3.12 firmware released

aartsf said:
Frank, aren't you mixing up 'descending' speed (during automatic landing) and 'ascending' speed (for possible continuing manual control)??

You're probably right now that I think about it. IN that case it would not be good at all were wind comes into play. I better edit my post now. Thanks for the heads up.

Sorry if this has already been posted but through the DJI Interface what calibrating or upgrading firmware is there a place where you can tell the vision 'at what rate to descend'? Can anyone tell me how I could just change the descend rate to 2.5 m/s for example? I only see an altitude gain adjustment option on the calibration interface

MapMaker53 said:
Why would slowing down the descent ( = faster spinning props) save on Battery??? I'd rather descend faster with slower spinning props. I wish this speed had stayed at 2m/s rather than take now twice as long to bring it down.

The change is to ascent rate.
With the new firmware, if auto landing is initiated, you can take control to land your Phantom where you want to, but ascent speed is limited to 1 m/s.
DJI have not changed anything about rate of descent.

tabiggs said:
Sorry if this has already been posted but through the DJI Interface what calibrating or upgrading firmware is there a place where you can tell the vision 'at what rate to descend'? Can anyone tell me how I could just change the descend rate to 2.5 m/s for example? I only see an altitude gain adjustment option on the calibration interface
Nowhere.
DJI have the descent speed locked in and don't give the used anywhere to change any speeds.

Meta4 said:
MapMaker53 said:
Why would slowing down the descent ( = faster spinning props) save on Battery??? I'd rather descend faster with slower spinning props. I wish this speed had stayed at 2m/s rather than take now twice as long to bring it down.

The change is to ascent rate.
With the new firmware, if auto landing is initiated, you can take control to land your Phantom where you want to, but ascent speed is limited to 1 m/s.
DJI have not changed anything about rate of descent.

Oops... read it too fast. Thanks for clarifying, Meta4.

Allram said:
Just updated (Running Vision, not pluss). seems more stable, just didnt manage to calibrate the compass. It's a new warning light. ALOT of red lights flashing when compass calibration has failed. Overall it's nothing special :)

do you only get one flashing green light now when flying in gps mode with 6 + sats? One side does not seem to flash green anymore but yellow and red work. Im in NAZA mode.

eseckinger said:
Allram said:
Just updated (Running Vision, not pluss). seems more stable, just didnt manage to calibrate the compass. It's a new warning light. ALOT of red lights flashing when compass calibration has failed. Overall it's nothing special :)

do you only get one flashing green light now when flying in gps mode with 6 + sats? One side does not seem to flash green anymore but yellow and red work. Im in NAZA mode.

This is only speculation, but maybe the one light now means the satellite is to that side direction of the quad?

"When automatic landing is initiated, users can now continue to control the aircraft’s position and altitude"

We are not users... we are Pilots!

mendezl said:
"When automatic landing is initiated, users can now continue to control the aircraft’s position and altitude"

We are not users... we are Pilots!

Not anymore...I believe the FAA now refer to us as operators!

Frankly I don't know why anyone in their right mind...at least who lives anywhere even close to DC...would install this update?

25Km radius no-fly zone....15.5 miles....centered on DC?

Your bird would be grounded anywhere within the Capitol beltway. You'd actually have to go several miles outside the beltway to fly!

This is a total overreaction on DJI's part. They should have done perhaps a 3 mile restriction centered on the White House. That would be reasonable. This is not.

Dirty Bird said:
Frankly I don't know why anyone in their right mind...at least who lives anywhere even close to DC...would install this update?

Your bird would be grounded anywhere within the Capitol beltway. You'd actually have to go several miles outside the beltway to fly!

This is a total overreaction on DJI's part. They should have done perhaps a 3 mile restriction centered on the White House. That would be reasonable. This is not.

The DC FRZ extends approximately 13–15 nautical miles (15–17 statute miles) around the VOR/DME located at the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. Flight within the FRZ is restricted to governmental, certain scheduled commercial and a limited set of waivered flights. - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washingt ... Rules_Area

Well, thats it, I will NEVER plug my Phantom into the internet again....

Dirty Bird said:

I would agree totally. The sad thing is, DJI is pushing restrictions on people that have paid good money for something that basically no longer works as purchased. I don't live in the DC area so I am not affected...yet. Who knows what lies around the corner for the rest of us. So I believe the solution will be for some really good hacking into the DJI hidden code. I hope it will be just a matter of time for someone who is creative to fix the problem permanently.

flyNfrank said:
eseckinger said:
Allram said:

This is only speculation, but maybe the one light now means the satellite is to that side direction of the quad?

Think Allram is talking front/ back. There is no frigging way the single receiver aka the $5 GPS antenna or $200 control system can differentitate between GPS signal left / right or even front/ back....

flyNfrank said:
aartsf said:
Frank, aren't you mixing up 'descending' speed (during automatic landing) and 'ascending' speed (for possible continuing manual control)??

You're probably right now that I think about it. IN that case it would not be good at all were wind comes into play. I better edit my post now. Thanks for the heads up.

I had a scary issue the other day...bird went into autoland cuz battery was at 20% and regardless of what I did she simply would not fight the wind...in GPS mode she was coming down and drifting...I was able to go up and down but could not fight the wind...I thru her in Atti and was able to bring her home over riding the battery error.

eseckinger said:
Allram said:

Does your green light on that side work when you first power on during the initialization phase? If not it could be your green led is broken. Unless others can confirm this is a firmware issue. Good grief I hope not.

flyNfrank said:
eseckinger said:
Allram said:

Huh ??

Dirty Bird said:

I totally agree and unfortunately, I fall into this boat. I'm outside of the Beltway in Bowie, Maryland and I measure about 13 miles from the White House as well as Ronald Reagan National Airport.

I'm not saying I would or wouldn't have purchased had their have been a known restriction in place by DJI at time of purchase. However, I don't think they have implemented this restriction properly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj