New Firmware v3.12

I noticed another problem, I can't do a proper compass cal now in Naza M mode now. It fails everytime after the vertical position......then I ended up with green light follow by 3 red blinks. Funny thing is it works on Phantom mode with zero issue.

I tried installing the new pt2 several times to 3.8 on my mac but the firmware 3.12 still shows that there is no upgrade available. I think until DJI gets the Mac version of the utility set right, I am going to wait for everybody else to see if a new version will come out in a month or two. Have fun all, I will be waiting.

webidude said:
I tried installing the new pt2 several times to 3.8 on my mac but the firmware 3.12 still shows that there is no upgrade available. I think until DJI gets the Mac version of the utility set right, I am going to wait for everybody else to see if a new version will come out in a month or two. Have fun all, I will be waiting.

I upgraded to 3.12 yesterday with no problems. So I thought. Noticed after a few flights that I was losing connection a lot sooner than usual. Went back to 3,08 and had much better range.
Figured I'd give 3.12 another try to test it out again and now I'm getting the same thing. No update available?
Oh well, 3.08 worked better for me. Just wonder if dji pulled this update?! Wouldn't surprise me but it's not there any more in the latest assistant software.

thestone11 said:
I noticed another problem, I can't do a proper compass cal now in Naza M mode now. It fails everytime after the vertical position......then I ended up with green light follow by 3 red blinks. Funny thing is it works on Phantom mode with zero issue.

After all, reading through the user manual I realized I was wrong. Hopefully this will clear things up for users that don't know the following:

The Naza Mode has its own LED reference. after the 3.12 upgrade, I thought I was having issue with the compass calibration, 3 red lights after the vertical spin. But in fact, the calibration is completed with no issue whatsoever. In Naza mode, it has a two stage LED signal. What the red lights actually means is I got less than 5 satellites lock for the GPS.

3.12 FIRMWARE IS GOOD, NOTHING WRONG WITH IT. UPDATE IT GUYS~!

Here is a video reference for the naza LED patterns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BeakjoJ1UA

thestone11 said:

Did you solve this? Please look my video, I upgrade to v3.12 and now I cant calibrate the compass after the vertical flip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjV6XOveWJ0

Please guys help me I cant do anything!

Palmieri said:
thestone11 said:

Did you solve this? Please look my video, I upgrade to v3.12 and now I cant calibrate the compass after the vertical flip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjV6XOveWJ0

Please guys help me I cant do anything!

Read the above message, after all I don't have any trouble. Just a different set of LED from the NAZA mode confused me a little.

For your situation:

1) do compass cal outdoor only
2) away from cell phone or any metal objects
3) do the compass cal in one smooth motion

Try again.

RCblog.nl said:
TeamYankee said:
What do the compass "mods" show on the PC client after the FW update?
Any other changes, such as the gains etc?

Be interested to know if there's anything else changed besides what DJI have admitted to.

Managed to complete the compass calibration on v3.12 after trying a few times. It would give continuously red flashing leds after the vertical calibration, but you can then of course just power cycle and retry.
After the second time today I succeeded.

Compass data is:

Raw
X: 142 - 146
Y: 48 - 59

Mod: 1792.2 - 1801.4

Did you have this error? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjV6XOveWJ0

I have this problem and I cant solve it anyway, I tryit outside too and nothing happen....

Have you tried to do an advanced IMU calibration? Having looked through the entire thread I haven't seen where anyone has done the IMU cal. Either that or roll back your software to v3.6 which you should still have in your download file. There really wasn't that much to the v3.8 update to began with as it was mainly aimed at us here in the US.

in last update dji increase the compass sensibility, so to do a good calibration you need to go in a really open space free of a electromagnetic interference. Then make the dance. I solve my problem dooing this.

Hello, I'm new here, I have bought a used phantom 2 vision, it was flying perfect, until I update firmware to this V3.12. Now it is very unstable, it keep moving every where, and take off is very difficult, it flip back very offen.

No body with this problem? Tomorrow I will downgrade to 3.08 to see if it get better, I dont remember witch one have before :(

Greetings from Uruguay!

Hello, I'm new here, I have bought a used phantom 2 vision, it was flying perfect, until I update firmware to this V3.12. Now it is very unstable, it keep moving every where, and take off is very difficult, it flip back very offen.!
Might want to try a compass calibration just to be safe.

Hi tcope!

Thanks for response. I have made a compass calibration few times, and it seems to be the same.

Hi tcope!

Thanks for response. I have made a compass calibration few times, and it seems to be the same.

1. default the gains after firmware update.
Phantom Assist > Basic > gains > default gains.

2. Advanced IMU after firmware update.
Phantom Assist > Tools > Advanced Calibration.
Make sure you do it when phantom has NOT been flown for an hour or so. Please keep her cool and do the Advance calibration the moment you turn on your phantom. This will prevent the "MC too hot" warning. I know most ignore this, but I don't since you are re-calibrating the highly sensitive sensors. All warnings should be taken seriously if you are after accuracy, especially if your have a 1.3kg flying air chopping lawnmower. You should get a green tick in less than 2minutes.

3. redo compass calibration in a wide grassy open field and remove all metal/electronic devices in your pockets etc.

4. Observe - Get 8 sats, fly close and about 10-15 ft (3m) to avoid ground effects.

Reactions: JavierSiavck
Hi Mako,

Thank you for the Tips! I will do them when I get home and after I tell you. The 1 and 2 have to be done on open area too, or only the 3 one?

Thanks again.

Regards.
Javier

Hi Mako,

Thank you for the Tips! I will do them when I get home and after I tell you. The 1 and 2 have to be done on open area too, or only the 3 one?

Thanks again.

Regards.
Javier

Do the IMU calibration a very level surface , not in field.
put a level across the bare motor posts and try to get them level with paper shims under legs.

once level got to 2 in above post by mako79 and be sure to do it when cool as he says.

I did mine several times and as I flew it "learned" it seemed and as I flew it more it worked better

good luck and have fun flying

Last edited:
Reactions: JavierSiavck
I have new data on my problem.
I have set the Phantom in Naza-m Mode, so if I set it in Atti, I can take off it with out problem and after that I set it on GPS and it look much more stable, but if I set on GPS before take of, it is difficult to take off (it tends to flip back), and after take off, it make going up and down and to the sides.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers