msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com
  • Who wants to be first? :cool:

http://www.dji.com/info/releases/dji-ha ... /?r=HCLyJu

Major New Features

• No-Fly Zones have been updated to include a 25km radius centered in Washington, DC.
    • The compass calibration program has been optimized to improve reliability.
    • When automatic landing is initiated, users can now continue to control the aircraft’s position and altitude. During this process, the maximum speed of ascent is 1 m/s.
    • After an automatic landing has been completed and the motors have stopped spinning, users can immediately restart the motors and begin a new flight.
    Updates

• Flight controller firmware has been updated to v3.12.

Thanks for heads up, just got email from DJI after I read this.

I wonder if its a case of hold off for a few days in case they pull it like 3.10 and all the bugs have been ironed out ?

It doesn't looks like "FIRMWARE UPGRADE" but "NoFly Zones Downgrade" :lol:

Didn't we just go through this a couple weeks ago. I won't be the first that's for sure lol

When automatic landing is initiated, users can now continue to control the aircraft’s position and altitude. During this process, the maximum speed of ascent is 1 m/s.

Is this an improvement over the previous firmware, always seemed liek the newer firmware made the DJI descend much slower then previous ones.

tabiggs said:
When automatic landing is initiated, users can now continue to control the aircraft’s position and altitude. During this process, the maximum speed of ascent is 1 m/s.

Is this an improvement over the previous firmware, always seemed liek the newer firmware made the DJI descend much slower then previous ones.
Yea this was a problem, I always switched to manual to land when battery power was minimal, to either override the auto landing or to just get it to descend quicker

:lol:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,736
tabiggs said:

Yeah, I'm confused about that statement. If I'm correct, Auto landing is when the battery is low (I think Failsafe hovers until battery is low? Perhaps it included Failsafe though). I know when the battery is low I could always control the Phantom, it just would not hover on its own. Perhaps this was not true in Failsafe mode. But if this is the change then DJI should have said Failsafe and not "automatic landing".

Heck, I see a limitations on flying added and nothing really added.

Now you can land, turn off the motors and then turn them on and launch again? Not before.

Just updated (Running Vision, not pluss). seems more stable, just didnt manage to calibrate the compass. It's a new warning light. ALOT of red lights flashing when compass calibration has failed. Overall it's nothing special :)

Guinea-Pig-DJI.jpg

Mine works just fine without an update.

(((When automatic landing is initiated, users can now continue to control the aircraft’s position and altitude. During this process, the maximum speed of ascent is 1 m/s.)))

So the way I understand the above detail given by DJI, is they want to make sure you are going to land the quad and not attempt to keep flying. Could this be because there could be some other unknown source coming along that will have the ability to force our quads into Auto Land? 2.24mph

Edit:
Btw, DJI now wants us to know about their liability claim addition as well. This was found at the bottom of the download page.

* Notice:
As DJI Innovations has no control over use, setup, final assembly, modification (including use of non-specified DJI parts i.e. motors, ESCs, propellers, etc.) or misuse, no liability shall be assumed nor accepted for any resulting damage or injury. By the act of use, setup or assembly, the user accepts all resulting liability.

CmB said:
unless i am very much mistaken the person who first posts about a firmware update, MUST be the first to update.
I always update. I just need some good weather to fly :cry:

Frank, aren't you mixing up 'descending' speed (during automatic landing) and 'ascending' speed (for possible continuing manual control)??

aartsf said:
Frank, aren't you mixing up 'descending' speed (during automatic landing) and 'ascending' speed (for possible continuing manual control)??

Yes agreed. And I think they are limiting the ascent to 1 m/s in this case to perhaps conserve battery power in case the autoland context is low battery induced.

Why would slowing down the descent ( = faster spinning props) save on Battery??? I'd rather descend faster with slower spinning props. I wish this speed had stayed at 2m/s rather than take now twice as long to bring it down.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl