Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 Firmware V01.00.1500 released

Another one is the Synchronize Gimbal Follow mode switch under the advanced gimbal settings. ...

These changes really made the difference! I did a test flight in the 'eye' of the storm and tried first the EXP settings, and then finally, the one that made the real difference, the Gimbal Follow to "off"..

Here's the video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

These changes really made the difference! I did a test flight in the 'eye' of the storm and tried first the EXP settings, and then finally, the one that made the real difference, the Gimbal Follow to "off"..

Here's the video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Glad you see some improvement. It is really noticable in your video. I have to say however that that stutter or choppyness I am seeing in your video when you pan around is not normal. It should be nice and smooth while panning. Not sure what is going on there.

I also noticed when you stop and hover at altitude, you also have the slow turning in yaw issue. It is subtle but it is there,

Glad you see some improvement. It is really noticable in your video. I have to say however that that stutter or choppyness I am seeing in your video when you pan around is not normal. It should be nice and smooth while panning. Not sure what is going on there.

I also noticed when you stop and hover at altitude, you also have the slow turning in yaw issue. It is subtle but it is there,

About a week ago, I did a 17 minute time lapse of a sunset and the drone did not move or turn at all from the beginning of the photo session. I may have been doing a slow turn on purpose to see how smooth and subtle the craft can respond.

I only see stutter in the video when played on my NLE system. I played the HEVC file on my Oppo 203 through the 4K projection system and noted that the motion looked as smooth as 60P. I had to check the MotionFlow settings on the projector to make sure they were turned off. I think the stutter is a computer issue.

About a week ago, I did a 17 minute time lapse of a sunset and the drone did not move or turn at all from the beginning of the photo session. I may have been doing a slow turn on purpose to see how smooth and subtle the craft can respond.

I only see stutter in the video when played on my NLE system. I played the HEVC file on my Oppo 203 through the 4K projection system and noted that the motion looked as smooth as 60P. I had to check the MotionFlow settings on the projector to make sure they were turned off. I think the stutter is a computer issue.

I noticed the slow drift in yaw every time you stopped to hover. The rotation will eventually stop once the compass yaw value matches the IMU yaw value. You can see this happening in the logs. It takes anywhere from 10-30 seconds for mine to catch up, once it stops rotating you would not notice it in a time lapse. What I can see does not look like user input. Examining the logs is the only way for me to know for sure.

You are likely correct on the video stutter. Youtube can really screw up some videos. If it plays smooth with the source files on a good computer, likely it is not a drone problem.

I noticed the slow drift in yaw every time you stopped to hover. The rotation will eventually stop once the compass yaw value matches the IMU yaw value. You can see this happening in the logs. It takes anywhere from 10-30 seconds for mine to catch up, once it stops rotating you would not notice it in a time lapse. What I can see does not look like user input. Examining the logs is the only way for me to know for sure.

You are likely correct on the video stutter. Youtube can really screw up some videos. If it plays smooth with the source files on a good computer, likely it is not a drone problem.

Is this yaw behavior also present on the P4P 1.0?

Is this yaw behavior also present on the P4P 1.0?

Maybe, the logs tell the absolute truth. If you want to do a test flight by going up to over 100' and hover for about 30 seconds in 4 quadrants and then post the log here I can look at it and tell. I need the actual DAT file of the flight off of the drone.

Oh, I know what you're talking about... I noticed a few seconds of 'back lash' since day one of owning the drone. I thought it was the gimbal stabilization slowly resetting itself after a yaw movement, akin to what an OIS lens does when panning on a tripod. It 'swims' backwards for a bit until it zeros.. so this issue mimicks the OIS effect but has a different cause. Interesting.
Waiting for more input on the new firmware. I've no issues that are concerning me about the aircraft at the moment, so I'm reluctant to mess things up with a firmware update.
This is my first HEVC video upload. I normally would render h.264, but I found out my hardware compressor can do HEVC last night, so I tried it. The quality on my 12' projection screen, as played by my Oppo 203 in 4K was like looking at the master file, but without dropping frames. The only time I noticed 24P frame judder was when the radio tower was in the frame. It's sharp vertical edge coupled with the high shutter speed, produced a bit of frame judder, typical of theatrical film rates. But I was amazed how the landscape below moved with the smoothness of 60P.

Reactions: brantel
Some of this is in the post above but here is the summary I posted on FB. This is after flying 4 packs thru it today:

“For those with a P4P 2.0, DJI recently released firmware version V01.00.15.00. This is a PIREP on how this firmware update went for me and what it seems to have fixed. I did my update using DJI Go 4 and that process went flawlessly. I could have used Assistant 2 for Phantom 2.0 (make sure you download the correct version as the one for the P4P won't work) but I did it with Go 4.

The update reset my multiple flight modes, EXP, braking sensitivity, and several obstacle avoidance system settings. The update forced an IMU calibration and don't be alarmed to see your IMU sensor status screen with huge bias numbers and red bar graphs for all 4 sensors. Others reported the same thing so this must be normal. Once you calibrate the IMU, you will likely find that your bias numbers on the 4 sensors are much lower than prior to the update. I did not have to do a compass calibration!

Now to what this update appears to have fixed. I call these Easter Eggs because the release notes do not cover all of these:

Gone are the issues with the compass sensor status page constantly warning of a backwards compass or extreme interference when there is none!

Gone are the issues with getting occasional compass redundancy switch messages.

Gone is the tendency for the the drone to slowly rotate in yaw while hovering. Variable in clockwise or counterclockwise depending on heading hovering at.

Gone is the occasional gimbal glitch where the gimbal jerks in its yaw axis.

Gone is the problem where the drone always braked at max braking power and totally ignored the braking action sensitivity setting. The drone now seems to obey that setting.

Much improved is the stability in hover. The drone now holds position like it is glued in space. Obviously in wind it will work as hard as required to hold its position but the position hold is now much improved. In smooth air it is rock solid steady.

It appears that DJI really did some significant updates to the compass/IMU firmware! Bottom line is that I highly recommend this update if you had any of those issues!”

Thank you for doing all this research. It's really making me optimistic about this new firmware. I just upgraded - will be taking it out tomorrow evening to try and see what happens!

Thank you for doing all this research. It's really making me optimistic about this new firmware. I just upgraded - will be taking it out tomorrow evening to try and see what happens!
This fw is old. Came out in june ....problem with yaw still exists.

This fw is old. Came out in june ....problem with yaw still exists.

Booo. I was supposed to get unparalleled flight performance, not this madness. Especially for the cost, you'd think they'd have figured all this out by now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic