Flight controller firmware has been updated to v3.12.

Finally got a chance to try this firmware.

I went through the motions, did a compass calibration and got constant flashing red lights, (someone made a thread about this but I cant find it). After powering off then back on again it worked ok.

The Vision flew but not great. Ive had some issues lately with my machine so I cant say if the firmware is bad or not. Other than the compass calibration at the beginning it seemed ok.

Im fairly certain that once updated you cant go back :(

Why couldn't you go back? I changed between 1.08 and 3.08 and 3.12 several times, no trouble going back and forward.

I decided to leave it on 3.12 now since my P2 flew immaculately yesterday and even the gimbal worked finally great.
And I was happily surprised I could make lateral movements while descending with 2m/s. The only thing that wondered me is that the P2 didn't go in FS in the second stage of low battery, after the first warning I could still fly 2 full minutes and then it just descended. Maybe I had it too close already?

Because of the issues I have, I want to make sure they are of my doing and not the firmware. If I go back to 3.08/3.10 and they are still there then Ill go to 3.12 and leave it.

just use assistant 3.02 and update to 3.08 and it's goes back

Dirk, I knew that. I was just testing you all :oops: :)

Thanks, I didnt think of doing this :(

Cyclone said:
Because of the issues I have, I want to make sure they are of my doing and not the firmware. If I go back to 3.08/3.10 and they are still there then Ill go to 3.12 and leave it.

just use assistant 3.02 and update to 3.08 and it's goes back

Dirk, I knew that. I was just testing you all :oops: :)

Thanks, I didnt think of doing this :(
:lol: Someone had to tell me too Cyclone ;)

christoffer said:
Thanks for sharing. Did you all upgrade or not? :)

- Christoffer
I did and then undid and have not redid :lol: Still on 3.08 here ;)

Cyclone said:
You didnt redid it ? :)
Nope..left it undid but might redid it later ;)
Waiting to see what everybody else does .

If you want to roll back to v3.6 you can. Just downloaded it for my HP Stream 7 tablet off dji site. I also checked P2 NV upgrades and there's still isn't any mention of the v3.8 update.

jason said:
If you want to roll back to v3.6 you can. Just downloaded it for my HP Stream 7 tablet off dji site. I also checked P2 NV upgrades and there's still isn't any mention of the v3.8 update.

?? what do you mean? v3.8 (3.12 firmware) is there. Am I missing the point here?

Attachments

• Phantom 2 - Downloads - Manuals, Software, Drivers download   DJI.png
    Phantom 2 - Downloads - Manuals, Software, Drivers download DJI.png
    96.5 KB · Views: 557
lake_flyer said:
jason said:

?? what do you mean? v3.8 (3.12 firmware) is there. Am I missing the point here?

Generally when there is an update to firmware the assistant software (v3.6) you are using can be found in that firmwares upgrade tab and also upgraded from there. With the P2 NV this hasn't been the case with either update notices for v3.8 (v3.10 & v3.12 firmware). Hope this clears it up.

When I installed 3.08 it did ask if I wanted to upgrade the main firmware to 3.12.
But I skipped 3.10 all together. I actually upgraded from 1.8 to 3.08 (software 3.6) to 3.12 with no issues after all. I had to go back once again to 3.08/3.6. The first flash was not successful.

The firmware and software version numbers are getting really confusing, in good old DJI style. I can't see the logic anymore (if there was any). Typical short sighted developers/programmers thing I guess. Nor can I see the logic in maintaining just one software/firmware for P2's and Visions hence the confusion when P2 pilots chime in at P2V threads and vise versa.

ccase39 said:
Anyone else upgrade successfully?

Yes, no issues with v3.12.

First time I turned it on after the upgrade, I got the red flashing lights. I powered cycled it and and calibrated both sticks and the gimbal wheel, along with an extra compass calibration. Took off and flew just fine. Rock steady with normal GPS lock in Naza mode.

I am close to the new no fly zone circle in Wash DC and I wanted to ensure it had not affected me flying from home and it did not... all good. Bob

Does anyone know if foreign no fly zones are included in the update, or only US?
Two weeks ago we had a large aerial photography company flying quite legally within the no-fly zone around our major National Airport, in order to film a large fireworks spectacular we have here each year. They had all the relevant approvals, licences, clearances, and even constant contact with the Air Traffic Control to notify them of each launch and land etc, and so they knew when the airforce were doing their flyover, and the rescue helicopter doing theirs, etc.
Had they been using Phantoms with the upgraded firmware, and if it had had that area registered as a no fly zone in its firmware, it would seem they'd have had no way to fly them despite having full clearances and approvals from the authorities to do so.
Having the QUAD decide what's legal and what isn't, seems pretty stupid if there's no way to show it that you have the appropriate clearances to fly and then over-ride its no fly zone list.

I've seen how wrong foreign software can be when it comes to Australian no fly zones, and so I'm quite reluctant to trust what DJI think is a no-fly zone over here.
I tried using an R/C flight logger made by a non-Australian company once. It warned me with every flight that I'm in a no-fly zone, yet the nearest airport is 30kms away, and our no-fly restriction is only restricted to not flying within 5.5kms of an airport. If the Phantom ended up with the same data as that flight logger, I'd not be able to fly anywhere near home, when in fact we have hundreds of reserve areas that have no housing, no people within 30m, and are not remotely within 5.5kms of an airport, and are very safe and responsible places to fly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj