3.12 firmware released

BlackTracer said:
eseckinger said:
Allram said:
Just updated (Running Vision, not pluss). seems more stable, just didnt manage to calibrate the compass. It's a new warning light. ALOT of red lights flashing when compass calibration has failed. Overall it's nothing special :)

do you only get one flashing green light now when flying in gps mode with 6 + sats? One side does not seem to flash green anymore but yellow and red work. Im in NAZA mode.

Does your green light on that side work when you first power on during the initialization phase? If not it could be your green led is broken. Unless others can confirm this is a firmware issue. Good grief I hope not.

I will check when I get home but can anyone confirm if both green lights are working post update? Naza Mode. Don't see how all 3 green leds are out when all three work red and yellow just fine. Only my right side is working correctly it seems.

The ESCs receive a PWM signal from the imbedded processor on the main PCB independent of the motor speed PWM signal (which comes from the Naza) to produce the LED colors/patters, etc.

Both motor ESCs 1 & 2 (front right, front left respectively) receive the identical PWM signal while motor ESCs 3 & 4 (rear left & rear right respectively) receive their own separate and identical PWM signals.

Therefore both front and both rear ESCs must display the same, yet different, pattern regardless of being on the left or right side.

If one side is not operating correctly check to see that the 4 pin connector is properly seated, if so then there must be an ESC (or more specifically an LED) fault.

What I'm trying to say is that there is no way for one front or one rear ESC to display a different color/pattern from the other via firmware. It must be a hardware fault.

N017RW said:
The ESCs receive a PWM signal from the imbedded processor on the main PCB independent of the motor speed PWM signal (which comes from the Naza) to produce the LED colors/patters, etc.

Both motor ESCs 1 & 2 (front right, front left respectively) receive the identical PWM signal while motor ESCs 3 & 4 (rear left & rear right respectively) receive their own separate and identical PWM signals.

Therefore both front and both rear ESCs must display the same, yet different, pattern regardless of being on the left or right side.

If one side is not operating correctly check to see that the 4 pin connector is properly seated, if so then there must be an ESC (or more specifically an LED) fault.

What I'm trying to say is that there is no way for one front or one rear ESC to display a different color/pattern from the other via firmware. It must be a hardware fault.

I understand what u are saying but red and yellow work fine on both sides. Only green seems to work different. Also during calibration one goes solid green and the other yellow. What causes that? I will check the connection later

I believe there are only two LED arrays in/on the ESC - Red and Green.

When BOTH are illuminated it produces the Yellow.

Each color group (red,green) has a separate output port on the driver chip, a separate switching transistor, and separate biasing resistor. So assuming there is not a connector issue, which seems implausible since you are getting some illumination on each side, it comes down to the items in the above sentence.

Maybe this can help you deduce the the problem as it is difficult without seeing it first-hand.

So... Should we update? Safe or kinda safe? Anyone flew yet?

jadebox said:
The DC FRZ extends approximately 13–15 nautical miles (15–17 statute miles) around the VOR/DME located at the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. Flight within the FRZ is restricted to governmental, certain scheduled commercial and a limited set of waivered flights. - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washingt ... Rules_Area

That may be, but this was intended for manned aircraft, NOT small RC aircraft. Until anti-matter becomes readily available, its a tad excessive. :D

Mori55 said:
Why not just reload the firmware ? Or revert back and see what happens ?

Unfortunately you'd be limited to reverting back to 1.x or 2.x firmware. You can't revert back to 3.08 from 3.12. At least not any way I know of?

Dirty Bird said:
jadebox said:
The DC FRZ extends approximately 13–15 nautical miles (15–17 statute miles) around the VOR/DME located at the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. Flight within the FRZ is restricted to governmental, certain scheduled commercial and a limited set of waivered flights. - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washingt ... Rules_Area

That may be, but this was intended for manned aircraft, NOT small RC aircraft. Until anti-matter becomes readily available, its a tad excessive. :D

No, it applies to RC aircraft, too.

"Outdoor model aircraft operations are prohibited within the inner portion of the SFRA known as the Washington Metropolitan Flight Restriction Zone (FRZ)." -- http://www.modelaircraft.org/membership ... otams.aspx

I am bothered, though, that DJI doesn't offer a way to override a no-fly zone temporarily. As it is, if you had a waiver for an air show or RC event, you wouldn't be able to participate. A warning would be sufficient.

-- Roger

Mori55 said:
Eltrochaphantom said:
So... Should we update? Safe or kinda safe? Anyone flew yet?
Don't be a wuss , just do it. Take a chance instead of someone else.

Have flown 3 times now. I'm only having a light issue that may not be related.

Updated and flew mine for a little bit this afternoon. Everything seemed normal. Only thing was while I'm not 100% sure I was seeing it right but it looked liked I had solid red on all 4 arms for a few seconds but that might have just been the way the sunlight was hitting it. Was back to normal when I got closer to examine it.

My bird updated when I plugged in to check limits in assistant...forgot to disable the wifi...wont have a chance to fly for a few days as the weather is going to be crappy here upcoming days.

N017RW said:
I believe there are only two LED arrays in/on the ESC - Red and Green.

When BOTH are illuminated it produces the Yellow.

Each color group (red,green) has a separate output port on the driver chip, a separate switching transistor, and separate biasing resistor. So assuming there is not a connector issue, which seems implausible since you are getting some illumination on each side, it comes down to the items in the above sentence.

Maybe this can help you deduce the the problem as it is difficult without seeing it first-hand.

Found out my issue, I had swapped my shell at the same time and apparently after troubleshooting a bit I found out the the last LED on the chain is pressure sensitive and I did not have the screw tight enough to press the right amount on that LED. If you press on it lightly all 3 leds will only blink red. Pressing on it harder yields all colors. Call it weird but I examined it for a while before forming the conclusion and tightening it down a bit more. All is well now and a few more flights in on 3.12.

New shell

I need some of the stock stickers now

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1425528365344.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1425528365344.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 374

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member