CH7 and older firmware, does it work?

cougar said:
Drone Expert has started shipping!
Just got the shipping notification :D

They have not called :(
Still waiting :|

He said : i call you when everything is here :cry:
I already have the lever on the rc, (only need the inside thinks)
I wil call him thursday .
Maybe i wait for PVFlyer with the 7channel hack :geek:

M.Tigelaar said:
He said : i call you when everything is here :cry:
I already have the lever on the rc, (only need the inside thinks)
I wil call him thursday .
Maybe i wait for PVFlyer with the 7channel hack :geek:

Sorry to hear that, well I don't have it only a tracking # so how knows?
I take it you did not pre-order?
Cheers

I pre ordered but no shipping info yet boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!

Cmon drones give me the goodies !!

:lol:

My email said shipping this week. Am looking for the best YouTube tutorial on its installation?

Here we go again , the famous phantompilots countdown !!! Gonna be another rotorpixel countdown thread !! :lol:

I want 7ch functionality just as bad as anybody else but I think im going to wait for PVFlyer to work on a software hack..just my luck I'd order this overpriced thing and the day after I get it, we get a software hack. :cry:

+1
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Remember the vision :?: (not plus)
14 days later there was the vision plus ;)

All the parts are there they told me yesterday :D

Got an email saying shipping mine next Tuesday HURRAH !!

;)

Wonder which arm they were using there anyone know ?.....I have the DJI one so hope thats OK.

Looks pretty straightforward though :D

Interestingly if you go on dronexperts facebook site there is a guy asking the question about safety from the effects of future DJI firmware updates overriding the new hardware, and he had been told by somebody supposedly who knows DJI and says he has been told the 7th channel is already activated in firmware 3.04 all you need is the lever.

Now I think thats a crock of shite but has anybody actually tried it lol

:?:

:D Sure like my de gimbal with ch7 lever. I had a hard time tilting with the phone app. I like the lever on the back of the transmitter. I fully upgraded my firmware to 3.04 and still could not get ch7 to work. While upgrading, I had battery errors and finally stability issues with the phantom. I'm currently running 1.08 and p2v+ extender. Totally satisfied, and the waypoint programming is not that appealing. Happy flying!

My Drone Expert parts for channel 7 fix just arrived, will install this afternoon

Update: Works just fine, now I am able to control with my lever AND the screen in the app.

ALSO WORKS in 1.08 :D

Attachments

• Chanell 7 parts.jpg
    Chanell 7 parts.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 385
cougar said:
My Drone Expert parts for channel 7 fix just arrived, will install this afternoon

Update: Works just fine, now I am able to control with my lever AND the screen in the app.

Was it easy to install the lever? I understand it lines up with a "pot" on the board . Did this need to be turned back clockwise or anti clockwise ? Or did it not matter. I am waiting for mine to be delivered from Dronexpert.

vortigern said:
cougar said:

Was it easy to install the lever? I understand it lines up with a "pot" on the board . Did this need to be turned back clockwise or anti clockwise ? Or did it not matter. I am waiting for mine to be delivered from Dronexpert.

Did not do the lever, have installed custom potentiometer on my TX.
Standard lever should be a breeze with no soldering, basically plug-and-play.

Here is how I did it on the side of the TX so it is easy to adjust when flying
Edit: Yes you need to move the lever from one side to the other twice in order to calibrate the system.

Attachments

• TX 2.jpg
    TX 2.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 361
Thanks for the reply I see you are an engineer may be not such a breeze for me. I like the fitting that you have done.

vortigern said:
Thanks for the reply I see you are an engineer may be not such a breeze for me. I like the fitting that you have done.

Many people has done this mod, some like I did others with a knob to turn. If you search am sure you can find directions.
If you are not comfortable to solder and do some wire modifications just do the DE lever, should be quite simple.
Can report the movement (tilt) using this mod is extremely smooth travel.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT