DJI has released the new firmware v3.12 for Phantom 2 series

Reaction score
New firmware (v3.12) for the Phantom 2 series have just been released. Please update your Phantom’s firmware to enjoy all of the new features.

Major New Features
a) No-Fly Zones have been updated to include a 25km radius centered in Washington, DC.
b) The compass calibration program has been optimized to improve reliability.
c) When automatic landing is initiated, users can now continue to control the aircraft’s position and altitude. During this process, the maximum speed of ascent is 1 m/s.
d) After an automatic landing has been completed and the motors have stopped spinning, users can immediately restart the motors and begin a new flight.

Updates
a) Flight controller firmware has been updated to v3.12.

Special Notes:
a) It is recommended that the compass be calibrated in an environment that is free from sources of potential interference, including underground metal pipes and other large metal objects. If you become aware of any potential interference or get a compass error, move to a different location and calibrate the compass again.
b) We highly recommend that all users update their firmware to the latest v3.12.

Re: DJI has released the new firmware v3.12 for Phantom 2 se

Be carful some are reporting they can not get the compass to calibrate with this update .

DJI Innovations said:
New firmware (v3.12) for the Phantom 2 series have just been released. Please update your Phantom’s firmware to enjoy all of the new features.

Major New Features
a) No-Fly Zones have been updated to include a 25km radius centered in Washington, DC.
b) The compass calibration program has been optimized to improve reliability.
c) When automatic landing is initiated, users can now continue to control the aircraft’s position and altitude. During this process, the maximum speed of ascent is 1 m/s.
d) After an automatic landing has been completed and the motors have stopped spinning, users can immediately restart the motors and begin a new flight.

Updates
a) Flight controller firmware has been updated to v3.12.

Special Notes:
a) It is recommended that the compass be calibrated in an environment that is free from sources of potential interference, including underground metal pipes and other large metal objects. If you become aware of any potential interference or get a compass error, move to a different location and calibrate the compass again.
b) We highly recommend that all users update their firmware to the latest v3.12.

An official DJI presence on this board? Hmmm.

Can you tell us why you don't address any of the issues people are having with their quads? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

The only issue I saw with compass calibration was someone who had an error but realised it was probably due to the smart watch he was wearing. I haven't seen any other reports.

I know DJI has released v3.12 but I was just checking my v3.08 and there's no notice that its available. Normally when you go into upgrades and if there is new firmware you can download the latest while in the firmware.

jason said:
I know DJI has released v3.12 but I was just checking my v3.08 and there's no notice that its available. Normally when you go into upgrades and if there is new firmware you can download the latest while in the firmware.
I just checked it here and its there alright :shock: Just a looking at me saying come on big boy !! Load me up :eek:
Naaa not yet ;)

Well it's not on my P2 NV 3.8 software as an upgrade. Like said I know it is available if I want to download it off the DJI site. But since I have no problems with the compass or anything else I'll stay with 3.8 for now. Beside from Michigan to DC is 600 miles away and one battery won't make it. :lol:

Didn't see it on mine last night.

Strange huh ! When I cut on assistant and hooked up it was there :eek:
DJI for ya !

Sorry for bad picture but if ya click on it ya can see it . Gonna learn how ta get a screenshot of my puter one of these days :roll:

Attachments

• IMG_0657.JPG
    IMG_0657.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 619

dirkclod said:
DJI for ya !

Sorry for bad picture but if ya click on it ya can see it . Gonna learn how ta get a screenshot of my puter one of these days :roll:

See that's the problem with you P2 Vision people YOU CAN'T READ. :roll: I distinctly said that there wasn't an upgrade P2 NV (NON VISION) software.

jason said:
dirkclod said:
DJI for ya !

See that's the problem with you P2 Vision people YOU CAN'T READ. :roll: I distinctly said that there wasn't an upgrade P2 NV (NON VISION) software.
Well Jason I don't think there is a problem with the P2V people but with just me not reading what you said !
SORRY :roll:

jason said:
dirkclod said:
DJI for ya !

Maybe not everyone reads every post YOU write.

Or maybe people don't think you know what you are talking about.

I myself ignore smart alleck know it alls and don't even read their posts.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1