• Date: 2018.06.26
  • Aircraft Firmware: V 01.00.15.00
  • Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 Remote Controller Firmware: V 01.00.15.00
  • Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 Remote Controller Firmware: V 01.00.01.00
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS: V 4.2.20
  • DJI GO 4 App Android: V 4.2.20

What’s New?
  • Optimized compass calibration.
  • Optimized gimbal performance to improve its stability during flight.

Notes
  • Once the firmware has been updated, it cannot be reverted to a previous version. Restart the aircraft and remote controller once the update is complete.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart the aircraft, remote controller, and DJI GO 4 app/DJI Assistant 2, then try updating again.

Reactions: Ripper7620
I have already updated and am heading out for a flight. It forced an IMU calibration afterwards which tells me they did work on the sensors which is a good thing.

Due to the release notes, I am optimistic that this is intended to help the slow yaw turning and gimbal glitching that people have been experiencing.

Hey @BudWalker and @sar104 ,
I noticed after the firmware update that many of the signals are missing from the log:

Lost Signals.png
What do you log wizards make of this? Is DJI removing stuff they don't want us to see?

I flew a short flight in between large thunderstorms. Very gusty conditions so I stayed below 20'.

This updated forced an IMU calibration, reset my EXP settings, reset my brake sensitivity settings, and reset many of the obstacle settings.

So far so good with this limited flight test. It is obvious they did some serious work on the compass and IMU code.

Did you upgrade via Djigo4 or Assistant 2 for phantom?

Just curious if the assistant will work now that a new firmware is available.

Paul C

Last edited:
FLY044.DAT is too short and doesn't contain an instance of several record types. It also isn't long enough to contain several RecDefs. Try it with a larger .DAT from the latest FW.

Will do hopefully tomorrow all the storms will be gone. Not really flyable conditions here this evening.

Did you upgrade via Djigo4 or Assistant 3 for phantom?

Just curious if the assistant will work now that a new firmware is available.

Paul C

I did it with DJI Go 4. Assistant 2.0 for Phantom should work now but sometimes it lags a few hours behind DJI Go4 4 before it knows about updates.

For the amount of time it took to release this the notes are pretty short.

I have been told by a USA based DJI employee that engineering at DJI is almost completely consumed by whatever it is that is coming....

Will do hopefully tomorrow all the storms will be gone. Not really flyable conditions here this evening.
I've been looking a little more. I hadn't seen that, although FLY044 is (very) small, the battery on time is 625 secs. You're right, there is a lot of stuff not being recorded with the new FW.

EDIT: In fact FLY044 looks like a .DAT that was retrieved from the tablet, not the P4P

I have been told by a USA based DJI employee that engineering at DJI is almost completely consumed by whatever it is that is coming....

That doesn’t surprise me at all. I’d imagine based on the sale prices and low stocks of the Mavic at many stores that we’ll be getting a MP2 or something similar of a different name to replace it. The P4P 2.0 just came out so the P5 will probably be a fall or holiday release.

I've been looking a little more. I hadn't seen that, although FLY044 is (very) small, the battery on time is 625 secs. You're right, there is a lot of stuff not being recorded with the new FW.

EDIT: In fact FLY044 looks like a .DAT that was retrieved from the tablet, not the P4P

Yes, these are all tablet files. I normally use them instead of the larger drone files unless I need something really detailed. All of the logs I have posted here in the past few months have been tablet DAT files.

This morning I flew another flight that was longer than FLY044 but still short because I had to go to work.

2018-06-27_07-10-32_FLY046.DAT

This one has the same missing data fields. In the past firmware, I could fly very short flights and still have all the normal data fields. I think they definitely removed some fields.

I will look into the drone files this evening to see if they also have been crippled.

I flew a test mission this morning and trended/reviewed the logs for the issue with slow yaw while hovering.

So far the results seem promising! I performed the series of maneuvers that have proven to re-produce the issue on demand and the drift was non-existent to very minor.

It also seems that DJI fixed the braking response sensitivity issue that most were having where the drone was ignoring the sensitivity setting and braking at max braking effect no matter what. Now the drone seems to be responding to that setting and braking at more appropriate rates.

Yes, these are all tablet files. I normally use them instead of the larger drone files unless I need something really detailed. All of the logs I have posted here in the past few months have been tablet DAT files.

This morning I flew another flight that was longer than FLY044 but still short because I had to go to work.

2018-06-27_07-10-32_FLY046.DAT

This one has the same missing data fields. In the past firmware, I could fly very short flights and still have all the normal data fields. I think they definitely removed some fields.

I will look into the drone files this evening to see if they also have been crippled.
So, FLY032 is a tablet .DAT? It's 70 MB. It looks like a .DAT that was retrieved from the P4P, not a tablet .DAT.

FLY044 has the fields that would be expected in the tablet .DAT.

If you want something that has more data, like FLY032, you'll need to use the P4P .DAT.

So, FLY032 is a tablet .DAT? It's 70 MB. It looks like a .DAT that was retrieved from the P4P, not a tablet .DAT.

FLY044 has the fields that would be expected in the tablet .DAT.

If you want something that has more data, like FLY032, you'll need to use the P4P .DAT.

Yes,

All of the logs I have posted here are Tablet DAT files including FLY032. It was the oldest one on my tablet last night (prior firmware). The tablet seems to only keep the last 11 flight DAT files.

That is why I noticed the change when what I have normally seen available was not there after the firmware update.

I am convinced they removed the data fields from the tablet DAT files.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl