizzl10 said:
Scottrod said:

dude..i have already done this..it doesn't work. even with the earlier versions of the iphone app and android app. I suspect there is code in the either the flight control software or camera/gimbal software that disables the 7ch once it connects to the app.

I THINK WE CAN LET THIS THREAD DIE

IT DOES NOT WORK AND WILL NOT WORK WITH ANY VERSION ON THE + UNTIL DJI GIVES US OR A CRACK IS CREATED

NOT TO SAY WE CANT KEEP EMAILING THEM EVERY DAY TO ASK FOR IT THOUGH :D :D :D

New video on youtube (by Dronexpert) showing the Phantom Vision+ with 7th channel active along with app control of tilt.
The description in the video says "Coming Soon". Not sure if they are using additional hardware similar to with their Dronexpert gimbal to enable the 7th axis.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyC3Zbz4ajE[/youtube]

this thread definitely needs to stay. thoughts become things. the more energy we give it, the faster it will come. I had a feeling yesterday that's why i purchased the lever. and today someone post a video. i'm telling you it's coming soon. hopefully with the way points, hopefully this month.

BManCan said:
New video on youtube (by Dronexpert) showing the Phantom Vision+ with 7th channel active along with app control of tilt.
The description in the video says "Coming Soon". Not sure if they are using additional hardware similar to with their Dronexpert gimbal to enable the 7th axis.

This is BIG news, lot's of people will like this.

BManCan said:

those shaky gimbal producing bastards have cracked the code. praise Jesus..how they did it remains to be the question..thanks for posting.

Moose said:
Yeah if you pay $400 they will put you on the waiting list for it.. I'm sorry......too soon ;)
Moose

Do understand they need to make money and their business is to sell drones/gimbal solutions. Now when the plus is here might not be so many looking for gimbals, hence they might not want to release only the "hack".

But where is the $400 coming from? Not able to find that information.

Edit: Contacted Drone Expert and they are saying under 100 Euro, release will probably be next week for pre-orders

cougar said:
Moose said:
Yeah if you pay $400 they will put you on the waiting list for it.. I'm sorry......too soon ;)
Moose

Do understand they need to make money and their business is to sell drones/gimbal solutions. Now when the plus is here might not be so many looking for gimbals, hence they might not want to release only the "hack".

But where is the $400 coming from? Not able to find that information.

Edit: Contacted Drone Expert and they are saying under 100 Euro, release will probably be next week for pre-orders
Install of a circuit board "plug and play" is required.

How do you know ? I see 400.00 circut boards gimbals.
Anyone really know or is it speculation ?

I got an email from them saying it would be out in the next 3 weeks but didnt know about price yet !

:D

Mori55 said:
How do you know ? I see 400.00 circut boards gimbals.
Anyone really know or is it speculation ?

Text from "Rob" @ Drone Expert:

"Next week we will accept pre orders. We will launch this new feature within 3 weeks. We are not sure what the price will be but it will be under 100 euro."

This is hardware based and a small circuit board that is "plug & play" is included.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj